There are 294 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
worst free throw of all time LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-MW5tkTWtQ&feature=youtu.be

Lmao wtf
i know the game is old but i lol'd at this gif

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Gotta brag about my team a little bit. We went 5-7 in our non-league schedule without our 4 best players, while playing 12 games in 13 nights. 5-7 doesn't sound like much, but two years ago the squad was 1-11 while losing by an average of 30ppg. We've won 4 out of our last 5 games, which is the first time that's happened at the school since 04-05, and we've been at an athletic disadvantage in almost every game. It's been badass watching my guys outsmart their opponents. Can't wait for league play. We have a damn good shot at the playoffs, even without any of my best players coming back.

Cool stuff. I'm very jealous, coaching high school sports sounds like a blast.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Cool stuff. I'm very jealous, coaching high school sports sounds like a blast.

You could always move to Canuck-land so that you could teach HS hockey and escape this communist government. Two birds, one stone.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
You could always move to Canuck-land so that you could teach HS hockey and escape this communist government. Two birds, one stone.

lol, don't think I wont.

Maybe 10 more years until that mid-life crisis hits me.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Gotta brag about my team a little bit. We went 5-7 in our non-league schedule without our 4 best players, while playing 12 games in 13 nights. 5-7 doesn't sound like much, but two years ago the squad was 1-11 while losing by an average of 30ppg. We've won 4 out of our last 5 games, which is the first time that's happened at the school since 04-05, and we've been at an athletic disadvantage in almost every game. It's been badass watching my guys outsmart their opponents. Can't wait for league play. We have a damn good shot at the playoffs, even without any of my best players coming back.

Congrats Pete! I have to say, I'm not all that surprised though. You explain several strategies employed by NBA coaches in such simple words, it's really easy for anyone to understand. I've never been a coach, but as a player - I always felt the best coach was someone who not only knew a million things more than I do about the game, but can help me and rest of the team grasp the concepts quickly and in simple terms - so when we're out there...we are reacting as fast as we can and not trying to figure out if that's what the coach was talking about.

Also, being fully prepared isn't enough to play confidently and at your best. IMO, knowing that you're fully prepared is the key. That only happens when you trust the coach. So, I'm sure things will only improve for you and your team as you continue to build that trust. Good Luck, man.

What the hell got into Amir Johnson? Lol.
Lin put up 38 points again against the Spurs
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Lin put up 38 points again against the Spurs

nice! good for him
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Poor TO begging to the Clips...

You could have hired him...

...to do the trampoline stunt dunks with the team mascot at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
im gonna have to go with Kyrie Irving as my favorite player in the NBA. Dude is a beast.
Originally posted by Amir:
im gonna have to go with Kyrie Irving as my favorite player in the NBA. Dude is a beast.

He's nuts. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite players to watch (Lebron, Carmelo, Blake, Irving, Westbrook)
Hollinger working front office with the Grizz now, leaving ESPN for the gig
Originally posted by GameOver:
Hollinger working front office with the Grizz now, leaving ESPN for the gig

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
LMAO Hollinger in the front office.

Can't wait to see how that works out
Share 49ersWebzone