can't wait to pull out a sharpie and write "2013"

And we'll be set perfect with Waino available to go game 1
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:

Yep. Which is huge. He'll be rested.

First two are in AL team's park.
The Cardinals are going for their twelfth Championship. They are #2 on the list, the Yankees have 27. At their current pace they'll catch the Yankees in about a hundred years, providing the Yankees win none in that time.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Cardinals are going for their twelfth Championship. They are #2 on the list, the Yankees have 27. At their current pace they'll catch the Yankees in about a hundred years, providing the Yankees win none in that time.

And the Cards still won't have spent the amount of money the Yankees have over the past decade. Can't wait to see them give Cano 300 million. Idiots...can't buy a championship
I agree with everything you say, but to see an organization committed to winning for close to a hundred years speaks for itself. Cano will never see 300 mill. The current Yankee ownership does not seem to have the commitment that George had.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
Thanks Dodgers. Now Wainwright looks like this

lol after all his health issues, theres not a chance he gets even 100 mil. Or even more than 3 years.

Five years, $97.5 million

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
I dont think he will ever be the 09-10 Wainwright who was a top 3 CY guy. The injury on top of the age factor just pushes him past that prime. He may still be a very solid SP for a couple years, but he missed the boat for ace money.

By the time hes proven to the Cards he is back to top form, and can be trusted with a big money deal, he will be too old. No smart team gives a pitcher more than 3 years at age 32. Especially when the guy is trying to get back to what he used to be before an injury.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Just going back through the garbage I saw before the season......lol

• jrg
  • Veteran
Lol, Cardinals aren't going anywhere..if anything they're on the way up. In my opinion, not quite title contenders..but ya never know. So much young talent that will drastically effect the team this year and moving forward.

Shelby Miller, Oscar Tavares, Trevor Rosenthal, Joe Kelly, Carlos Martinez, Kolten Wong, Matt Adams...will likely see all of them this year.

Oh look....the 2013 Cardinals are being carried by EXACTLY what I said. (Sorry, should have included Wacha/Maness/Siegrist)
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 19, 2013 at 3:38 AM ]
You know its gonna be just you and me posting here now for the most part. Can't wait for the WS to get started. Hopefully Boston closes it out tonight, don't want too much of a layoff.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Lol, Cardinals aren't going anywhere..if anything they're on the way up. In my opinion, not quite title contenders..but ya never know. So much young talent that will drastically effect the team this year and moving forward.

Shelby Miller, Oscar Tavares, Trevor Rosenthal, Joe Kelly, Carlos Martinez, Kolten Wong, Matt Adams...will likely see all of them this year.

Oh look....the 2013 Cardinals are being carried by EXACTLY what I said. (Sorry, should have included Wacha/Maness/Siegrist)

the bold completely invalidates your entire post/quote

You didnt hit on everything James. You didnt think Wacha should be starting in the playoffs but wanted Miller instead. Guess its a good thing for the Cards that Matheny went with Wacha.
Originally posted by LarryT1974:

Yep. Which is huge. He'll be rested.

First two are in AL team's park.

Jon Lester will also be on full rest if Boston makes it. Should be a good matchup.
Share 49ersWebzone