LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 196 users in the forums

Oakland A's Off season thread

I think This could be a steal of a trade if Lowrie stays healthy.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I think This could be a steal of a trade if Lowrie stays healthy.

I agree, but that's a big if.

Like I said, the more I think about it the more I like the trade.
Not sure if you read my last post but him giving us insurance especially at SS and 2B one big reason why I liked it.

Another reason is that Carter is nothing more than a power hitting DH. He struggled a lot to hit for contact, struck out a bunch (although most power hitters do), and most importantly the guy can't field for crap. His glove is terrible and is a liability at 1B.

I actually like this trade. Hopefully Lowrie stays healthy.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
I like the trade. I think that we gave CC more than enough time to establish himself. There just aren't enough ABs around for him this season. Especially when you consider that we have 4 starting-caliber Outfielders that will likely be rotating "days off" at DH.

Plus, we need to see if Hiro can really provide some consistency vs Major League pitching.

Agreed.

Originally posted by captveg:
Sucks to give up Carter (Trogdor!!!!!!!!!!), but I'd like to see what Moss can do against lefties.

Me too
he was 17 for 58 which is pretty good, but that's a very small sample size.
Hey, I hear that the A's will be renting part of the tarp to the Raiders next year. Are they going to paint it black?
God I am ready for baseball!
Guys help me out. I'm all the way in Chicago so I can't run out to a store but I'm looking for a replica A's gold jersey. Does anyone know where they have em in stock online? I checked all the main ones and no luck
Guys help me out. I'm all the way in Chicago so I can't run out to a store but I'm looking for a replica A's gold jersey. Does anyone know where they have em in stock online? I checked all the main ones and no luck

You're right, all the major websites are sold out.
Only one I found was the player ones on Amazon.
Here's a Cespy one

I found this website
http://www.onthefield.com/products/Athletics-Gold-Alternate-Replica-Jersey-Adult-79.95.html?gclid=CJf29ZeqtrUCFeeDQgodPBYAgA

Not sure if it's legit or not though.

If we ever decide to actually keep one of our starts, I'll buy their jersey. But until then I'll just wait till we do
I was considering buying one of these too though, love the gold jerseys
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Feb 14, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

You're right, all the major websites are sold out.
Only one I found was the player ones on Amazon.
Here's a Cespy one

I found this website
http://www.onthefield.com/products/Athletics-Gold-Alternate-Replica-Jersey-Adult-79.95.html?gclid=CJf29ZeqtrUCFeeDQgodPBYAgA

Not sure if it's legit or not though.

If we ever decide to actually keep one of our starts, I'll buy their jersey. But until then I'll just wait till we do
I was considering buying one of these too though, love the gold jerseys

Yeah I want a blank one for obvious reasons lol. I am kicking myself for not buying one last year when they were available. I'm hoping more will be available closer to the regular season.
Bump baseball is coming!
Bump baseball is coming!

Hiro got his first base hit of the spring yesterday.

Addison Russell and Michael Choice continue to impress. They'll both tear up Midland (AA) if sent there, but it's likely that they will both be in Sacramento this season. Choice could become a late call-up, if he stays healthy. But Russell is batting .600 so far this spring.

AJ Griffin was sharp in his two innings yesterday. Strailly gets the ball today.

Addison Russell and Michael Choice continue to impress. They'll both tear up Midland (AA) if sent there, but it's likely that they will both be in Sacramento this season. Choice could become a late call-up, if he stays healthy. But Russell is batting .600 so far this spring.

AJ Griffin was sharp in his two innings yesterday. Strailly gets the ball today.

Gonna be so awesome to watch Addison in a couple years

Youngest dude at any spring training camp (19).

hopefully the next Troy Tulowitzki

hopefully the next Troy Tulowitzki

One can only hope!
Share 49ersWebzone