There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 WORLD SERIES - Detroit Tigers vs San Francisco Giants (SF SWEEPS DETROIT!)

• boast
  • All City
Originally posted by ninerempire25:

ahahahahahaha. f**king awesome.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Go Giants.
[ Edited by Garcia on Oct 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I am not a fan of baseball, but really impressed with the Giants and how they play in elimination games. How do you explain how they catch fire when their backs are against the wall? Watched the whole series against St Louis and will watch all of the World Series, in spite of having to listen to Tim McCarver. Even though only up 1-0, pounding the Tiger's ace was a big win.
Originally posted by BobS:
I am not a fan of baseball, but really impressed with the Giants and how they play in elimination games. How do you explain how they catch fire when their backs are against the wall? Watched the whole series against St Louis and will watch all of the World Series, in spite of having to listen to Tim McCarver. Even though only up 1-0, pounding the Tiger's ace was a big win.

They definitely stunned Detroit last night. They did the same thing by hammering Cliff Lee in 2010. The Rangers never really recovered, and lost a ton of confidence.

Hopefully they can keep the momentum and build on it tonight.
Originally posted by Niners99:

They definitely stunned Detroit last night. They did the same thing by hammering Cliff Lee in 2010. The Rangers never really recovered, and lost a ton of confidence.

No doubt. I'm sure that Detroit would have been pretty satisfied with a split in these 2 games. We need to put them down 2-0 like we did against the Rangers.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

No doubt. I'm sure that Detroit would have been pretty satisfied with a split in these 2 games. We need to put them down 2-0 like we did against the Rangers.

I think a win tonight breaks their back. Im not saying its over if we win, but confidence wise? The Tigers already had their "unbeatable" ace hammered. If they go down 0-2, especially if we run up the score again, thatll be hard to come back from.

cross your fingers, but right now it looks like were in good shape. If you go down the lineup, Pagan is starting to hit, Scutaro is on fire, Sandoval is on fire, Posey is starting to hit, Pence keeps finding ways to drive in runs, despite struggling, Belt is starting to hit, Blanco and Crawford are hitting enough, and playing fantastic defense. And then the pitching finally got their heads out of their butts. Thats 4 straight great starts. Zito, Vogelsong, Cain, Zito. And the pen is locked in right now.

The Tigers looked cold, and way out of sync last night. Lets just hope we dont give them a chance to get their bearings.

i can't explain it.. i thought we were done two weeks ago
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

It reminds me of the 2010 NLDS. That game 3 against the Braves? We were up late, and then Romo gives up the go ahead HR to Eric Hinske. Kimbrel comes in for the 9th, gets 2 quick outs, then walks Ishikawa, but has Freddy Sanchez down 0-2, looking totally overmatched. We were 1 strike from going down 1-2 and probably wouldnt have recovered.

Instead Sanchez rips a single up the middle, Huff ties is with a bloop, and then Posey grounds into the famous Brooks Conrad play.

We never looked back from that point. Again this season, were were dead after game 2 of the NLDS, and somehow we pulled it out. the 2nd time around against STL, its like we now believe we cant be eliminated. One of the most epic turnarounds of all time regardless of what happens in this WS.

I think a win tonight breaks their back. Im not saying its over if we win, but confidence wise? The Tigers already had their "unbeatable" ace hammered. If they go down 0-2, especially if we run up the score again, thatll be hard to come back from.

cross your fingers, but right now it looks like were in good shape. If you go down the lineup, Pagan is starting to hit, Scutaro is on fire, Sandoval is on fire, Posey is starting to hit, Pence keeps finding ways to drive in runs, despite struggling, Belt is starting to hit, Blanco and Crawford are hitting enough, and playing fantastic defense. And then the pitching finally got their heads out of their butts. Thats 4 straight great starts. Zito, Vogelsong, Cain, Zito. And the pen is locked in right now.

The Tigers looked cold, and way out of sync last night. Lets just hope we dont give them a chance to get their bearings.

I just will never allow myself to get overconfident. The Giants came back from 0-2 and 1-3 and Detroit would certainly have the ability to do so. I will celebrate and feel great when we have 4 wins. Just my nature I guess.
I just will never allow myself to get overconfident. The Giants came back from 0-2 and 1-3 and Detroit would certainly have the ability to do so. I will celebrate and feel great when we have 4 wins. Just my nature I guess.

Same here.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Giants got every break in the book last night.

Panda ate Melky's secret stash
Ball off the bag
Foul ball turned double play
The best pitcher in the world had Kate blowjob hangover

Tigers better bring it tonight.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

It reminds me of the 2010 NLDS. That game 3 against the Braves? We were up late, and then Romo gives up the go ahead HR to Eric Hinske. Kimbrel comes in for the 9th, gets 2 quick outs, then walks Ishikawa, but has Freddy Sanchez down 0-2, looking totally overmatched. We were 1 strike from going down 1-2 and probably wouldnt have recovered.

Instead Sanchez rips a single up the middle, Huff ties is with a bloop, and then Posey grounds into the famous Brooks Conrad play.

We never looked back from that point. Again this season, were were dead after game 2 of the NLDS, and somehow we pulled it out. the 2nd time around against STL, its like we now believe we cant be eliminated. One of the most epic turnarounds of all time regardless of what happens in this WS.

yeah i'm thinking about that NLDS game 3.. the error by rolen in the 10th inning that scored posey.. we had no business winning that game

I have very cautious, but good feelings about it so far. However, im the same way. Being cocky, overconfident, and getting too excited are things I will never do. I came into this series believing we would probably be overmatched, and wouldnt be able to win it all. I was happy with the pennant. Itll make losing this WS easier to stomach if it happens, but you cant help but get a little anxious at the way its started.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Ball off the bag

Wanna know our secret to winning? Drinking tiger Blood.

[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Oct 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Ball off the bag

come on, man. that ball was clearly out front and fair.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com