• jrg
  • Veteran
ESPN tonight

• jrg
  • Veteran
RIP Joaquin Andujar
Originally posted by jrg:
RIP Joaquin Andujar

Great fastball/changeup combo...sad that he died as a relatively young man.
Pretty quiet in here.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by reno9er:
Pretty quiet in here.

I'm the only Cardinals fan on the forum (that consistently posts)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Need more LarryT and iohk
Pretty quiet in here.

I'm the only Cardinals fan on the forum (that consistently posts)

That's why I'm here...to help.

2.5 game lead...why the poor play lately? Pirates are right there and they were done a couple of weeks ago...?
Pirates/Cardinals tonight

Time to start putting their division hopes to rest

How things have changed....
I haven't been posting as much lately since I've been back to work. This week isn't so bad, I bid everything in the west and my first leg isn't until Tuesday morning. Farthest east I go is to MDW in Chicago, then I'm done for the week on Thursday afternoon. Hope to watch a lot of football and baseball after that.

Races are getting interesting, except that the Giants are out of it.

• jrg
  • Veteran

2.5 game lead...why the poor play lately? Pirates are right there and they were done a couple of weeks ago...?

Never said they were done. Just hopes. The Pirates AND Cubs are legit. The Cubs are the 3rd place team in this division. They have the same record as the Dodgers (your division leader).

Rough stretch lately. Just couldn't hit the ball. Quite a few players are back or coming back very soon. Matt Adams came back today. Hit a huge 2 run HR. He is a big question mark for this team. Piscotty has been playing out of his mind over the last month or so, but where is he gonna play? LF (Holliday), CF (Grichuk), RF (Heyward), 1B (Adams). Piscotty can play all OF positions and 1B. As much as I love Piscotty I honestly feel like he will go to the bench when the Cardinals are at full strenght. With that, this will be their starters:

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Matt Adams
2B: Kolten Wong
SS: Jhonny Peralta
3B: Matt Carpenter
LF: Matt Holliday
CF: Randal Grichuk
RF: Jason Heyward

BN: Stephen Piscotty
BN: Brandon Moss
BN: Mark Reynolds
BN: Jon Jay
BN: Peter Bourjos
BN: Tony Cruz

Wainwright is progressing tremendously. Just can't wait to get this team healthy for the WS run. Next Sunday I'll be at Wrigley. I'll post pictures here.

Never said they were done. Just hopes. The Pirates AND Cubs are legit. The Cubs are the 3rd place team in this division. They have the same record as the Dodgers (your division leader).

Rough stretch lately. Just couldn't hit the ball. Quite a few players are back or coming back very soon. Matt Adams came back today. Hit a huge 2 run HR. He is a big question mark for this team. Piscotty has been playing out of his mind over the last month or so, but where is he gonna play? LF (Holliday), CF (Grichuk), RF (Heyward), 1B (Adams). Piscotty can play all OF positions and 1B. As much as I love Piscotty I honestly feel like he will go to the bench when the Cardinals are at full strenght. With that, this will be their starters:

Wainwright is progressing tremendously. Just can't wait to get this team healthy for the WS run. Next Sunday I'll be at Wrigley. I'll post pictures here.

Have a great time at Wrigley, that should be a fun trip! I'm debating next year whether to take my son to Chicago when the Giants play or a Nascar race. We are both Nascar fans as well (Bill Elliott) and have been following his son Chase who is going up to the Sprint series from Xfinity next year. He can't do both, so it will probably be whichever one he decides.

Have a great time at Wrigley, that should be a fun trip! I'm debating next year whether to take my son to Chicago when the Giants play or a Nascar race. We are both Nascar fans as well (Bill Elliott) and have been following his son Chase who is going up to the Sprint series from Xfinity next year. He can't do both, so it will probably be whichever one he decides.

Seeing Chase in the #24 is the way to go.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
magic # 12
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Seeing Chase in the #24 is the way to go.

Yeah, if I had to choose it would be that. I think we will probably end up going to the spring race at the California speedway, I can fly us down there quickly and will more than likely be better for his work schedule than going all the way back to Chicago.
Share 49ersWebzone