2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
If it is an achilles, then Kobes career is done. Jaw will drop if he comes back froman achilles at this age...steroids pending.

Thanks for your opinion Dr.

Truth hurts. Seriously asking, what was Barkley's last injury? Was it an ankle or the achilles?

Barkley clearly had the same work ethic as Kobe.

Dude, you barking up the wrong tree here. Get real. If it is THAT tendon, only steroids will bring Kobe back to full strength. You have to take into accou t that be will not be able to do much cardio and will probably fatten up a bit. Then, at that age, it is a lot of work.

You mist be pro steroid.

Are you serious? You obviously don't know what a cardio workout means. Running on a treadmill is not the only way one can do cardio. lol

Is it just me, or ppl have dumbed down a bit after Kobe's injury?
Amp...killing it
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Tonight Kobe became the first player in history with at least 47 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks, & 3 steals in an NBA game. With 54,000 minutes on the odometer. Unreal.

"I think he's clean."

- L. Armstrong
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
James is the only player averaging 1.7 steals and 0.9 blocks per game and the first to do it in four years. Of the eight defensive play types tracked by Synergy Sports, which include defending the pick-and-roll, post-ups and isolations, James rates as excellent or very good in half of them. Of the three players who finished ahead of him last year in the Defensive Player of the Year voting, none rate excellent or very good in more than three categories.

----------

He won't win DPOY, but Lebron deserves to win it. The best defender in the game today.
Champion, series MVP, MVP, DPOY, Most Improved Player, lol the only thing he isn't coming home with is the sixth man.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Champion, series MVP, MVP, DPOY, Most Improved Player, lol the only thing he isn't coming home with is the sixth man.

Larry Sanders or Vucecic should win the Most Improved Player. IMO, Lebron should win both the MVP and DPOY.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Larry Sanders or Vucecic should win the Most Improved Player. IMO, Lebron should win both the MVP and DPOY.

Or Steph Curry I wasn't being 100% truthful
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Or Steph Curry I wasn't being 100% truthful

He could win it too. I know you weren't...but I don't think it's a stretch at all to say Lebron is the best offensive and defensive player in the game.
If it is an achilles, then Kobes career is done. Jaw will drop if he comes back froman achilles at this age...steroids pending.

Thanks for your opinion Dr.

Truth hurts. Seriously asking, what was Barkley's last injury? Was it an ankle or the achilles?

Barkley clearly had the same work ethic as Kobe.

Dude, you barking up the wrong tree here. Get real. If it is THAT tendon, only steroids will bring Kobe back to full strength. You have to take into accou t that be will not be able to do much cardio and will probably fatten up a bit. Then, at that age, it is a lot of work.

You mist be pro steroid.

Are you serious? You obviously don't know what a cardio workout means. Running on a treadmill is not the only way one can do cardio. lol

Is it just me, or ppl have dumbed down a bit after Kobe's injury?

HGH. Amp Lee, maybe Kobe can take after Adrian Peterson and defy the odds. Dude, just stop.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Seems like people tend to exaggerate when there's a big injury. I remember reading/hearing people doubt whether Peterson would play again.

That said I know nothing about the severity of this injury but I'll be more surprised if he doesn't bounce back

I'm sure that ESPN/ABC already has the script ready for Kobe's 1st game back since the injury. Can you say "Christmas Day debut" vs the Knicks/Heat/Bulls? Sponsor $$$$$$$$$ = serious business
Originally posted by teeohh:
Seems like people tend to exaggerate when there's a big injury. I remember reading/hearing people doubt whether Peterson would play again.

That said I know nothing about the severity of this injury but I'll be more surprised if he doesn't bounce back

Kobe's pretty old though. But I think he'll be back and will play effectively for another few seasons
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nuggets reach the Finals. They are fur realz.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nuggets reach the Finals. They are fur realz.

Too banged up to make noise in PO IMO
Tracy McGrady is a Spur.
Share 49ersWebzone