There are 183 users in the forums

Oakland A's Off season thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
5 more years

Just terrible that the A's ownership has no investment in the fans. That being said, I like the current A's roster a lot. I doubt it will be together for very long, and that's a shame.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
5 more years

Just terrible that the A's ownership has no investment in the fans. That being said, I like the current A's roster a lot. I doubt it will be together for very long, and that's a shame.

Agreed

Have a bunch of young talent, pitching and hitting.
Any othr organization would build a team around Cespedes, Anderson, Parker, Reddick, etc for the next 8 years.

they probably won't be on our team after 3 years
A's fans should just buy a jersey with the number 25 that says "Prospects" as the last name. That way itll never be outdated.
Melvin got a contract extension

Here's what Beane said

This was probably the simplest negotiation I've ever had in my career here. That's a reflection of the relationship that Bob has with the organization. We're happy to give him this well-deserved extension. It didn't take very long. The actual writing it up took longer than the actual negotiations.

Makes me love BoMel even more
We got John Jaso!

He had a pet baby hedge hog, I like him already

[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jan 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM ]
They just re-signed Brandon Moss and J Blevins to one-year deals today as well. We basically got everyone we wanted back with the exception of McCarthy and Gomes.
Lineup vs. RHP

CF Coco Crisp
C John Jaso (high OBP, great contact hitter)
LF Yoenis Cespedes
1B Brandon Moss
RF Josh Reddick
3B Josh Donaldson
DH Seth Smith
2B Scott Sizemore
SS Hiroyuki Nakajima

Lineup vs. LHP

DH Coco Crisp
CF Chris Young
LF Yoenis Cespedes
1B Chris Carter
RF Josh Reddick
2B Scott Sizemore
3B Josh Donaldson
SS Hiroyuki Nakajima
C Derek Norris

But what is really cool is how most of our players can play multiple positions allowing us to mix and match to get the best guys into the lineup on any given day.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Lineup vs. RHP

CF Coco Crisp
C John Jaso (high OBP, great contact hitter)
LF Yoenis Cespedes
1B Brandon Moss
RF Josh Reddick
3B Josh Donaldson
DH Seth Smith
2B Scott Sizemore
SS Hiroyuki Nakajima

Lineup vs. LHP

DH Coco Crisp
CF Chris Young
LF Yoenis Cespedes
1B Chris Carter
RF Josh Reddick
2B Scott Sizemore
3B Josh Donaldson
SS Hiroyuki Nakajima
C Derek Norris

But what is really cool is how most of our players can play multiple positions allowing us to mix and match to get the best guys into the lineup on any given day.

I'm digging it.
How are we stacking up against the Halos and Rangers this season?

The M's did add Mike Morse and Kendrys so the middle of their lineup will be better. But their pitching...?

I think that the Rangers drop back a little bit as they've lost three key players in their lineup (Hamilton, Young, Napoli). Added AJ Douchebag Pierzynski and Lance Berkman. They're gonna give a couple of youngsters a shot. Still, their pitching staff leaves a lot to be desired.

The Angels look Strong. Trout is as advertised. That middle of the order (when healthy) is WHOA! Pujols-Hamilton-Trumbo. Starting rotation isn't all that bad either. Especially if Tommy Hanson can regain his 2011 form.
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Jan 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM ]
I ain't even scurred of the Angels
Can't wait for opening day! Planning on going to the home opener

Originally posted by DaDDieO:

The M's did add Mike Morse and Kendrys so the middle of their lineup will be better. But their pitching...?

I think that the Rangers drop back a little bit as they've lost three key players in their lineup (Hamilton, Young, Napoli). Added AJ Douchebag Pierzynski and Lance Berkman. They're gonna give a couple of youngsters a shot. Still, their pitching staff leaves a lot to be desired.

The Angels look Strong. Trout is as advertised. That middle of the order (when healthy) is WHOA! Pujols-Hamilton-Trumbo. Starting rotation isn't all that bad either. Especially if Tommy Hanson can regain his 2011 form.

Don't forget the Astros! With them in the division I can see the Angels, A's and Rangers all pushing 100 wins.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

Don't forget the Astros! With them in the division I can see the Angels, A's and Rangers all pushing 100 wins.

Good point LOL I'm gonna plan a trip to Houston for the A's v Astros series in May.
The Oakland A's acquired infielder Jed Lowrie and right-handed pitcher Fernando Rodriguez from the Houston Astros for first baseman Chris Carter, right-handed pitcher Brad Peacock and minor league catcher Max Stassi.

Not sure how I feel about this trade

Im gonna miss Chris Carter.. I really liked him
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Feb 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM ]

What? Lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:

What? Lol

He's probably right lol
Share 49ersWebzone