LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Lemme get that double up, Lakers!
8:30 to go and Lakers down 10. They just aren't hustling. Getting destroyed on the offensive boards.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
8:30 to go and Lakers down 10. They just aren't hustling. Getting destroyed on the offensive boards.

I wonder if Artest still thinks they are the best team in the NBA? LOL
I mean, we're just not really good at anything. It's really hard to watch Lakers games right now.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I mean, we're just not really good at anything. It's really hard to watch Lakers games right now.

I bet Phil Jackson is smiling right now.
We're over a quarter of the way through the regular season...

Our team looks bad, they just look bad. I don't care about the injuries, Kobe did it with Kwame, LO, and Smush in his peak and he's got Dwight and a better supporting cast and nothings getting done! Defensively, slow on rotations, slow with the help, lack of energy, it's all too much! Offensively, what the f**k is D'Antoni doing for us? I see a thousand PnRs and superstar ISO's...is Mike drawing anything up?

What's most frustrating is when we have a night like tonight where we shoot 47% from the floor, 15/28 from downtown and don't turn the ball over 20 times and yet we still get punched in the mouth. Seriously, what the flying f**k is going on in that locker room? New coach isn't doing it and I feel like I've seen this lethargic basketball from ANYONE wearing purple/gold since Phil's last season with us. The roster has changed drastically since then and yet judging by the lackluster effort and energy, you wouldn't even be able to tell!

s**t man...I said I'd give them 20 games or so, they're 9-12 and Coach needs to stop making it seem like Nash's return will make everything, including my paychecks, get better. I don't know what to think anymore and I don't know whose at fault for this all
[ Edited by GameOver on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

Our team looks bad, they just look bad. I don't care about the injuries, Kobe did it with Kwame, LO, and Smush in his peak and he's got Dwight and a better supporting cast and nothings getting done! Defensively, slow on rotations, slow with the help, lack of energy, it's all too much! Offensively, what the f**k is D'Antoni doing for us? I see a thousand PnRs and superstar ISO's...is Mike drawing anything up?

What's most frustrating is when we have a night like tonight where we shoot 47% from the floor, 15/28 from downtown and don't turn the ball over 20 times and yet we still get punched in the mouth. Seriously, what the flying f**k is going on in that locker room? New coach isn't doing it and I feel like I've seen this lethargic basketball from ANYONE wearing purple/gold since Phil's last season with us. The roster has changed drastically since then and yet judging by the lackluster effort and energy, you wouldn't even be able to tell!

s**t man...I said I'd give them 20 games or so, they're 9-12 and Coach needs to stop making it seem like Nash's return will make everything, including my paychecks, get better. I don't know what to think anymore and I don't know whose at fault for this all

I honestly feel that you guys will be all right. Miami started 9-8 in 2010-2011 season. You guys have quite a few new guys, new coaching staff after 4-5 games in to the season - and the only guy who knows the system as well as D'Antoni is injured but will be running it in a short while. If Steve Nash is back and you guys are still losing - then something is wrong.
Originally posted by GameOver:

Who is at fault is they just have a lot of older players who are breaking down. Some of these guys were good and healthy X number of years ago. Just an old team at certain positions. It's possible they get healthy and figure it out as the season moves on. But it doesn't appear to be a fast team or high effort team on defense. I seriously doubt this team can get past OKC in the playoffs. But we will see.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
LA Lakers 9-12
Minnesota 9-9
Orlando 8-12
Golden State 13-7
Sacramento 7-12

Lakers payroll - over $80M (guessing)

Ticket cost - expensive

Hearing Valrod, Marsh, SF, Ninerjohn, etc. talk trash - worthless
Originally posted by FL9er:
LA Lakers 9-12
Minnesota 9-9
Orlando 8-12
Golden State 13-7
Sacramento 7-12

Ticket cost - expensive

We dont even got Rubio back yet, number 1 seed once he starts playing

BOOK IT

Still loving every minute of this coaching hire, couldn't think of anybody else that I'd rather have coaching this team IMHO

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
LA Lakers 9-12
Minnesota 9-9
Orlando 8-12
Golden State 13-7
Sacramento 7-12

Ticket cost - expensive

We dont even got Rubio back yet, number 1 seed once he starts playing

BOOK IT

#2 seed behind the dubs
A 40 year old Canadian is the Lakers savior?!?!?

LOL
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
A 40 year old Canadian is the Lakers savior?!?!?

LOL

So if Nash can't rescue us, then what!?!?!?! Do we think the FO will admit their mistake in bringing in MDA and sh*t can another coach!?!?!?! I highly doubt it!

I expect us in the playoffs, but the way we're playing, there's a small possibility we may not make it. I haven't seen any improvements on this squad other than the fact that the bench has gotten better, somewhat.

Im as big a fan of the Lakers as all the diehards in here. But for me, this season has been a hard season to watch.
LA Lakers 9-12
Minnesota 9-9
Orlando 8-12
Golden State 13-7
Sacramento 7-12

Ticket cost - expensive

Thanks for including me on your post. I'm sure your insight is incredibly insightful and I look forward to more than 2 posts from you in the Lakers thread in the future. I do agree that Val's posts are worthless but he is a funny guy. You should PM him.
Share 49ersWebzone