• jrg
  • Veteran
just....no words...

Oscar Taveras Dies In Car Accident

link
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Unbelievable.

Just a reminder that baseball is just a game. Very sad. He had such a promising future.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Wow jrg

So sad for your organization and the loved one of oscar taveras

Wow
I'm sorry man

RIP
So young, just tragic. Thoughts and prayers for his family.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
cant believe this is real.

one of my favorite prospects to come to the cardinals in so long. own a "tshirt jersey" of his and planned on getting the real jersey before next season

one of my favorite players in the game...just...wow.
Originally posted by jrg:

So young. So sad. Like you said James.. really no words
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Wow RIP Taveras
[ Edited by jimrat on Oct 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM ]

RIP
  • jrg
  • Veteran
USA Today reporting

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/10/26/cardinals-outfielder-oscar-taveras-dies-in-car-accident/17977685/
  • jrg
  • Veteran
St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras and one of the top prospects of the past several seasons died today in an auto accident in his native Dominican Republic, his agent confirmed to reporters there.

Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak expressed his condolences to the family, but said the team was awaiting more details before making a formal announcement.

Brian Mejia, Taveras' agent, told reporters that Taveras and his girlfriend died in the accident. No other details were immediately available.

Taveras, 22, debuted with the Cardinals this season and batted .239 in 80 games, finishing the season as a part-time outfielder.

The Cardinals were planning for him to compete with Randal Grichuk for the starting right field job but wanted him to focus on improving his conditioning during this offseason.

Over the past several years, he had been ranked as the second- and third-best prospect in the minor leagues by Baseball American, mlb.com and Baseball Prospectus. He was a .320 hitter over six minor league seasons, including .386 as a teenager in the Class A Midwest League in 2011
God bless his family. I'm just praying he was saved and is in heaven getting a chance to play ball all day. This is absolutely heart wrenching to hear. He was only 3 years older than me and this just shows that life can change in a second. Absolutely awful to hear and I can't imagine how his family feels right now. RIP Taveras you were gone far too soon but now you get a chance to live for eternity and that's all you can ask for in the end. God bless
  • jrg
  • Veteran
RIP to Oscar's girlfriend as well

Share 49ersWebzone