There are 199 users in the forums

Who's gonna be the new LA Lakers full-time head coach?

Who's gonna be the new LA Lakers full-time head coach?

Originally posted by lazy:
Kobe

lazy sighting!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by lazy:
Kobe

lazy sighting!

Don't believe the Lakers need to fork over 14 million to find a suitable coach. They need to find someone who can get along with Kobe, meaning they run plays through Kobe 90 per cent of the time. They can win with Kobe and the others without having a Zen Master directing traffic.
Once they start winning again, the others will fall in step and everything will be peaches.
With the Dr. putting his foot down and canning Brown. Too much at stake here, over $100 million in payroll plus over $30 mill in Luxury Tax coming, and with Dwight possibly leaving if the Lakers don't win the Ship. All point to Phil coming in and righting the ship to contend for the Ship IMO.

Now if this was a rebuilding mode, then i dont mind bringing in Pringles or Shaw for long term experimenting.

This is not a year to F**k around IMO and the whole Fanbase seems to agree.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Don't believe the Lakers need to fork over 14 million to find a suitable coach. They need to find someone who can get along with Kobe, meaning they run plays through Kobe 90 per cent of the time. They can win with Kobe and the others without having a Zen Master directing traffic.
Once they start winning again, the others will fall in step and everything will be peaches.

But that's what they thought when they brought in Potato. Look how that turned out.
[ Edited by Bleed49ers4Life on Nov 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Mark Jackson fa sho
Was just told the deal will be done with Phil either today, or tomorrow at the latest.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Was just told the deal will be done with Phil either today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Kneel before ZEN!!!

f**k.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

f**k.

LOL No surprise. Phil only takes a job if his team is loaded with talent. I knew as soon as I heard about Brown being fired that Jackson was coming back.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

f**k.

LOL No surprise. Phil only takes a job if his team is loaded with talent. I knew as soon as I heard about Brown being fired that Jackson was coming back.

You're not mad, are you? lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

f**k.

You're not mad, are you? lol

Nah. Not mad. I just think Jackson should have taken one job in his life that didnt have a team of Hall of Famers. I would have liked to see what he could do with a team that didnt have Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Just once. Great coach but he has always had the best players.
Nah. Not mad. I just think Jackson should have taken one job in his life that didnt have a team of Hall of Famers. I would have liked to see what he could do with a team that didnt have Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Just once. Great coach but he has always had the best players.

To be fair, when he took the Laker job the last time he had Kobe and an awful supporting cast. But you still make a fair point.

That said...being able to get massive egos to work together is a skill that not everyone possesses, and he's the best at it in the world of basketball.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

Hearing the Lakers had a 90-minute interview with Gene Hackman that went "great."
Share 49ersWebzone