There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Well done, pants.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,825
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Just wondering, 4ML, but how old are you?

I'm gonna pull a Lebron here...and not give a completely accurate age. Very late 20s. Born in the early 80s. Closer to 30 than to 25.

Ha! I thought age modesty was a chick thing. lol (I'm 36 for the record)

Hard to imagine you had a full grasp of what rodman's game was like at such a young age. Not taking smack. Just saying.

Naa, I just don't like giving out info over the internet to ppl I don't know.

I don't have a full grasp...but from what I've seen from the replay of games on NBA TV - I think he was great on the boards and a cheap shot artist. That's how I'd describe Reggie Evans. If Reggie Evans could do the same things players were allowed to do in 90s, he'd be a called a very tough defender too. How many offensively challenged players start in NBA today? Not many.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So your logic is that lebron could never have taken HGH because he was the biggest guy on high school court?

Nope...I never said Lebron could have never taken HGH. I don't know if he did or not. You seem to know. I'm just saying, he was bigger and faster than seniors when he was a junior...so he must have started early on.

So he was bigger and faster than seniors as a junior, so he couldn't have taken HGH. What the hell?


And you just compared Reggie Evans to Dennis F**CKING Rodman.

Yes, I did. Reggie Evans role is similar to what Dennis Rodman did for his career. Not same, similar. In today's NBA, Reggie Evans is a bench player because teams can't afford to play a guy who can't score. Dennis Rodman couldn't score...he'd be a role player in today's NBA.

Again, read slowly this time: I don't know if Lebron have taken HGH or not. He doesn't talk to me or tell me, nor do I know anyone who knows Lebron James personally. You must have insider info. I do know ppl think he has take HGH because he's bigger and faster...so I say he must have started at a young age. I don't know how you draw a conclusion from that statement that I'm saying he couldn't have taken HGH.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Just wondering, 4ML, but how old are you?

I'm gonna pull a Lebron here...and not give a completely accurate age. Very late 20s. Born in the early 80s. Closer to 30 than to 25.

Ha! I thought age modesty was a chick thing. lol (I'm 36 for the record)

Hard to imagine you had a full grasp of what rodman's game was like at such a young age. Not taking smack. Just saying.

Naa, I just don't like giving out info over the internet to ppl I don't know.

I don't have a full grasp...but from what I've seen from the replay of games on NBA TV - I think he was great on the boards and a cheap shot artist. That's how I'd describe Reggie Evans. If Reggie Evans could do the same things players were allowed to do in 90s, he'd be a called a very tough defender too. How many offensively challenged players start in NBA today? Not many.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So your logic is that lebron could never have taken HGH because he was the biggest guy on high school court?

Nope...I never said Lebron could have never taken HGH. I don't know if he did or not. You seem to know. I'm just saying, he was bigger and faster than seniors when he was a junior...so he must have started early on.

So he was bigger and faster than seniors as a junior, so he couldn't have taken HGH. What the hell?


And you just compared Reggie Evans to Dennis F**CKING Rodman.

Yes, I did. Reggie Evans role is similar to what Dennis Rodman did for his career. Not same, similar. In today's NBA, Reggie Evans is a bench player because teams can't afford to play a guy who can't score. Dennis Rodman couldn't score...he'd be a role player in today's NBA.

Again, read slowly this time: I don't know if Lebron have taken HGH or not. He doesn't talk to me or tell me, nor do I know anyone who knows Lebron James personally. You must have insider info. I do know ppl think he has take HGH because he's bigger and faster...so I say he must have started at a young age. I don't know how you draw a conclusion from that statement that I'm saying he couldn't have taken HGH.

You're eluding to it by what you're saying. Pretending you're not is just being silly.


And about the bolded, really? Don't get your panties in a bunch.
And about your bench role player for defensive only players. Artest, even in his advanced age, is still a starter and always has been.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,825
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
And about your bench role player for defensive only players. Artest, even in his advanced age, is still a starter and always has been.

He's a starter for Lakers only because they don't have anyone else at SF position. He shouldn't be starter in NBA anymore. Artest averaged around 20 in his prime. Rodman probably averaged around 8ppg in his prime.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
You're eluding to it by what you're saying. Pretending you're not is just being silly.


And about the bolded, really? Don't get your panties in a bunch.

No, I'm not. I don't know if Lebron took them or not. He may have, I don't have any proof either way.

...and my bad about the bolded.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
And about your bench role player for defensive only players. Artest, even in his advanced age, is still a starter and always has been.

He's a starter for Lakers only because they don't have anyone else at SF position. He shouldn't be starter in NBA anymore. Artest averaged around 20 in his prime. Rodman probably averaged around 8ppg in his prime.


He was starting over Odom when they won it in 2010.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,825
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
And about your bench role player for defensive only players. Artest, even in his advanced age, is still a starter and always has been.

He's a starter for Lakers only because they don't have anyone else at SF position. He shouldn't be starter in NBA anymore. Artest averaged around 20 in his prime. Rodman probably averaged around 8ppg in his prime.


He was starting over Odom when they won it in 2010.

But he could still score 15ppg. Rodman averaged around 5 later in career.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
98/100 people will know that Malone is bigger than LeBron

  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,825
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by YungAce:
98/100 people will know that Malone is bigger than LeBron


http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/04/karl-malone-talks-jordan-vs-lebron-his-all-time-starting-five-video/

Go to 4:30

Sometimes 98 out of 100 ppl can be wrong. Karl Malone is one of the 2 ppl who think Lebron is between 265 - 275. I rest my case.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by YungAce:
98/100 people will know that Malone is bigger than LeBron


http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/04/karl-malone-talks-jordan-vs-lebron-his-all-time-starting-five-video/

Go to 4:30

Sometimes 98 out of 100 ppl can be wrong. Karl Malone is one of the 2 ppl who think Lebron is between 265 - 275. I rest my case.

Did he say he thinks Lebron is bigger than him?
you dudes are arguing over who is bigger?
Originally posted by jrg:
you dudes are arguing over who is bigger?

Yea it's a dumb argument

Who do you think looks bigger?

No homo (Fine me b***hes)
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Jun 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by jrg:
you dudes are arguing over who is bigger?

Yea it's a dumb argument

Who do you think looks bigger?

No homo (Fine me b***hes)

  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,825
Originally posted by jrg:
you dudes are arguing over who is bigger?

He completely ignored my post and picked out 1 thing. lol typical webzone.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by jrg:
you dudes are arguing over who is bigger?

He completely ignored my post and picked out 1 thing. lol typical webzone.

I agreed with a lot of what you said, and disagreed with some too. But yea that was the most ridiculous thing out of it. I didn't think anyone actually would think Lebron was bigger than Karl Malone.