There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

San Antonio Spurs 2012/2013 season thread.

Stephen Jackson got fined for threatening Serge Ibaka. ("Somebody tell serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That's a promise. He doin 2 much.")

His response to the fine? To tweet pictures of his cars and say he has no worries. So trill.

Abaka aint bout dis life, lol.
[ Edited by ItouchMyself on Dec 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM ]
I love this damn team but I don't know how we can compete come playoff time against these young cats in this league for 7 games.
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
Stephen Jackson got fined for threatening Serge Ibaka. ("Somebody tell serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That's a promise. He doin 2 much.")

His response to the fine? To tweet pictures of his cars and say he has no worries. So trill.

Abaka aint bout dis life, lol.



Quote:
Stephen Jackson, who says he "definitely enjoyed" punching a fan back in the Malice at the Palace, delivered the best Twitter insult in the history of Twitter insults to Serge Ibaka a few days ago.

Somebody tel serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That's a promise. He doin 2 much

The tweet was sent in defense of former teammate and partner-in-fighting-fans Metta World Peace, who combined with Ibaka for a double-tech on Friday. Jackson deleted his barb, which is a pity, because it's pretty much perfect.

1. He badly misspelled Serge Ibaka's name, which shows that he doesn't respect Ibaka and thinks that Ibaka looks like a guy who might be named Serg.

2. He mangled the syntax of the sentence. By separating the imperative "Somebody tel serg Abaka" from the message "He aint bout dis life," Jackson demonstrates that, as a dude, he's too busy being about dis life to properly construct his insults.

3. He actually says that Serge Ibaka "aint bout dis life" when, in fact, Serge Ibaka is very much about dis life.

4. The sentence "Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth" is the weirdest way I've ever heard someone threaten to punch another person in the face.

5. "He doin 2 much." Too much of what? Because Jackson deleted the tweet, we'll never know.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ktlincoln/steven-jackson-fined-for-saying-serge-ibaka-aint
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I love this damn team but I don't know how we can compete come playoff time against these young cats in this league for 7 games.

Man, I'm just not getting into it this year. Probably because of the NFL but the Spurs are not scaring anyone for the playoffs. Meh, come playoff time, I will be cheering them on as usual and hoping for Timmy's 5th.
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
Stephen Jackson got fined for threatening Serge Ibaka. ("Somebody tell serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That's a promise. He doin 2 much.")

His response to the fine? To tweet pictures of his cars and say he has no worries. So trill.

Abaka aint bout dis life, lol.



<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div>Stephen Jackson, who says he "definitely enjoyed" punching a fan back in the Malice at the Palace, delivered the best Twitter insult in the history of Twitter insults to Serge Ibaka a few days ago.

Somebody tel serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That's a promise. He doin 2 much

The tweet was sent in defense of former teammate and partner-in-fighting-fans Metta World Peace, who combined with Ibaka for a double-tech on Friday. Jackson deleted his barb, which is a pity, because it's pretty much perfect.

1. He badly misspelled Serge Ibaka's name, which shows that he doesn't respect Ibaka and thinks that Ibaka looks like a guy who might be named Serg.

2. He mangled the syntax of the sentence. By separating the imperative "Somebody tel serg Abaka" from the message "He aint bout dis life," Jackson demonstrates that, as a dude, he's too busy being about dis life to properly construct his insults.

3. He actually says that Serge Ibaka "aint bout dis life" when, in fact, Serge Ibaka is very much about dis life.

4. The sentence "Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth" is the weirdest way I've ever heard someone threaten to punch another person in the face.

5. "He doin 2 much." Too much of what? Because Jackson deleted the tweet, we'll never know.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ktlincoln/steven-jackson-fined-for-saying-serge-ibaka-aint
This is what sucks about being a Spurs fan these days. They dominate in the regular season but just are not built for the playoffs. Pop is great until a team has 7 games to play vs him and make all the adjustments. He'll, sometimes just picking up the intensity because it is the playoffs alone can beat the Spurs as most teams don't play with the same focus and intensity in regular season as the Spurs do.
We don't have that superstar that can carry us in when we go into slumps during games.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This is what sucks about being a Spurs fan these days. They dominate in the regular season but just are not built for the playoffs. Pop is great until a team has 7 games to play vs him and make all the adjustments. He'll, sometimes just picking up the intensity because it is the playoffs alone can beat the Spurs as most teams don't play with the same focus and intensity in regular season as the Spurs do.
We don't have that superstar that can carry us in when we go into slumps during games.

Spurs are scary deep, though. Witness last night's blowout win in Chicago and the near-victory over the Heat in Miami.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by Joecool:
This is what sucks about being a Spurs fan these days. They dominate in the regular season but just are not built for the playoffs. Pop is great until a team has 7 games to play vs him and make all the adjustments. He'll, sometimes just picking up the intensity because it is the playoffs alone can beat the Spurs as most teams don't play with the same focus and intensity in regular season as the Spurs do.
We don't have that superstar that can carry us in when we go into slumps during games.

Spurs are scary deep, though. Witness last night's blowout win in Chicago and the near-victory over the Heat in Miami.
They will fold in the playoffs like they always do

MIAMI HEAT 4 LIFE
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by Joecool:
This is what sucks about being a Spurs fan these days. They dominate in the regular season but just are not built for the playoffs. Pop is great until a team has 7 games to play vs him and make all the adjustments. He'll, sometimes just picking up the intensity because it is the playoffs alone can beat the Spurs as most teams don't play with the same focus and intensity in regular season as the Spurs do.
We don't have that superstar that can carry us in when we go into slumps during games.

Spurs are scary deep, though. Witness last night's blowout win in Chicago and the near-victory over the Heat in Miami.

Yeah but depth doesn't means as much in the playoffs unless a team heavily relies on a 6th man of the year type of player. We need a player who can carry the load of we go cold or the three isn't dropping. Parker is good but he can get cold very quickly also.
Leonard's dunk in last night's game was impressive. Didn't think he would be able to throw it down from taking off from that far away.


#t=22s
[ Edited by Joecool on Mar 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM ]
Leonard may just be the perfect replacement for Manu but way better defense. This kid has developed very well.
RUBIO'D

Got nothin on Manu. Rubio is like a little bat:


[ Edited by Joecool on Mar 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM ]
50 wins. Again. Ho hum.
Originally posted by dobophile:
50 wins. Again. Ho hum.

Respect. Honestly, I think Tony being out for a bit may help Leonard find out what he can really do. Leonard is going to be a good one.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home