LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
lol reds
Wainwright has been sick this season. I thi.k this could be the year he gets that Cy Young. He's been close before but Carp's not around to split votes. Yadi for MVP and Waino for CY
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Wainwright has been sick this season. I thi.k this could be the year he gets that Cy Young. He's been close before but Carp's not around to split votes. Yadi for MVP and Waino for CY

Haha, I will take it!

Yeah, Adam has been unbelievable. The guy has 91 strikeouts and 7 walks this season. Check out my post in the MLB thread. He needs to start the All-Star game. This team is starting to remind me of the 2004 team (hopefully we don't end w/ the same result)..the Cardinals have been good for a pretty long time and most of the time I think we have a decent chance of winning. This season (like 2004), I pretty much expect us to win every night. When we do lose, its so weird. I just hope our pitching can stay at this or around this level for the remainder of the season (playoffs too).
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
nationally televised tonight (FOX) and tomorrow night (ESPN)
Originally posted by jrg:

I know you dislike the Giants, but when we came back and knocked the Reds out of the playoffs last year, were you happy?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:

I know you dislike the Giants, but when we came back and knocked the Reds out of the playoffs last year, were you happy?

Until you also knocked us out, yes I was. Haha I was actually rooting for you guys in that series. Dislike the Reds and figured you guys would be an easier matchup.
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
1st round pick Marco Gonzales

• jrg
  • Veteran
Larry, you need to come up for a Cardinals game. Maybe next year? (so you get to see it all)

Busch Stadium still isn't done..they are building Ballpark Village now, which is expected to be completed sometime after this season (will be ready for next season)

Check this video out

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=27814335

40 foot LED screen

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 8, 2013 at 3:52 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lol, Beltran was safe at the end there. Votto's foot came off the bag. FOX announcers were surprised.

Oh well. I actually thought we'd lose tonight based on our history. Just can't sweep a team.

We'll win the series tomorrow and keep rolling along.

Lance Lynn (8-1)

@

Bronson Arroyo (6-5)

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]

Definitely would love to come up to Stl for a couple of games. Might be able to take some vacation time near the end of the season.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Definitely would love to come up to Stl for a couple of games. Might be able to take some vacation time near the end of the season.

Save it and come see the Ballpark Village above
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Matt Holliday grand slam in the 10th makes it 11-4

Gotta love "LETS GO CARDINALS" chants in ANOTHER road stadium

W 41-22

Off to NY for the Mets
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
1. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B
2. Yadier Molina (R) C