There are 183 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
Jenifer Langosch ‏@LangoschMLB10m
The #STLCards have traded RHP Mitchell Boggs to Colorado.

First Wiggington and now this?!

lol for "international signing bonus slot number 4". Basically, the Cards were willing to give him up for a lottery ticket on some 15 year old Dominican kid.

Hell yeah. I mean why not? Rosenthal has replaced Boggs. Taveras was once that "lottery ticket on some 15 yr old Dominican kid" as well.

Mozeliak said the Cardinals didn't see Boggs coming back up. The fact that he is out of our system makes me happy. Boggs has declined so much. He was DOMINANT last year as a setup guy. Dude was selected to Team USA.

lol for "international signing bonus slot number 4". Basically, the Cards were willing to give him up for a lottery ticket on some 15 year old Dominican kid.

Hell yeah. I mean why not? Rosenthal has replaced Boggs. Taveras was once that "lottery ticket on some 15 yr old Dominican kid" as well.

Mozeliak said the Cardinals didn't see Boggs coming back up. The fact that he is out of our system makes me happy. Boggs has declined so much. He was DOMINANT last year as a setup guy. Dude was selected to Team USA.

Usually international signings are total shots in the dark, and its rare to get Taveras, but its better than a crappy A ball RP.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Usually international signings are total shots in the dark, and its rare to get Taveras, but its better than a crappy A ball RP.

Cardinals have had some success lately with international players, so I'm very happy with this move.
I just realized Shelby Miller didnt even make the All-Star team. Didnt see that coming.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I just realized Shelby Miller didnt even make the All-Star team. Didnt see that coming.

Should be 10-6 after tonight. 100+K

Good ERA, Good WHIP

I don't get it. Wainwright says he'll give his spot to Lynn/Miller/Mujica (since he won't be pitching in the game)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Its almost time! Chris Carpenter will start at Double-A Springfield on Monday

Threw another solid bullpen session today w/ no issues

If we get Carp back and he is healthy I think we would be NL front-runners (if we aren't already). Are they talking Starter or Reliever? I know what Carp is thinking, but have to do what is best for him long-term and what's best for the team now.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
If we get Carp back and he is healthy I think we would be NL front-runners (if we aren't already). Are they talking Starter or Reliever? I know what Carp is thinking, but have to do what is best for him long-term and what's best for the team now.

I think we are currently. I don't think Pittsburgh will last. I think they will a little longer than last season, but I don't think they'll be able to keep up. Atlanta is really the only team that I may be worried about. Starter or bust really. I think we're gonna pick up another RP at the deadline. We had scouts at the Mets/Brewers series recently and I keep hearing the name Bobby Parnell from the Mets as a possible target. We'll see though. But yeah, I honestly think he'll start or nothing...although his presence alone improves this team.

Wainwright
Lynn
Miller
Carpenter
Westbrook

I'd assume
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Chris Carpenter on Recovery and Return "My stuff is good."

And don't you mean:
Wainwright
Carpenter (he's our #2 if healthy)
Miller (been better than Lynn lately)
Lynn (started strong second year in a row but fading)
Westbrook (if his sinker isn't working he is very awful)

Any way you look at it we have a really good starting 5 when compared to the rest of baseball.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:

And don't you mean:
Wainwright
Carpenter (he's our #2 if healthy)
Miller (been better than Lynn lately)
Lynn (started strong second year in a row but fading)
Westbrook (if his sinker isn't working he is very awful)

Any way you look at it we have a really good starting 5 when compared to the rest of baseball.

I don't know if they'll rely on Carpenter THAT much to be a #2.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Should be 10-6 after tonight. 100+K

Good ERA, Good WHIP

I don't get it. Wainwright says he'll give his spot to Lynn/Miller/Mujica (since he won't be pitching in the game)

Spoke too soon
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Matt Carpenter is a pimp

• jrg
  • Veteran
W 55-34

4 game set in Chicago. Bring on the Cubbies!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Down 3-0 and Holliday just left the game grabbing his hamstring

Great
Share 49ersWebzone