There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Losing to the Cavs is a real low point. It's sad. It's not even funny to laugh at these guys anymore. I actually feel sorry for them....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Losing to the Cavs is a real low point. It's sad. It's not even funny to laugh at these guys anymore. I actually feel sorry for them....

i don't thats what they get for hiring a s**tty coach
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I think some of it's their players. They have guys who were stars 5 years ago. Some are already hurt and missing a lot of playing time. The roster looks real good on paper. But it's old, slowed down, less athletic, and less healthy. It might be not as good as the paper seems to indicate.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I think some of it's their players. They have guys who were stars 5 years ago. Some are already hurt and missing a lot of playing time. The roster looks real good on paper. But it's old, slowed down, less athletic, and less healthy. It might be not as good as the paper seems to indicate.
agreed...I'm trying to spend more time focused on football at the moment so I don't get so pissed off at this crap team. I'll deal with it later
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i'm the biggest kobe hater but i love his passion for the game.. i was watching his post game interview yesterday and he was fired up.. he was trying his best not to go ballistic

I thought I was a Kobe hater as well. I appreciate his game now and then a lot more.

I realized I didn't hate Kobe, I hated his fans

great way of explaining it..
Watching Kobe play is a treat. I am amazed everytime I watch him on the court. I dont hate Kobe. I just hate the Lakers.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I know. I talk to my buddy all the time trying to figure out what it is....But really, we don't do anything well.

Actually, the only thing we've improved on is 3 point shooting, which has been the weakest part of our offense for I dont know how long.

I'm not overreacting...But we're losing to teams like the Cavs by 10-15 most of the game. The game tonight shouldn't have really been that close. I went to the Dallas game where we blew them out and we looked just flawless? So strange.

You guys lack shooters, and someone who can drive to the basket consistently. When the outside shot is going in, you guys look like World beaters - but that won't happen very often with the current group. That's where Nash comes in. He can shoot from the outside and he can drive to the basket and make the defense collapse on him - at least he could last year.

But, even with Nash back - you guys will need to change the roster a little bit. The must have for D'Antoni's system is outside shooting. You guys just don't have it outside of Kobe and Meeks (and Nash). You will have to acquire them...IMO - Gasol is not the problem. He is a terrific passer, and can shoot the mid-range J. Artest must go for a 3-point shooter...someone like Korver or Marcus Thornton or try to acquire both. You guys need 2 terrific shooters. D'Antoni's team is not going to play defense anyway, so there is no point having one or two guys on the roster who can play D. You can't defend with 2 guys.

...at least that's what I think. Some of you guys who watch every game will know better. I've seen less than 5-6 games...but that's what I find is wrong with the team.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I think Metta is just brutal in this offense. He is the streakiest shooter on the Lakers IMO. The guy is on 1 in 5 games. Those 4 games where he is off, teams literally give him WIDE open shots, so wide open he often double clutches, realizes how open he is, then takes a second to shuffle his feet and jack it up.

Long rebound and the other team is off to the races. Meeks is MONEY, but that's really about it. We can't have it both ways anymore, can't have MWP and try this offense just doesn't make sense. I just fear losing him from an emotional standpoint, he is a good team guy as weird as that sounds.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Watching Kobe play is a treat. I am amazed everytime I watch him on the court. I dont hate Kobe. I just hate the Lakers.

this
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I hate Lakers, and I hate Kobe - but I have a LOT of respect for him and when he retires - it will kinda suck. It's funny...I hate him - but it's fun to watch him play. Top 5 of ALL TIME.
You guys and your hate. Such an emotion should be saved for more serious s**t than sports. Just root for your team and good luck to the rest of em. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
You guys and your hate. Such an emotion should be saved for more serious s**t than sports. Just root for your team and good luck to the rest of em. lol

...yea, hate is a strong word and it mostly comes from the Dodgers fans. I really do hate the Dodgers and I can't stand the Cowboys and Packers. It gives me great joy to watch those teams lose.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Dec 13, 2012 at 12:25 AM ]

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Those guys will play a combined 27 games together.
Early game at 5 against the knicks on TNT tonight. The only way I see the Lakers winning is basically the law of averages. The Lakers are due to win and the knicks are due to lose. As far as the actual game, I don't see how the Lakers can win, playing the way they have been lately.
Early game at 5 against the knicks on TNT tonight. The only way I see the Lakers winning is basically the law of averages. The Lakers are due to win and the knicks are due to lose. As far as the actual game, I don't see how the Lakers can win, playing the way they have been lately.

That and west coast hip hop sucks
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

That and west coast hip hop sucks

But we have better girls, weed, weather, and everything else. So, you know.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com