LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs 2012/2013 season thread.

Love the Bill Simmon's stories: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9362631/tim-duncan-part-1
GO SPURS GO!
Duncan sounds as if he will be finishing his contract. Hope he works out harder. If so, he is still the best PF in the league. Leonard takes over the offense next year with TP and Tim as compliments. Spurs get younger and Manu works out like Tim to redeem himself but he is strictly a fourth option. We need help at C or the 2.

LA, chime in here.
I still think Parker is the main guy next year, but Leonard showed in the finals he has the potential to be a star (minus the missed FT in game 6). Green disappeared in the final 2 games, which is disheartening. Still proud of our Spurs.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Jun 21, 2013 at 5:25 AM ]
Really disappointed, but the emergence of Kawhi is great. Hoping we go after Elton Brand in the offseason.
Duncans missed layup and tip really changed the game and he knew it. It could of been tied and been a different outcome. I can live with Duncan's miss over anyone else. Look forward to next season.
Man, now looking back at Game 6, what a lost opportunity to have 5 rings. Both of my teams 49ers and Spurs lose in the championship.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, now looking back at Game 6, what a lost opportunity to have 5 rings. Both of my teams 49ers and Spurs lose in the championship.

First thing I told my wife who is a diehard Spurs fan. Just as the 49ers, Spurs lost in finals the first time in existence. But Spurs are far from finished. They haven't won less than 50 games per season since Duncan arrived, no need for things to change now. What an organization and only blind casual fans can't acknowledge this

[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM ]

Why is it so difficult to post multiple images in one post?
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM ]
Maybe?
This finals really cemented Duncan as one of the best players ever in my mind... the dude may have missed that last shot, but at 37, he's still the best big guy and his inside game is the best since Hakeem / Kareem...

Definitely top 10 all time...

Jordan
Magic
Russell
James
Kobe
Duncan
Kareem
Shaq
Bird
Wilt
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jun 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This finals really cemented Duncan as one of the best players ever in my mind... the dude may have missed that last shot, but at 37, he's still the best big guy and his inside game is the best since Hakeem / Kareem...

Definitely top 10 all time...

Jordan
Magic
Russell
James
Kobe
Duncan
Kareem
Shaq
Bird
Wilt

Read my mind. He proved that he is still the best big in the league, if not one of.
Looks like we are preparing to defend Durant in the future. I like this pick.

Name: Livio Jean-Charles

Pick: No. 28 overall, First Round

Position: Power Forward

Analysis: As they always seem to do, the Spurs have found a very interesting prospect here in the late first round. Hailing from France, Jean-Charles is physically impressive and could be a great role player some time down the road.

For now, though, Jean-Charles doesn't seem ready for the NBA, and it's unlikely that we'll see him in a Spurs uniform for a few years. Still, the physical tools should give fans reason to be excited, as he has a 7'3" wingspan and a lot of athleticism.

At the 2013 Nike Hoop Summit, Jean-Charles was particularly impressive, showing signs of what he could eventually be when he makes it to the NBA. He had 27 points and 13 rebounds against the USA Junior National Select Team, making a name for himself amongst scouts in the process.

It's hard to tell whether Jean-Charles will be a power forward or a small forward at this level, but either way he figures to be an effective defender. The success of this pick will depend a lot on how his body fills out over the next few years, and if he'll be able to refine his game if he remains abroad.

Grade: B+
Share 49ersWebzone