LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
I dont like what the Rockets are doing..I think they're trying to hard lol
If I were them I would've never signed Lin, I think Lamb could be better. Would've never amnestied Scola, he's a solid PF. Kept Kevin martin expiring contract and go big in FA next season with the money that that gave to Lin and Martin's expiring contract
Let Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lamb, Royce White develop together and try to make a splash next season

Jeremy Lin 3 years 29 mill
Omer Asik 3 years 25 mill
James Harden 4 years 60 mill?

dumb contracts .. Harden's a very good player but I wouldnt give him 60 mill. He can't carry a team in the NBA.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
If I were them I would've never signed Lin, I think Lamb could be better. Would've never amnestied Scola, he's a solid PF. Kept Kevin martin expiring contract and go big in FA next season with the money that that gave to Lin and Martin's expiring contract
Let Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lamb, Royce White develop together and try to make a splash next season

dumb contracts .. Harden's a very good player but I wouldnt give him 60 mill. He can't carry a team in the NBA.

You can question the first two but Harden is worth a max contract.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Yep, if an injury prone Eric Gordon is worth a max deal, then Harden is worth one too.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Yep, if an injury prone Eric Gordon is worth a max deal, then Harden is worth one too.

Gordon definitely wasn't worth a max deal

I think max deals should be given to real superstars, not just good young players like Gordon or Harden
Max deals are used too often in the nba imo. but that's just how the league works I guess, teams are willing to overpay for players like Gordon
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Neither Gordon or Harden are worth max deals.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

I think max deals should be given to superstarslike LeBron, Howard, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Durant, etc
Not Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, and James Harden

but like I said.. its just the way it works, players like Brook Lopez who averaged 5 rebounds a game the last time he was healthy gets 16 mill a year
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I think max deals should be given to superstarslike LeBron, Howard, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Durant, etc
Not Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, and James Harden

but like I said.. its just the way it works, players like Brook Lopez who averaged 5 rebounds a game the last time he was healthy gets 16 mill a year

100% desperation from teams. Players take advantage of them. Owners need to stand up and say GTFO. James Harden averages 16.8 PPG. Those stats aren't THAT hard to find/replace.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Harden is 23, 6'5" and a legit scorer he is worth a max deal
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Career average of 12.7 PPG

That is a legit scorer now?
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

I can't deny that Harden is a really good scorer but I still don't think he's worth a max deal

The guy disappeared in the finals last season. No way he can carry an NBA team, he did it in college but I dont think he can do that in the NBA
Good player sure, but I don't think he's worth 60 million dollars
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran

way to cherry pick.

09-19: 9.9 ppg

10-11: 12.2 ppg

11-12: 16.8 ppg

That's pretty good for being the 3rd option off the bench where Russell Westbrook jacks up 19 shots per game and Durant puts up almost 20 shots per game.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

way to cherry pick.

09-19: 9.9 ppg

10-11: 12.2 ppg

11-12: 16.8 ppg

That's pretty good for being the 3rd option off the bench where Russell Westbrook jacks up 19 shots per game and Durant puts up almost 20 shots per game.

16.8 PPG is not worth a max deal. You can say what Westbrook did and what Durant did. But in my opinion, you have to show you can be THAT guy before you get a MAX DEAL. Could he eventually EARN a max deal? Possibly. But he hasn't earned it yet.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
16.8 PPG is not worth a max deal. You can say what Westbrook did and what Durant did. But in my opinion, you have to show you can be THAT guy before you get a MAX DEAL. Could he eventually EARN a max deal? Possibly. But he hasn't earned it yet.

Yup. agreed

I can't deny that Harden is a really good scorer but I still don't think he's worth a max deal

The guy disappeared in the finals last season. No way he can carry an NBA team, he did it in college but I dont think he can do that in the NBA
Good player sure, but I don't think he's worth 60 million dollars
this...

max deal guys don't disappear in the biggest stages. IMO
I don't think you're winning a title if Harden is one of your two best players, therefore I don't think he's a max quality player.
Share 49ersWebzone