There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 WORLD SERIES - Detroit Tigers vs San Francisco Giants (SF SWEEPS DETROIT!)

  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,202
Originally posted by jrg:







Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Worth every penny. Greatest sports experience of my life. GIANTS!!!!!

That's awesome.



For me it was the Catch II. I've never felt a noise so loud as that day.

Catch IIa or IIb or did you mean III?
Originally posted by jrg:


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Originally posted by jrg:

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,810
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by fister30:
Panda was the first to do it in his first three plate appearances. Jackson was BB, HR, HR, HR

Ruth was HR, HR, BB, HR

Ruth did it twice
1926 and 1928 I think
read it
[ Edited by Garcia on Oct 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM ]
Originally posted by jrg:



I can't believe how many people are all on the Tigers junk. Look at the stats people. This season as a team the Giants have a better ERA than the Tigers and that is in a down year for our staff. The Giants very clearly have a much stronger bullpen as well. The Tigers pitching staff top to bottom, including Verlander, pitches for strikeouts. The Giants are the fourth hardest team in the MLB to strike out. They are patient and they put the ball in play. This will not bode well for the Tigers because A) even if their pitchers are on, the Giants will work the pitch count and get to that very weak bullpen, B) if the ball is put in play then the Giants can use their speed to pressure a slow and statistically very bad defensive team (especially the infield) and C) it is easy to advance runners against the Tigers and the Giants are very good at doing that. Not to mention the Tigers "big bad" offense that everyone is so scared of is actually averaging LESS runs per game in the post season than the Giants are. And the Giants did it against two teams that have very good pitching. Detroit has not faced a team even close to as good at pitching as the Giants are. Just look at the stats. On top of all this, if you make a list of the very few people who have had success hitting Verlander then Pablo Sandavol would be near the top of that list. Then factor in that three times in the world series one team has gone 7 in the LCS to get there while the other swept and had to wait. All three times the team that played 7 games in the LCS won the world series in 5 games or less. It blows my mind that everyone is so high on the Tigers when statistically this is clearly the Giants world series to lose. They do everything that has proven to hurt the Tigers and they do it well. They are a matchup nightmare for Detroit and they have all the momentum as well as home field advantage coming into the series. Giants in 5.........if they don't sweep the Tigers outright.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,336
Originally posted by Blockhead596:
I can't believe how many people are all on the Tigers junk. Look at the stats people. This season as a team the Giants have a better ERA than the Tigers and that is in a down year for our staff. The Giants very clearly have a much stronger bullpen as well. The Tigers pitching staff top to bottom, including Verlander, pitches for strikeouts. The Giants are the fourth hardest team in the MLB to strike out. They are patient and they put the ball in play. This will not bode well for the Tigers because A) even if their pitchers are on, the Giants will work the pitch count and get to that very weak bullpen, B) if the ball is put in play then the Giants can use their speed to pressure a slow and statistically very bad defensive team (especially the infield) and C) it is easy to advance runners against the Tigers and the Giants are very good at doing that. Not to mention the Tigers "big bad" offense that everyone is so scared of is actually averaging LESS runs per game in the post season than the Giants are. And the Giants did it against two teams that have very good pitching. Detroit has not faced a team even close to as good at pitching as the Giants are. Just look at the stats. On top of all this, if you make a list of the very few people who have had success hitting Verlander then Pablo Sandavol would be near the top of that list. Then factor in that three times in the world series one team has gone 7 in the LCS to get there while the other swept and had to wait. All three times the team that played 7 games in the LCS won the world series in 5 games or less. It blows my mind that everyone is so high on the Tigers when statistically this is clearly the Giants world series to lose. They do everything that has proven to hurt the Tigers and they do it well. They are a matchup nightmare for Detroit and they have all the momentum as well as home field advantage coming into the series. Giants in 5.........if they don't sweep the Tigers outright.

Stats are for losers
-Justin Smith

Tigers have had the best pitching in the playoffs and it's not even close.
Verlander was off. When he only has one pitch he's very hittable. When he has control of all his pitches he's untouchable. That's not rocket science.

Panda hit a high fastball up out of the zone for a HR that's just great hitting by a guy who's locked in. The other one from Verlander was a decent pitch but very straight with no movement. Nice hit but a lot of guys would it that out. The third HR was easy he hit a meatball right down the middle low. Tigers should not have even pitched to him then.

That is one guy stepping up big to be a game changer.

