LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

In 133 AB's this year, Matt Adams has 18 R, 7 HR, 26 RBI's, and is hitting .316. (.368 OB%, .549 SLG)

If you pro-rate his pace based on a 600 AB season, he projects to 81 R, 32 HR, 117 RBI's, and ZiPS projects his avg. to finish around .293 based on BABIP regression.

Considering if he was in the lineup every day his runs would go up in that lineup, he has some nice potential with regular AB's, even this year.

Stashed him in my fantasy league for cheap, and now I wait for Beltran or Holliday to get hurt. Like I said before, the Cards pulling great young players out of their butts on a regular basis is annoying, but at least I can try to take advantage of it in fantasy.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:05 AM ]
Adams will be a starter next season with Craig in RF and Taveras in CF. Beltran will probably be somewhere else next season and Jay on the bench as a late inning defensive replacement for any OF spot (most likely LF as Holiday is a horrible fielder).
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
In 133 AB's this year, Matt Adams has 18 R, 7 HR, 26 RBI's, and is hitting .316. (.368 OB%, .549 SLG)

If you pro-rate his pace based on a 600 AB season, he projects to 81 R, 32 HR, 117 RBI's, and ZiPS projects his avg. to finish around .293 based on BABIP regression.

Considering if he was in the lineup every day his runs would go up in that lineup, he has some nice potential with regular AB's, even this year.

Stashed him in my fantasy league for cheap, and now I wait for Beltran or Holliday to get hurt. Like I said before, the Cards pulling great young players out of their butts on a regular basis is annoying, but at least I can try to take advantage of it in fantasy.

Yeah..the man is a stud. I remember being laughed at earlier in this thread or one of the MLB threads for being so high on him.

Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Adams will be a starter next season with Craig in RF and Taveras in CF. Beltran will probably be somewhere else next season and Jay on the bench as a late inning defensive replacement for any OF spot (most likely LF as Holiday is a horrible fielder).

This. I think all Cardinals fans would love to see Beltran back, but we just have so many young players we need to get into the lineup every day.

Adams will go to 1B, Craig to RF, and Taveras to CF. We still need something to do w/ Wong as well which makes me think Freese will be traded at the deadline this year or in the off-season. Moving Matt Carpenter back to 3B and Wong at 2B.

PLUS at SP/RP...Motte will be back next year, so I guess Mujica moves back to his 7th inning role after making the All-Star team as a closer? What about Rosenthal? Does he stay in his 8th inning role...or close? Or does he go where most think he will..into the rotation?

Gotta mix in Carlos Martinez and Michael Wacha in the rotation as well. Haha
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM ]
Can Wong play SS? Not so sure you trade away a proven commodity like Freese for an unproven guy like Wong. I know the team is high on the guy, but Freese has been a very clutch player for this team. Unless we can get a proven SS for him, I would keep Wong where he is at. This team has been lacking a great SS ever since Renteria left.
[ Edited by LarryT1974 on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Can Wong play SS? Not so sure you trade away a proven commodity like Freese for an unproven guy like Wong. I know the team is high on the guy, but Freese has been a very clutch player for this team. Unless we can get a proven SS for him, I would keep Wong where he is at. This team has been lacking a great SS ever since Renteria left.

I was thinking the same. It'd be nice because essentially that'd make Kozma the odd man out. I don't hate Kozma by any means, but he certainly hasn't been starter quality lately. It'd be nice to have guys like Jay and Kozma off the bench.

C Molina
1B Adams
2B Carpenter
SS Wong
3B Freese
LF Holliday
CF Taveras
RF Craig

Would be ideal.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
So much for that home field advantage in STL
Originally posted by jrg:

does it matter? You guys are gonna get swept by the A's anyways
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM ]
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

does it matter? You guys are gonna get swept by the A's anyways

That World Series only happens in Tony LaRussa's dreams.
Home field is nice but not necessary. I think the visiting team has more fire knowing they need to win in someone else's ballpark. Cards win Championship #12 on the road this year. No big deal.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Home field is nice but not necessary. I think the visiting team has more fire knowing they need to win in someone else's ballpark. Cards win Championship #12 on the road this year. No big deal.

best road record in baseball
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Carlos Beltran ponders Hall of Fame

"I would say three more years, just to say a number," Beltran told the Post-Dispatch. "This is my 15th [season]. If I could do [three more], that would be a good career for me."

link to story
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Front of the sports section...I think the Cardinals will be pushing hard to fill in that 6th-7th inning guy

Would be nice to see someone like Jesse Crain or Glen Perkins come on over
Front of the sports section...I think the Cardinals will be pushing hard to fill in that 6th-7th inning guy

Glen Perkins has been better than Mujica. Id aim lower...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Glen Perkins has been better than Mujica. Id aim lower...

So? Lol, those are the two names constantly being linked to the Cardinals on the radio
Share 49ersWebzone