LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

Originally posted by reno9er:
Rangers drawing 41,000+ this weekend thanks to the best drawing road team in MLB, the San Francisco Giants. Giants fans continue to show that they are the best fans in baseball, traveling better than every other MLB club regardless of the "self appointed" best baseball fans in America that some clubs choose to bestow upon themselves that is not supported by facts.

The best baseball fans in America continues to be proven by the team that draws the best on the road, and this is the province of the San Francisco Giants.

The stats show that the Giants are the best draw in baseball right now but... you dont think that the 41,000 in attendance this weekend had more to do with the signing and excitement over Hamels? I would guess it did.

The topic of which city is the "best" baseball town is ridiculous anyway. Cards fans love to say that St Louis is. Giants fans now say that SF is. I would say both cities support their teams very well and to say one is better than the other is pretty dumb.
Originally posted by jrg:
This is EXACTLY an example of what I said before. Giants are the best at everything.

f**king homers.

Cardinals are known nation wide by players, media, etc.

OH NO! GIANTS ARE THE BEST FRANCHISE IN EVERYTHING!!!

f**k, I'd take Cub fans at this point

Is it post season yet? Another couple months of these inane arguments until the real bragging can start.

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Boom Jrg roasted

Lol no, I just ignore that guy

He admitted earlier he is a total homer. No point in wasting my time.

Boom Jrg roasted

You don't ignore me. You know what I post is true. You have no facts to dispute it. You are owned.

Your fans are good. But that's all, just good. Not the best in any measurement. The best fans in baseball, and the best baseball city, is San Francisco.

Your bubble is so bursted. You can't deny it. You can only respect it.

You're welcome.

You might be right about having a great fan base, but Giants have been the most boring team to watch in baseball over the last 10 years. I rather watch a minor league game than sit through a Giants game snooze fest. A Giants game = single, bunt, error, run scored, and Giants win 2-1...
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Boom Jrg roasted

Boom Jrg roasted

You don't ignore me. You know what I post is true. You have no facts to dispute it. You are owned.

Your fans are good. But that's all, just good. Not the best in any measurement. The best fans in baseball, and the best baseball city, is San Francisco.

You're welcome.

You might be right about having a great fan base, but Giants have been the most boring team to watch in baseball over the last 10 years. I rather watch a minor league game than sit through a Giants game snooze fest. A Giants game = single, bunt, error, run scored, and Giants win 2-1...

Congrats. You get the award for dumbest post of the year
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Boom Jrg roasted

Boom Jrg roasted

You're welcome.

Congrats. You get the award for dumbest post of the year

deported
  • jrg
  • Veteran
0-0 in the 2nd inning

WOOOOO
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Rangers drawing 41,000+ this weekend thanks to the best drawing road team in MLB, the San Francisco Giants. Giants fans continue to show that they are the best fans in baseball, traveling better than every other MLB club regardless of the "self appointed" best baseball fans in America that some clubs choose to bestow upon themselves that is not supported by facts.

The best baseball fans in America continues to be proven by the team that draws the best on the road, and this is the province of the San Francisco Giants.

The stats show that the Giants are the best draw in baseball right now but... you dont think that the 41,000 in attendance this weekend had more to do with the signing and excitement over Hamels? I would guess it did.

The topic of which city is the "best" baseball town is ridiculous anyway. Cards fans love to say that St Louis is. Giants fans now say that SF is. I would say both cities support their teams very well and to say one is better than the other is pretty dumb.

It absolutely has EVERYTHING to do with Hamels debut. The game before had 30,674. The Hamels game had 41,114. The Rangers average 31, 906.

But of course, this Reno dude will claim it is all because of his beloved SF Giants. Has nothing to do w/ Hamels debuting.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Grichuck 2 run shot

2-0 good guys

It absolutely has EVERYTHING to do with Hamels debut. The game before had 30,674. The Hamels game had 41,114. The Rangers average 31, 906.

But of course, this Reno dude will claim it is all because of his beloved SF Giants. Has nothing to do w/ Hamels debuting.

Look at the road attendance on the chart you just posted. The Giants have STL beat by quite a bit on road attendance, which was the argument. Just saying...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Look at the road attendance on the chart you just posted. The Giants have STL beat by quite a bit on road attendance, which was the argument. Just saying...

Cool? Pretty easy to have the highest draw on the road when your main rival is the Los Angeles Dodgers. The team that leads everyone in attendance, has the largest stadium. (I'm sure that is only due to the Giants as well ) My response is to Reno who claims the Giants were the reason for the 41k attendance, not Cole Hamels' debut. I'm sure nobody cares about his debut, it is just a bunch of Giant fans traveling to Texas for the game.

Give me a break.
[ Edited by jrg on Aug 2, 2015 at 1:21 PM ]

All these arguments are so f**king pointless during the season. Like seriously who gives a s**t? All that matters is if your team shows up in the playoffs and gets it done. Recently the Giants have been able to do just that but the Cards still hold the overall edge. Bam! Argument closed! Now go back to your corners until October and I pray to the baseball gods that the Giants and Cards face each other so you guys can settle this stupid s**t for this season and have offseason bragging rights.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Aug 2, 2015 at 1:33 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
All these arguments are so f**king pointless during the season. Like seriously who gives a s**t? All that matters is if your team shows up in the playoffs and gets it done. Recently the Giants have been able to do just that but the Cards still hold the overall edge. Bam! Argument closed! Now go back to your corners until October and I pray to the baseball gods that the Giants and Cards face each other so you guys can settle this stupid s**t for this season and have offseason bragging rights.

I mean, you don't see me up in the Giants thread with this nonsense.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Brandon Moss!

Walk off base hit!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
W 3-2

67-38

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Originally posted by Niners99:

Cool? Pretty easy to have the highest draw on the road when your main rival is the Los Angeles Dodgers. The team that leads everyone in attendance, has the largest stadium. (I'm sure that is only due to the Giants as well ) My response is to Reno who claims the Giants were the reason for the 41k attendance, not Cole Hamels' debut. I'm sure nobody cares about his debut, it is just a bunch of Giant fans traveling to Texas for the game.

Give me a break.

There are a TON of Giants fans living in southern CA and AZ. There are also a ton of them in the Dallas/Austin region because of bay area companies that moved out there for tax breaks. Remember how red the 49ers/Cowboys game was last year?

This isnt my argument to try and win, but you seem to be the one that started it over not being willing to even consider that maybe another fan base is as widespread as the Cardinals' fans are.
Share 49ersWebzone