There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

1. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B
2. Carlos Beltran (S) RF
3. Matt Holliday (R) LF
4. Allen Craig (R) 1B
5. Yadier Molina (R) C
6. Jon Jay (L) CF
7. David Freese (R) 3B
8. Pete Kozma (R) SS
9. Lance Lynn (R) P
Larry..hes getting closer

Chris Carpenter's bullpen session went "fine" on Thursday
#STLCards considering the next step being to allow Chris Carpenter to throw to hitters on Tuesday.
7-0

8th shutout of season (most in MLB)

W


31-16
[ Edited by jrg on May 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Larry..hes getting closer

Chris Carpenter's bullpen session went "fine" on Thursday
#STLCards considering the next step being to allow Chris Carpenter to throw to hitters on Tuesday.

Let's send the man off with 3 WS rings!!!
Gast (2-0) @ Lilly (0-1)

Nationally televised
Add another starter to the injured list. John Gast got hurt yesterday. Looks like we may finally see Michael Wacha

#STLCards recall rookie RHP Michael Blazek from Springfield (AA) & place LHP John Gast on the 15-day disabled list.


[ Edited by jrg on May 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM ]
3 runs on Kershaw already
W 5-3

32-17

ANOTHER series win

[ Edited by jrg on May 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM ]
I-70 series!
W

33-17

Yadi:

2-2 HR, double, 2 walks 4RBI

The guy will win his MVP before he is done...his offense is coming around and his defense, managing of the pitching staff is out of this world



[ Edited by jrg on May 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM ]
If defense was taken into consideration, I agree that Yadi could win, but since batting stats are really the only thing looked at anymore (MVH -Most Valuable Hitter) it's going to be tough.
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
If defense was taken into consideration, I agree that Yadi could win, but since batting stats are really the only thing looked at anymore (MVH -Most Valuable Hitter) it's going to be tough.

Yeah, its pretty unfortunate offensive numbers are all that is looked it. He does SO much more.

Michael Wacha officially called up. Will start at home vs. Kansas City on Thursday

[ Edited by jrg on May 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by jrg:

The guy will win his MVP before he is done...his offense is coming around and his defense, managing of the pitching staff is out of this world.



"LOL, good one!"
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:

[b]The guy will win his MVP before he is done[/b]...his offense is coming around and his defense, managing of the pitching staff is out of this world.



"LOL, good one!"

Larry is probably right though...he won't because all anyone looks at are offensive numbers.

I'm not talking offensive numbers..because I know that is how you'll respond. Your next will be the MVP (which is based around offense...as Larry said) and WS (Molina has 2).. His defense..ability to block the plate...shuts down running games...an extra coach on the roster..his management of the pitching staff. You notice we lost one of the known great pitching coaches Dave Duncan and we haven't missed a beat? Who is still behind the plate? If you don't watch Cardinals games, you truly don't understand how good this guy is.

He is often mentioned as the best catcher in baseball by many people.
[ Edited by jrg on May 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM ]