There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 WORLD SERIES - Detroit Tigers vs San Francisco Giants (SF SWEEPS DETROIT!)

Originally posted by jrg:
Maybe Game 3 will be better?

Rating for Game 2 is record low

NEW YORK -- The Giants' shutout of the Detroit Tigers drew a record-low television rating for Game 2 of the World Series.

San Francisco's 2-0 win Thursday night on Fox earned a 7.8 fast national rating and 12 share, down 12 percent from last year's St. Louis Cardinals-Texas Rangers matchup. The previous low was an 8.1 for the 2008 Philadelphia Phillies-Tampa Bay Rays series.

Fox said Friday the rating was up 3 percent from the Giants' rout in Game 1 on Wednesday.

The "Thursday Night Football" Buccaneers-Vikings game on NFL Network went up against the World Series for the first time and had 5.2 million viewers, not including fans in the Tampa and Minneapolis areas who watched simulcasts on local channels. That's down from a season average of 7.1 million. The World Series was watched by 12.3 million people on Fox, which is available in about 60 percent more homes than NFL Network.

Ratings represent the percentage of all American homes with televisions tuned to a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8556316/game-2-world-series-gets-record-low-rating

There are factors that impact why the ratings are down. This is the first year that the NFL has had Thursday Night games during the WS. Obviously that would impact things.

MLB just doesnt know how to do things right. They should have started the WS on a Tuesday and not a Wednesday. Travel days would then be Thursday and Monday and they would not have to compete with the NFL

Tuesday Game 1
Wed Game 2
Thurs Travel and no competitiion against NFL
Friday Game 3
Sat Game 4
Sun Game 5
Mon Travel and no competition against NFL
Tues Game 6
Wed Game 7
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
he was saying in the WS. Verlander is either 0-2 or 0-3 in WS games. Great pitcher, but you need to produce in the biggest moment.

I never saw Jim just say in the WS games. He didnt. Obviously he couldnt be talking WS because he included Kershaw who has never pitched in one.. Verlander has been lights out in these playoffs and then had one bad game, Bumgarner was awful until Game 2. Timmy was so bad that he isnt even getting a start, To say that you would take either over Verlander is simply nuts,

I am trying to help him. I take Verlander all day, dude has the sickest stuff. I am trying to read into his, " GREAT WS" part.

LOL at trying to help him. Some things are beyond help. J/K Jim Boy.
There are factors that impact why the ratings are down. This is the first year that the NFL has had Thursday Night games during the WS. Obviously that would impact things.

MLB just doesnt know how to do things right. They should have started the WS on a Tuesday and not a Wednesday. Travel days would then be Thursday and Monday and they would not have to compete with the NFL

Tuesday Game 1
Wed Game 2
Friday Game 3
Sat Game 4
Sun Game 5
Tues Game 6
Wed Game 7

Ya, big head by the MLB. Should have had this and Monday night off. Thurs game is new and Monday night football kills the ratings.

But I don't care who watches, if the giants are in, I am happy. What do we want, the Yankees to be in every year so bandwagon fans will drive ratings up? Fuuu that. (Though I was hoping for giants Yankees )

Tuesday Game 1
Wed Game 2
Friday Game 3
Sat Game 4
Sun Game 5
Tues Game 6
Wed Game 7

Ya, big head by the MLB. Should have had this and Monday night off. Thurs game is new and Monday night football kills the ratings.

But I don't care who watches, if the giants are in, I am happy. What do we want, the Yankees to be in every year so bandwagon fans will drive ratings up? Fuuu that. (Though I was hoping for giants Yankees )

Giants -Yanks would just have had such a better feeling to it. It would have been payback that the Giants have owed them for 50 years.
Giants -Yanks would just have had such a better feeling to it. It would have been payback that the Giants have owed them for 50 years.

That's what I wanted
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Maybe Game 3 will be better?

Rating for Game 2 is record low

NEW YORK -- The Giants' shutout of the Detroit Tigers drew a record-low television rating for Game 2 of the World Series.

San Francisco's 2-0 win Thursday night on Fox earned a 7.8 fast national rating and 12 share, down 12 percent from last year's St. Louis Cardinals-Texas Rangers matchup. The previous low was an 8.1 for the 2008 Philadelphia Phillies-Tampa Bay Rays series.

Fox said Friday the rating was up 3 percent from the Giants' rout in Game 1 on Wednesday.

The "Thursday Night Football" Buccaneers-Vikings game on NFL Network went up against the World Series for the first time and had 5.2 million viewers, not including fans in the Tampa and Minneapolis areas who watched simulcasts on local channels. That's down from a season average of 7.1 million. The World Series was watched by 12.3 million people on Fox, which is available in about 60 percent more homes than NFL Network.

Ratings represent the percentage of all American homes with televisions tuned to a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8556316/game-2-world-series-gets-record-low-rating

Tuesday Game 1
Wed Game 2
Friday Game 3
Sat Game 4
Sun Game 5
Tues Game 6
Wed Game 7

Or that nobody cares about the Giants/Tigers?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungBird:

That's what I wanted

Cardinals vs. Yanks

Top NL team vs. Top AL team (WS title wise)

That's what I wanted

Cardinals vs. Yanks

LULZ
  • jrg
  • Veteran

That's what I wanted

Cardinals vs. Yanks

LULZ

Honestly though, I blame it on the Tigers. If I remember correctly, the Cardinals/Tigers had lower WS ratings back in 2006 too.

Game 1 was apparently bad too

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/10/world-series-tigersgiants-opens-with-lowest-rated-least-viewed-game-1-ever/
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM ]

That's what I wanted

Cardinals vs. Yanks

I think no one cares about Midwest teams. Make this NY-SF and not put it up against the NFL and the ratings would be off the charts.

That's what I wanted

we never clinch at home lol....

• jrg
  • Veteran

That's what I wanted

Cardinals vs. Yanks

I think no one cares about Midwest teams. Make this NY-SF and not put it up against the NFL and the ratings would be off the charts.

Excuses, excuses
I wanted the Yankers too.

That's what I wanted

Cardinals vs. Yanks

Excuses, excuses

i blame the stupid missouri fans demographic personally....their tuning out in their spite
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Game 3 should be interesting.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com