Not a member? Register Now!

2014 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I'm over it dudes. Just disappointed.

On to the Royals. I know for a fact they have an awesome fan base.

Theyre actually a bunch of bored Chiefs fans. lol

Ever been to a Royals game?

Probably 30+ times. I lived there for 6 years.

Awesome stadium. May not have the same attendance, but they're as passionate as Cubs fans.

The Royals were always second fiddle in KC. Its such a hardcore football town. The entire region lived and died with the Chiefs every Sunday. I remember you could tell if the Chiefs won or lost on Monday mornings, just based on everyones mood.

That passion translated a little to the Royals, but it really was Chiefs fans in offseason mode. Royals tickets were like $5 and the stands were always half empty. It was more of a summer evening activity.

When Jason Whitlock started at The Star, he tried writing about the Royals, but was very critical. He said "I stopped covering the Royals, because people got upset when I criticized them. The team is thought of like a special needs child. You cant say anything bad about them or people say "hey, come on now. Leave them alone!"

But yeah, its a nice stadium. I went to a Royals/Cards game in which KC won 17-13, and saw Mark McGwire hit a HR.
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 2, 2014 at 9:24 PM ]
damn, taveras dropped down to 7th in the lineup

damn, taveras dropped down to 7th in the lineup

Lefty going. Only reason.

And its on national TV too.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

don't care about that. just embarrassing at how bad they are right now.

if wainwright is getting rocked and molina isn't hitting, you know something is up

NOTHING is working right now
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

don't care about that. just embarrassing at how bad they are right now.

if wainwright is getting rocked and molina isn't hitting, you know something is up

NOTHING is working right now
They must have ran out of steroids and the new shipment hasnt come in
why you lose to KC?
Originally posted by SoCold:
why you lose to KC?

cards are turrible right now

just turrible
wooooooooooo! scored a run!

So.... is Shelby Miller not who you thought?

Basically non presence in the post season and now all this year. What's up with that? You had huge hopes
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

Basically non presence in the post season and now all this year. What's up with that? You had huge hopes

just growing pains man. i still have very high hopes for him. he wasn't in the playoffs last year due to how he pitched down the stretch last season (high IP count)

this year he started out well, but is struggling again now. his fastball has velocity, but is just flat. doesn't matter how hard you throw, if its flat a MLB hitter will eventually catch up to it. haven't looked, but i wouldn't be surprised if he lead the MLB in HRs given up.

still has tons of upside. he is only 23. not everyone can bust onto the scene and dominate like wacha has.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

just growing pains man. i still have very high hopes for him. he wasn't in the playoffs last year due to how he pitched down the stretch last season (high IP count)

this year he started out well, but is struggling again now. his fastball has velocity, but is just flat. doesn't matter how hard you throw, if its flat a MLB hitter will eventually catch up to it. haven't looked, but i wouldn't be surprised if he lead the MLB in HRs given up.

still has tons of upside. he is only 23. not everyone can bust onto the scene and dominate like wacha has.

he has been great today tho

complete game shutout in TOR
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM ]