LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

2012 WORLD SERIES - Detroit Tigers vs San Francisco Giants (SF SWEEPS DETROIT!)

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Well played Giants, well played

Exciting game to watch. Would have been cool to see at least one more in the hurricane.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Exciting game to watch. Would have been cool to see at least one more in the hurricane.

Yeah, conspiracy theorists think the giants ended the series in 4 games because of hurricane sandy.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Yeah, conspiracy theorists think the giants ended the series in 4 games because of hurricane sandy.

yeah pretty sure Miggy let that last pitch go right down the middle so they could get out of the cold.
Read an article that talked about Bochy now being a serious candidate for HOF as a manager...well deserved, IMHO. He's captain of the Giants' ship, but doesn't oversteer, just stays the course. What a championship! What a team! Bochy should be MLB Manager of the Year and Brian Sabean the MLB Executive of the year. Many of the Niners are big Giants fans...so use their championship as motivation to get your own...
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Read an article that talked about Bochy now being a serious candidate for HOF as a manager...well deserved, IMHO. He's captain of the Giants' ship, but doesn't oversteer, just stays the course. What a championship! What a team! Bochy should be MLB Manager of the Year and Brian Sabean the MLB Executive of the year. Many of the Niners are big Giants fans...so use their championship as motivation to get your own...

Bochy will probably manage 5-10 more years and by the time it's said and done he will be a HOF'er.

I love this team. IMO, they are a lot better all around than the 2010 team. With the exception of power, they excel in all other areas.
Boooo, my Tigers lost.

Good thing I hate watching baseball and didn't watch a single game. I'm only a Tigers fan by default, living in Michigan.

Congratulations to San Francisco and the Giants baseball team. 4-0 in the World Series. Hell of a run after the Tigers went 4-0 against the Yanks.

That being said, let's go Niners!
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Boooo, my Tigers lost.

Good thing I hate watching baseball and didn't watch a single game. I'm only a Tigers fan by default, living in Michigan.

Congratulations to San Francisco and the Giants baseball team. 4-0 in the World Series. Hell of a run after the Tigers went 4-0 against the Yanks.

That being said, let's go Niners!

I think it's time you just become a Giants fan too..I mean you're already a Niners fan and you don't care much for baseball..so why not?
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Bochy will probably manage 5-10 more years and by the time it's said and done he will be a HOF'er.

I love this team. IMO, they are a lot better all around than the 2010 team. With the exception of power, they excel in all other areas.

Hes only 57, and hes a baseball lifer. Meaning, i see him managing until his health doesnt allow it. I think he manages into his 70's. Not sure if hes still a Giant that far down the road, but hes on a good pace for HOF consideration.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Hes only 57, and hes a baseball lifer. Meaning, i see him managing until his health doesnt allow it. I think he manages into his 70's. Not sure if hes still a Giant that far down the road, but hes on a good pace for HOF consideration.

I could certainly see Bochy managing the Giants for the rest of this decade if he wants to. With 2 World Series Titles in the last 3 years, he has a very long leach to work with here in terms of job security.
GGGiants

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Oct 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM ]

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
GGGiants

So true
Well done to the Giants it was great watching the series. Not really a baseball fan but when you start hearing about the SF Giants among the 9ers media coverage you cant help but take a look and see what all the fuss is about. That fielding is well oiled and the pitching showed up a more powerful Tigers pen going by the commentary. the more nimble Giants basemen were telling against the Tigers heavy hitters who seem out of sorts in fielding.

By game 4 and that last pitch even I was fist bumping and jumping off the couch, winning is infectious and I hope it rubs off with the 9ers and these Giants know how to celebrate.

SF now a baseball town?
[ Edited by ace49ers on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:37 AM ]
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Well done to the Giants it was great watching the series. Not really a baseball fan but when you start hearing about the SF Giants among the 9ers media coverage you cant help but take a look and see what all the fuss is about. That fielding is well oiled and the pitching showed up a more powerful Tigers pen going by the commentary. the more nimble Giants basemen were telling against the Tigers heavy hitters who seem out of sorts in fielding.

By game 4 and that last pitch even I was fist bumping and jumping off the couch, winning is infectious and I hope it rubs off with the 9ers and these Giants know how to celebrate.

SF now a baseball town?

I think SF has become a baseball city now. It was a football city for so long, but the combo of the Giants winning titles, and having a great stadium guaranteed to keep them around for decades is swaying the interest. The 49ers "leaving town" isnt sitting well with people in the city anyways.

The World Series ended up being the results of a flawed Tigers team that lost momentum, running into a speeding Giants train of momentum. They have some great players, but they have a terrible bullpen, a terrible bench, and play awful defense. Probably the worst combo of those things on a World Series team, and it was exposed. The Giants out-hit, out-pitched, out-defended, and out-managed the Tigers, all while punching them right in the mouth out of the gate unexpectedly.

in hindsight I should have been more confident going into the series, considering the circumstances of the way the Giants caught fire against STL, and how the Tigers got overconfident sweeping the Yankees and sitting around for a week. I guess I was just setting my expectations low to prevent heartbreak.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

SF now a baseball town?

I think SF has become a baseball city now. It was a football city for so long, but the combo of the Giants winning titles, and having a great stadium guaranteed to keep them around for decades is swaying the interest. The 49ers "leaving town" isnt sitting well with people in the city anyways.

The World Series ended up being the results of a flawed Tigers team that lost momentum, running into a speeding Giants train of momentum. They have some great players, but they have a terrible bullpen, a terrible bench, and play awful defense. Probably the worst combo of those things on a World Series team, and it was exposed. The Giants out-hit, out-pitched, out-defended, and out-managed the Tigers, all while punching them right in the mouth out of the gate unexpectedly.

in hindsight I should have been more confident going into the series, considering the circumstances of the way the Giants caught fire against STL, and how the Tigers got overconfident sweeping the Yankees and sitting around for a week. I guess I was just setting my expectations low to prevent heartbreak.

For now it is, but Harbaugh will change that soon.

What do you base that on?

Most of the Giants fan base live outside SF, just like the 49ers fan base.

I live in SF, and for the most part the city itself is not a sports town. Its the Bay Area that is. Are you saying that a 49ers Championship Parade would be smaller than the Giants Parade(s)?

I think the Giants have come into their own as far as relevance, but I don't think anything has 'swayed'.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone