LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Oakland A's Off season thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by captveg:
Don't forget the Astros! With them in the division I can see the Angels, A's and Rangers all pushing 100 wins.

What? Lol

He's probably right lol

Are the Astros really in the division I don't get it
The Oakland A's acquired infielder Jed Lowrie and right-handed pitcher Fernando Rodriguez from the Houston Astros for first baseman Chris Carter, right-handed pitcher Brad Peacock and minor league catcher Max Stassi.

Not sure how I feel about this trade

Im gonna miss Chris Carter.. I really liked him

Me too I've liked Chris Carter ever since we traded for him..plus last year he really improved his plate discipline and started displaying his power..oh well

Ya dude they're in the AL West starting this season

Ya dude they're in the AL West starting this season

Damn now I remember reading that...that's cray hahaha

Another team for both of us to beat up on I guess

Another team in the AL West to beat up on the Angels

Fixed IMO TBH FWIW

Another team in the AL West to beat up on the Angels

Fixed IMO TBH FWIW

Wow A-hole I was giving you guys props for being good and you do me dirty like that?

Nah playa I'm coo
Wow A-hole I was giving you guys props for being good and you do me dirty like that?

Nah playa I'm coo

you're my doot but f**k the angels

Nah playa I'm coo

you're my doot but f**k the angels

Did we just become unbestfriends

You brought this demon upon yourself child

You guys are going to like Jed Lowrie. BTW, don't you guys have two first basemen?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
You guys are going to like Jed Lowrie. BTW, don't you guys have two first basemen?

Well we did
We used a Brandon Moss/Chris Carter platoon and it worked beautifully last year. They combined for 37 homers and a .350 OBP.
I guess they really believe in Moss right now.
but I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Carter hits 35+ homers next year especially when a pop fly to left is a home run in the Astros stadium Dude has some real power.

Honestly, I lost hope for Peacock, dude just sucked last year and he's already 25 years old, he wouldn't even have had an opportunity on our team anyways.
I don't know much about Stassi though who we also gave.

Right now it's basically a Chris Carter for Jed Lowrie switch. Jed Lowrie gives us a lot of insurance in the infield.
-Were starting Donaldson at 3B, last season was his first year starting and he sucked in the first hald but was great in the second half.
-2B is a huge question mark. Weeks sucked last year, Sizemore hasn't played in a year, Grant Green hasn't played a game in the MLB yet : and them 3 are all competing for that spot.
-At SS no one knows how Nakajima will play there in the big leagues.
And Rosales who was our utility man last year honestly is a scrub lol.

The more I think about it the more I like the trade. It's not about what his batting average or how many homeruns he hit last year, it's about how he fits the team. And he can potentially provide a lot.

Sorry about the essay
I like the trade. I think that we gave CC more than enough time to establish himself. There just aren't enough ABs around for him this season. Especially when you consider that we have 4 starting-caliber Outfielders that will likely be rotating "days off" at DH.

Plus, we need to see if Hiro can really provide some consistency vs Major League pitching.
Can we(giants) have some of your players? I'll take Moss and #52 plz.
Sucks to give up Carter (Trogdor!!!!!!!!!!), but I'd like to see what Moss can do against lefties.
Share 49ersWebzone