There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Truth Hurts (Los Angeles Dodgers Article)

The Giants leave the Dodgers in their wake
(From the Los Angeles Times, no less)

Quote:
The Giants have now appeared in 19 World Series, one more than the Dodgers. If the Giants defeat the Tigers, they will have won seven world championships, one more than the Dodgers.

The Giants have appeared in four World Series - four - since the Dodgers' last Fall Classic appearance in 1988. If the Giants beat the Tigers, they will have won as many world championships in three years - two - as the Dodgers have won in the last 31 years.

You want numbers? In their 2,373 meetings, the most between any two franchises, the Giants have won 24 more games.

You want stars? There are 66 players with Giants affiliations in baseball's Hall of Fame, a dozen more than those with Dodgers ties. The Giants players have won the most-valuable-player award 13 times and the Dodgers have won 11, but since 1989, the Giants have had seven MVPs and the Dodgers have had zero. The Dodgers can claim their traditional pitching superiority by winning the Cy Young Award battle, 10-3, but since 1989, both teams have won two.

And, oh, if you're going to challenge those numbers because of Barry Bonds' alleged steroid use, don't forget that Eric Gagne did a banned substance too.

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
I could think of another thread this could have went in to
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

yeah? well, no one goes to Giants365.com. so here we are.
The comments by Dodger fans are funny.
I had a feeling Romo had a thing for the Dodgers doe

Even gayer that he blew 2 saves @ the Dodgers.

Nonetheless it's all gravy.
Bahahahahahaha....

Dodgers will suck now and forever...I hate them with a passion unknown for any other team. Even the Cowboys don't come close.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

The Braves lost again thread?

I WOULDN'T PISS ON IT TO PUT IT OUT.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

TOP 10 POST OF 2012 NOMINEE
I hate the Dodgers more than any other franchise in all sports, professional or otherwise.

That article makes me lmao, and just like their kindergarten attempt to compete in 2012.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I wouldn't be surprised if a die hard Dodgers fan lit that on fire. That hat is butt ugly
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I hate the Dodgers more than any other franchise in all sports, professional or otherwise.

That article makes me lmao, and just like their kindergarten attempt to compete in 2012.

No kidding they were going blow 250 M regardless, I couldn't have been more pleased with the way the Dodgers blew it. I know their ownership keeps saying their are no payroll limits but even the New York Yankees have their limits.

Bottom line is they took on a toxic contract in Carl Crawford and I don't think Adrian Gonzalez is going be looking to good either once he gets into the last two-three years of that contract as well.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Oct 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM ]
Get the Latest News at DailyDodgers.com