LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 171 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The latest a game has ended at Busch Stadium III is 2:05 a.m. CT (09/07/12). If this one is eventually finished, it will end much later.
Is Wacha going to be up for good? Im trying to decide whether to put a waiver claim in.

He must already be annoyed with the Fozzy Bear thing, considering he's probably heard it his entire life. lol everyone thinks theyre being clever.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 31, 2013 at 3:09 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Is Wacha going to be up for good? Im trying to decide whether to put a waiver claim in.

He must already be annoyed with the Fozzy Bear thing, considering he's probably heard it his entire life. lol everyone thinks theyre being clever.

Our #1 SP prospect (and Cardinals have been talked about having the best farm system in MLB)

I would. Yeah, I'm sure he is used to it by now. Last night during the STL broadcast..every time he completed an inning you heard Fozzy Bear say "Waka Waka!"
[ Edited by jrg on May 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
THANK YOU!

#STLCards have demoted Boggs to AAA Memphis and have promoted Keith Butler (R) from AA.

GTFO AND STAY OUT

[ Edited by jrg on May 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:

Our #1 SP prospect (and Cardinals have been talked about having the best farm system in MLB)

I would. Yeah, I'm sure he is used to it by now. Last night during the STL broadcast..every time he completed an inning you heard Fozzy Bear say "Waka Waka!"

I just worry he'll get sent back down again if he hits a rough spot. Top prospect or not, unless hes up permanently hes not really worth the roster spot.

I just wondered if you heard anything about this being a longterm promotion, or just to get his feet wet.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I just worry he'll get sent back down again if he hits a rough spot. Top prospect or not, unless hes up permanently hes not really worth the roster spot.

I just wondered if you heard anything about this being a longterm promotion, or just to get his feet wet.

Well Wacha has been getting more attention than Shelby Miller. He dominated in college, dominated spring training (didn't allow a run all ST), dominated AAA (4-0 2.05 ERA 0.95 WHIP 34K/15BB)..his only knock is the Ks..they anticipate his Ks will go up, but they have been average at best so far. Regardless, he has been great. I anticipate he will be on the roster for a while. Garcia is done for the season, and Westbrook MAY be as well. We know Wainwright/Lynn/Miller are here to stay 100%...so that leaves two spots for Michael Wacha, Tyler Lyons, and John Gast. Gast is hurt now, but he is the odd man out regardless.

The ONLY chance I see Wacha being sent back down for an extended period of time is if the Cardinals pick up a SP at the deadline, or Chris Carpenter returns.

From what I've read about Wacha from STL reporters is he is "the real deal"...often compared to Adam Wainwright
[ Edited by jrg on May 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Just pick one of these up...

• jrg
  • Veteran
this is fun
this is fun

Not for the Giants

• jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Weird lineup for game 2

Jay CF
Molina C
Beltran RF
Freese 3B
Wiggington 1B
Descalso 2B
Robinson LF
Kozma SS
Wainwright SP
  • Garce
  • Veteran
THANK YOU!

#STLCards have demoted Boggs to AAA Memphis and have promoted Keith Butler (R) from AA.

GTFO AND STAY OUT

does that mean Rosenthal is gonna be the closer? or that f*ggot salas?
Should flip Freese and Molina in the lineup.I
Originally posted by Garcia:
THANK YOU!

GTFO AND STAY OUT

does that mean Rosenthal is gonna be the closer? or that f*ggot salas?

Mujica is still the closer, just glad Boggs can't screw this team for the foreseeable future
Share 49ersWebzone