LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
After his shaky opening day, he has been ridiculous. Keeps this going and he will def get strong consideration for CY award

Best pitcher in the MLB right now

ever heard of Clayton Kershaw?

ever heard of Adam Wainwright? As of today, he is the best pitcher in baseball.

10-3 (only pitcher w/ 10)
2.18 ERA
1.01 WHIP

Wainwright has more wins, less losses, more IP, more strikeouts, has 97 strikeouts and 9 walks, #1 in WAR for pitchers

Look at the stats

2.18 ERA
1.01 WHIP

Wainwright has more wins, less losses, more IP, more strikeouts, has 97 strikeouts and 9 walks, #1 in WAR for pitchers

Look at the stats

Kershaw
1.88 ERA
96 Ks
.977 WHIP
  • jrg
  • Veteran

2.18 ERA
1.01 WHIP

Look at the stats

Kershaw
1.88 ERA
96 Ks
.977 WHIP

Cool. Not better than Wainwright.

all those numbers are better than Wainwright, the 96ks are even in less innings. and teh WAR stat you mentioned, Wainwright is .2 points higher than Kershaw, lol. More wins and less walks are cute but look how many more hits Wainwright has given up compared to Kershaw, Wainwright is good this year but Kershaw is still the best pitcher in the NL

all those numbers are better than Wainwright, the 96ks are even in less innings. and teh WAR stat you mentioned, Wainwright is .2 points higher than Kershaw, lol. More wins and less walks are cute but look how many more hits Wainwright has given up compared to Kershaw, Wainwright is good this year but Kershaw is still the best pitcher in the NL

This. Wainwright is good but you know better than use wins as a pitching stat James. Come on. That's the team stat
Kersh for sure.

James c'mon son lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
you dudes are dumb

ill enjoy my #1 MLB team why you dudes argue

This. Kershaw is a beast and I hate the f**king Dodgers.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
nope. gonna bump this when he wins the Cy
you dudes are dumb

Your argument sounds like something an old guy would say.

pitcher wins mean NOTHING. The fact that Wainwright leads the majors in wins has everything to do with the offense he gets. He has to pitch well to earn the wins, but run support is what produces wins. Plenty of pitchers could have 10 wins with the Cards run production.

Clayton Kershaw has been more dominant than Wainwright this year. Better era, better whip, better k/9, and opponents are hitting just .197 against Kershaw, .247 against Wainwright.

You keep pointing out how great Wainwright's control has been, but ignore the fact that hes not even in the top 40 for H/9.

Originally posted by Niners99:
you dudes are dumb

pitcher wins mean NOTHING. The fact that Wainwright leads the majors in wins has everything to do with the offense he gets. He has to pitch well to earn the wins, but run support is what produces wins. Plenty of pitchers could have 10 wins with the Cards run production.

Clayton Kershaw has been more dominant than Wainwright this year. Better era, better whip, better k/9, and opponents are hitting just .197 against Kershaw, .247 against Wainwright.

You keep pointing out how great Wainwright's control has been, but ignore the fact that hes not even in the top 40 for H/9.
I'm not arguing how great Kershaw is but a large factor in the number of hits Waino has are due to less than average defense behind him and if you look at his last 5 starts he has been nothing short of spectacular.
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
you dudes are dumb

I'm not arguing how great Kershaw is but a large factor in the number of hits Waino has are due to less than average defense behind him and if you look at his last 5 starts he has been nothing short of spectacular.

Nobody is arguing that he isnt an elite pitcher, hes just not the best pitcher in baseball. There are 12 SP with a better WHIP, 9 pitchers with more K's, and 5 with a better ERA.

The Cards D hasnt been great, but Shelby Miller has a .209 opp avg. with the same D behind him. Both Miller and Lynn have great H/9 actually. The D isnt totally to blame.
Bartolo Colon is the best pitcher in baseball
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Bartolo Colon is the fattest pitcher in baseball

I agree.
I agree.

if he was in the NL he'd put up better #s than Wainwright IMO TBH
Share 49ersWebzone