LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Update: Maryland to join Big 10, sources say Rutgers could also move to Big 10

• Jcool
  • Veteran
The new $50 million exit fee for an ACC member to leave the league may not stand in the way of conference realignment after all.

Late Friday night, Pennsylvania radio host Jerry Fisher tweeted that sources told Phil Grosz, the Penn State editor for Rivals.com, that Maryland is set to join the Big Ten in 2014 with an announcement coming next week. Jeff Ermann of Inside Maryland Sports then indicated in a post that the rumors are "more than just rumors."

With Pittsburgh and Syracuse set to join the ACC next year and realignment having seemingly taken a back seat with the ACC at 14 members, certainly these rumors seemed to come out of nowhere.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Maryland-to-Big-Ten-is-pretty-serious.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 19, 2012 at 8:56 AM ]
I'm assuming this is just for football!!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde

Sources: Maryland, Rutgers in discussion with Big Ten about joining league. Story posting in minutes on Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--maryland--rutgers-in-serious-talks-about-move-to-big-ten.html
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM ]
Terps derps
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell

Big Ten Prospects: For the last 3 months, Maryland ranked 42nd in licensing royalties among CLC schools. Rutgers ranked 58th.
meh.

I cannot name one good football player that came from Maryland....
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Nov 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell

From speaking to a couple insiders today, the Big Ten expansion talks are far along. This is hardly preliminary.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
meh.

Really??? uhh VD!
meh.

Vernon Davis.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Really??? uhh VD!

lol. i was kidding. Notice the "...."

lol. i was kidding. Notice the "...."

I did, but as you can see I didn't catch the sarcasm lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde

Maryland press conference announced for 3 ET. Teleconference with Big Ten honchos to follow at 4 ET.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

RT @McMurphyESPN: Rutgers will announce move to Big Ten on Tuesday, sources told @ESPN
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
GoldandBlack.com ‏@GoldandBlackcom

Per reports, #B1G newcomers Maryland and Rutgers will join #Purdue in Leaders Division. Illinois will move to Legends.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight

We estimate that Maryland will have the smallest football fan base in the Big 10. Good academics, at least.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/
Share 49ersWebzone