LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
f**k JVG
Seeing flopping live as an official is probably difficult and hard to judge exactly what is and what isn't. Unless they did a replay on the sides to call the technical I don't think that'd work. And it would slow the game down.
Originally posted by crzy:
The easiest solution is just to make flops into technical fouls. VERY easy to stop flopping for good.

Ok, here's the flaw in this logic. It's impossible to penalize flopping during the game because the refs think they are actually getting fouled. It's only after the replay is shown do we realize it's a flop. So are they going to replay every single foul to determine if it was legit or a flop? Are they gonna give each team 3 flop challenges? I agree that flopping needs to go away. I just don't see how it can actually be officiated during the game.

^^^ and what marsh said, which I obviously didn't see.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The easiest solution is just to make flops into technical fouls. VERY easy to stop flopping for good.

Ok, here's the flaw in this logic. It's impossible to penalize flopping during the game because the refs think they are actually getting fouled. It's only after the replay is shown do we realize it's a flop. So are they going to replay every single foul to determine if it was legit or a flop? Are they gonna give each team 3 flop challenges? I agree that flopping needs to go away. I just don't see how it can actually be officiated during the game.

Beat you to it joto
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Beat you to it joto

And then I went to add the edit and you posted this in that time. ShYte!!
And then I went to add the edit and you posted this in that time. ShYte!!

bros
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

It's not easy, I agree.But it's not impossible either.

There are plenty of times the ref see obvious flops, where they simply let the play go on without blowing their whistle.

I'm just saying that in those instances, the ref can stop play and call a technical foul. The refs don't need to catch every single flop. NFL refs don't catch every single holding call.

However, the threat of a technical foul will be a much greater deterrence against flopping than any post-game fines will ever be.

Plus the NBA needs to add an extra ref
Originally posted by AmpLee:

It's not easy, I agree.But it's not impossible either.

There are plenty of times the ref see obvious flops, where they simply let the play go on without blowing their whistle.

I'm just saying that in those instances, the ref can stop play and call a technical foul. The refs don't need to catch every single flop. NFL refs don't catch every single holding call.

However, the threat of a technical foul will be a much greater deterrence against flopping than any post-game fines will ever be.

Plus the NBA needs to add an extra ref

crzy, I'm totally with you on the flopping thing. I think it ruins the game and should have been fixed years ago. I've thought about if they instituted a rule that flop technicals are given to the teams at the end of each half. You can have a separate ref that watches replay of every questionable flop and by the end of the half, has tallied the flops and awarded fts. Sure this could make the end of the games anti-climactic, but I'm guessing it would stop the problem.

Sorry Amp. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
FTs at the end of halfs? Bye bye buzzer beaters
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'm probably in the minority, but I see the Nets being a massive failure.

Originally posted by FL9er:

I dont think they will compete for a title but they will be better than the last few years
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by FL9er:

I dont think they will compete for a title but they will be better than the last few years

Ya, they'll be decent. That's a pretty good offensive squad.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Nets will finish around .500 imo

46-36
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

46-36

41-41

Not thrilled with their frontcourt or depth.

Plus they have my least favorite player in the league, Andray Blatche.

-5 wins just for having Blatche on their roster.
Share 49ersWebzone