Tigers defense is just ok but they were very solid against the Yankees. Peralta had two amazing plays that kept the Yankees from scoring in the first game and set the tone for the series.

Season stats mean nothing in the playoffs. The Tigers pitching was dominating the talking heads had every right to be all over them.

Well played Giants, well played.

The Tigers have sucked in first games on the road all season. They are one of the best teams at home. No way this series is a sweep.

Rowengartner looks scurred while Giants fan Fister looks ready to deal from his have to.

Should be a great game 2.

I bet Justin took it out on Kate's face last night.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Worth every penny. Greatest sports experience of my life. GIANTS!!!!!

Awesome. I am hella jelly. Must have been so electric, it looked like it on TV.

I have to calm down my excitement going into game two. Anything can happen, we came back on the reds and the cards. I hope we stay focused and loose. Last night we just looked like we came to play. Bum tonight needs to be solid. I hope the rest he got helped his arm as it looked tired last time out. Also, would really really really appreciate it if Pence had a big night to help out.

First 4 Giant hitters last night were 10-16. Pagan faced 26 pitches last night. That puts pressure on the Tigers pitchers. Need to keep it up.

And last, damn Barry Zito! Amazing
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by Blockhead596:
I can't believe how many people are all on the Tigers junk. Look at the stats people. This season as a team the Giants have a better ERA than the Tigers and that is in a down year for our staff. The Giants very clearly have a much stronger bullpen as well. The Tigers pitching staff top to bottom, including Verlander, pitches for strikeouts. The Giants are the fourth hardest team in the MLB to strike out. They are patient and they put the ball in play. This will not bode well for the Tigers because A) even if their pitchers are on, the Giants will work the pitch count and get to that very weak bullpen, B) if the ball is put in play then the Giants can use their speed to pressure a slow and statistically very bad defensive team (especially the infield) and C) it is easy to advance runners against the Tigers and the Giants are very good at doing that. Not to mention the Tigers "big bad" offense that everyone is so scared of is actually averaging LESS runs per game in the post season than the Giants are. And the Giants did it against two teams that have very good pitching. Detroit has not faced a team even close to as good at pitching as the Giants are. Just look at the stats. On top of all this, if you make a list of the very few people who have had success hitting Verlander then Pablo Sandavol would be near the top of that list. Then factor in that three times in the world series one team has gone 7 in the LCS to get there while the other swept and had to wait. All three times the team that played 7 games in the LCS won the world series in 5 games or less. It blows my mind that everyone is so high on the Tigers when statistically this is clearly the Giants world series to lose. They do everything that has proven to hurt the Tigers and they do it well. They are a matchup nightmare for Detroit and they have all the momentum as well as home field advantage coming into the series. Giants in 5.........if they don't sweep the Tigers outright.

Stats are for losers
-Justin Smith

Tigers have had the best pitching in the playoffs and it's not even close.
Verlander was off. When he only has one pitch he's very hittable. When he has control of all his pitches he's untouchable. That's not rocket science.

Panda hit a high fastball up out of the zone for a HR that's just great hitting by a guy who's locked in. The other one from Verlander was a decent pitch but very straight with no movement. Nice hit but a lot of guys would it that out. The third HR was easy he hit a meatball right down the middle low. Tigers should not have even pitched to him then.

That is one guy stepping up big to be a game changer.

Tigers defense is just ok but they were very solid against the Yankees. Peralta had two amazing plays that kept the Yankees from scoring in the first game and set the tone for the series.

Season stats mean nothing in the playoffs. The Tigers pitching was dominating the talking heads had every right to be all over them.

Well played Giants, well played.

The Tigers have sucked in first games on the road all season. They are one of the best teams at home. No way this series is a sweep.

Rowengartner looks scurred while Giants fan Fister looks ready to deal from his have to.

Should be a great game 2.


watching the tigers def, i had to lol @ delmon young at left field last night. also, who else expects hunter pence to strike out on a slider on the outside away every time.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/dabig25/_12jpg_zps6d305d8d.jpg
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,336
They should have used Young off the bench dude sucks as an outfielder and that's why he's the DH
Q Berry is a far better option for LF and his speed needs to be in the lineup.

LMFAO at Verlander looking coach dead in the face and saying "Why are you out here?"

aaaaaand the next pitch was a HR LOL
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,336
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/dabig25/_12jpg_zps6d305d8d.jpg

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I bet Justin took it out on Kate's face last night.

lucky a*****e
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com