LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Thats what they always say about NL teams with stacked lineups.

The media can keep calling the AL the far superior league all they want, but its becoming a trend for the AL powerhouse lineups to get dominated by strong NL pitching in the WS.

They can keep the DH. We'll just play the REAL game of baseball over here, like its been played for 145 years. They should go ahead and add "Designated Fielders" while theyre at it.

Phillies and Cards are the NL favorites of ESPN. If the Mets ever get good, Cards will be gone from their list.

I don't watch or read ESPN for baseball anymore because their east coast bias is beyond ridiculous. Basically they only want to cover the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies. I watch and follow MLB Network and MLB.com because they are superior to ESPN and ESPN.com.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lol, Cardinals aren't going anywhere..if anything they're on the way up. In my opinion, not quite title contenders..but ya never know. So much young talent that will drastically effect the team this year and moving forward.

Shelby Miller, Oscar Tavares, Trevor Rosenthal, Joe Kelly, Carlos Martinez, Kolten Wong, Matt Adams...will likely see all of them this year.
Originally posted by jrg:
Lol, Cardinals aren't going anywhere..if anything they're on the way up. In my opinion, not quite title contenders..but ya never know. So much young talent that will drastically effect the team this year and moving forward.

Shelby Miller, Oscar Tavares, Trevor Rosenthal, Joe Kelly, Carlos Martinez, Kolten Wong, Matt Adams...will likely see all of them this year.

Have to agree here.

Cards have a helluva farm system and they're going to be a pain in the ass for years.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Have to agree here.

Cards have a helluva farm system and they're going to be a pain in the ass for years.

Quit kissing James ass. We all know the Cards will suck forever.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Have to agree here.

Been quite the improvement. I still remember right as of 2000 the Cardinals were always ranked as having one of the worst farm systems out there. Walt Jocketty was just a miracle worker and kept us competitive. Now, John Mozeliak is actually building something crazy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Have to agree here.

Have to agree here.

No ass kissing, just thought I'd give him some hope after the epic Cardinal implosion that was the '12 NLCS.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Have to agree here.

No ass kissing, just thought I'd give him some hope after the epic Cardinal implosion that was the '12 NLCS.

You know whats funny about that too? Maybe I just blocked it out completely to get over it...and I was watching MLB Network the other day...and we had a f**king 3-1 series lead!

Completely forgot about that.

Have to agree here.

You know whats funny about that too? Maybe I just blocked it out completely to get over it...and I was watching MLB Network the other day...and we had a f**king 3-1 series lead!

I didn't. I remember you were pissed. I could definitely see why you chose to block it out.

I remember every precious moment of that. I'm surprised you forgot...

• jrg
  • Veteran
I didn't. I remember you were pissed. I could definitely see why you chose to block it out.

Yeah. Pretty mad. Remember the Giants thread during that series?

Originally posted by dcsham:
I remember every precious moment of that. I'm surprised you forgot...

Thank god I did.

Have to agree here.

You wouldve beaten the Tigers too. Remember how hot all your hitters were? Even Kozma and Descalso came out of that Nats series on fire.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Have to agree here.

You wouldve beaten the Tigers too. Remember how hot all your hitters were? Even Kozma and Descalso came out of that Nats series on fire.

Would've been 2006 all over again.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Like a boss

http://fox2now.com/2013/01/03/cardinals-open-2013-season-on-national-tv/

Cardinals Open 2013 Season on National TV

Major League Baseball announced on January 3rd, 2013 that the St. Louis Cardinals will be featured on national television when they open their 2013 baseball season. The Cardinals will start their season on April 1st in Arizona when they play the Diamondbacks. The game will be the fourth of the day to be televised by the ESPN Networks. The Cardinals and D;Backs game will be broadcast on ESPN2 starting at 9:00 pm on April 1st.

RIP STAN
Share 49ersWebzone