LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Does this bother you about the NBA?

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by TX9R:
So you only watch yuor favorite teams? I'll watch any NFL game that's on.

In the NBA i do unless the Heat, Thunder, Spurs are playing. I'm not going to sit and watch a game between Charlotte and Milwaukee

That's the point. Because those teams have low payroll and can't win. Thus the league is unfair or stacked toward certain teams.

In the NBA i do unless the Heat, Thunder, Spurs are playing. I'm not going to sit and watch a game between Charlotte and Milwaukee

Totally agree with this, especially in the regular season. It even appears to the visible eye that the level of play dramatically drops off when watching the bottom 2/3 of the league.

There's also a HUGE problem with teams that are stuck in limbo and must eventually pay their mediocre talent big money to keep them or let them walk and be forced to pay another mediocre talent just to bring him to that team.

At least the real crappy teams have some hope during draft time. The NBA middle class is usually stuck for a long time and it looks like they are just going through the motions when watching them.

I have tremendously decreased the time I spend watching NBA games in the past 2-5 years. It's just not very fun to watch anymore. How the games are refed I think also plays a heavy role in my viewpoint. It's just too inconsistent, for or against my team.
NBA regular season games seem pointless half the time. The good teams never lose at home, and teams clearly take nights off when theyre tired. Its predictable, and no individual win ever feels like a big deal. For some reason the regular season just feels like preseason until the final couple weeks of seed positioning.

Another way the NBA has changed in the last 15 years, is teams are always losing by HUGE margins. Maybe im just remembering wrong, but losing by 15-20 pts used to be a total slaughter, and people took notice. It was embarassing. Now its like thats the norm. Alot more of bad teams losing by 30+ too, which is weird. Is the talent just spread too thin now?
Originally posted by Niners99:
NBA regular season games seem pointless half the time. The good teams never lose at home, and teams clearly take nights off when theyre tired. Its predictable, and no individual win ever feels like a big deal. For some reason the regular season just feels like preseason until the final couple weeks of seed positioning.

Another way the NBA has changed in the last 15 years, is teams are always losing by HUGE margins. Maybe im just remembering wrong, but losing by 15-20 pts used to be a total slaughter, and people took notice. It was embarassing. Now its like thats the norm. Alot more of bad teams losing by 30+ too, which is weird. Is the talent just spread too thin now?

It's stacked on big market and glamour market teams that have the money and / or appealing destinations.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

That's the point. Because those teams have low payroll and can't win. Thus the league is unfair or stacked toward certain teams.

I seriously doubt that you'd watch a Chiefs v Jaguars game. Maybe if you bet on it, or if you have fantasy players. But strictly speaking, Charlotte and Milwaukee is equivalent to Jags Chiefs. Can you honestly tell me you would sit down and watch that?

I don't really think you can compare. The problem with the NBA is the reg season is too long. You don't need 82 games. People always ask me if I'm a bigger Laker or Niner fan, and I always say if Lakers and Niners are in the playoffs I root for both with the same passion...But Monday when we play the Bears will I care as much as Friday when Lakers play the Suns? No because each game matters more.

NFL has a huge advantage due to fantasy football. A lot of people who didn't watch a single game 5-10 years ago watch every game or redzone channel every Sunday because of it.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Nov 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

so youre telling me you will sit and watch a chiefs vs bills game ?
Share 49ersWebzone