LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Hey GO...you were asking what the Lakers could get for Blake, and someone on LG had a good suggestion. Why not stick with the Hot Tub Time Machine theme and go Blake for Trevor Ariza? Washington doesn't have a decent backup for Wall, just drafted Otto Porter, and probably don't wanna pay Ariza $7.7M to back him up.

Buss may not want to pay Ariza $7.7 million either. I think that's nearly twice what Blake makes.
Hey GO...you were asking what the Lakers could get for Blake, and someone on LG had a good suggestion. Why not stick with the Hot Tub Time Machine theme and go Blake for Trevor Ariza? Washington doesn't have a decent backup for Wall, just drafted Otto Porter, and probably don't wanna pay Ariza $7.7M to back him up.

That's genius...what are the chances we can ship Blake plus our 2014 1st for Ariza and their 2014 1st? I would do that in a heartbeat...hell, maybe they want to move Trevor so bad they'd even be willing to ship him and their 1st for Blake alone...then again, maybe that's a pipe dream...

But so far, the idea of Blake for Ariza is my favorite hypothetical Steve Blake deal. Good find, LA.
I'm in full support of Operation Delorean
Originally posted by 9erReign:
FAP

Just to pick you guys up a bit from this downer of an offseason.

they were so happy

Can I get a f**kin witness!!!!
We need to bring in another SF whether LO would like to take the position or someone else we need someone else.

To whomever said this earlier: we are going to give up 200 points a game lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I don't like kicking someone when they're down.

Having said that...Lakers are hardly ever down. May not get these opportunities often...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
A buddy of mine just FB'd me this that he got off one of the many forums he frequents...

Brief summary by Chris Broussard on The Herd:

- Lakers 2014 plan is to get LeBron... but...

- My intel says Lakers are 3rd in LeBron's likeliest destination in 2014.

- Miami and Cleveland are LeBron's top 2 destination.

- If he wins 1 more with Miami, he stays, if he doesn't he'll come home to Cleveland and play with Kyrie Irving to have the storybook ending to his career.

- A longshot for Lakers to land LeBron.

- For Lakers fans wanting Dwight gone and having all this cap space, just look at Dallas = Great owner, no state tax, can't land a superstar.

- With no Dwight, LeBron doesn't want to have to "start over again" if he goes to the Lakers.

- LeBron doesn't want his image to look like a mercenary going from team to team on his 3rd franchise.

Brief comments by Brian Windhorst:

- LeBron has a similar kind of happy personality like Dwight.

- You bet LeBron was keeping an eye on how the Lakers handled the Dwight situation.

I don't see him leaving Miami even if he doesn't win it all. But yes, if he does...it will be most likely for Cleveland. He's from Cleveland and they've an excellent core. It does make sense. But, if I was him...I'm not leaving Riley for that FO. Lakers are a possibility because they're the best at running a franchise historically and he does have a good relationship with Kobe.

I agree that Lebron does want a locker-room where players have good chemistry with each other on and off the court. In that way, he's similar to Dwight. But,on the court...Lebron gets on his guys when they don't play defense. I've seen him completely thrash Bosh on occasions for not playing good defense or setting a clumsy screen.

When I watch Dwight, I feel like here's a guy who is playing basketball because he can make 10s of millions of dollars playing it. I don't think Lebron played that way even in Cleveland...ever. Yes, he'd dance on the bench in a blowout or do stupid stunts before the game...but when he had the ball in his hands, he took it very seriously.

IMHO, Dwight's biggest problem seems to be...he may not absolutely love the game.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I don't like kicking someone when they're down.

Having said that...Lakers are hardly ever down. May not get these opportunities often...

It was actually pretty funny lol... My team has been a laughing stock for years, so this ain't s**t
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
A buddy of mine just FB'd me this that he got off one of the many forums he frequents...

Brief summary by Chris Broussard on The Herd:

- Lakers 2014 plan is to get LeBron... but...

- My intel says Lakers are 3rd in LeBron's likeliest destination in 2014.

- Miami and Cleveland are LeBron's top 2 destination.

- If he wins 1 more with Miami, he stays, if he doesn't he'll come home to Cleveland and play with Kyrie Irving to have the storybook ending to his career.

- A longshot for Lakers to land LeBron.

- For Lakers fans wanting Dwight gone and having all this cap space, just look at Dallas = Great owner, no state tax, can't land a superstar.

- With no Dwight, LeBron doesn't want to have to "start over again" if he goes to the Lakers.

- LeBron doesn't want his image to look like a mercenary going from team to team on his 3rd franchise.

Brief comments by Brian Windhorst:

- LeBron has a similar kind of happy personality like Dwight.

- You bet LeBron was keeping an eye on how the Lakers handled the Dwight situation.

I don't see him leaving Miami even if he doesn't win it all. But yes, if he does...it will be most likely for Cleveland. He's from Cleveland and they've an excellent core. It does make sense. But, if I was him...I'm not leaving Riley for that FO. Lakers are a possibility because they're the best at running a franchise historically and he does have a good relationship with Kobe.

I agree that Lebron does want a locker-room where players have good chemistry with each other on and off the court. In that way, he's similar to Dwight. But,on the court...Lebron gets on his guys when they don't play defense. I've seen him completely thrash Bosh on occasions for not playing good defense or setting a clumsy screen.

When I watch Dwight, I feel like here's a guy who is playing basketball because he can make 10s of millions of dollars playing it. I don't think Lebron played that way even in Cleveland...ever. Yes, he'd dance on the bench in a blowout or do stupid stunts before the game...but when he had the ball in his hands, he took it very seriously.

IMHO, Dwight's biggest problem seems to be...he may not absolutely love the game.

Howard relies on natural talent and doesn't work on his game much. He still has no offensive go to moves after all these years in the league. He can dunk if he is close. That's about it.
Wesley Johnson has agreed to a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Johnson will sign for the veteran's minimum.

Championship
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Championship

This
That's actually another good signing
That's genius...what are the chances we can ship Blake plus our 2014 1st for Ariza and their 2014 1st? I would do that in a heartbeat...hell, maybe they want to move Trevor so bad they'd even be willing to ship him and their 1st for Blake alone...then again, maybe that's a pipe dream...

But so far, the idea of Blake for Ariza is my favorite hypothetical Steve Blake deal. Good find, LA.

Do you not realize how valuable 2014 draft picks are?
Originally posted by marshniners24:
That's actually another good signing

Wesley is a complete stud, top 15 player in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone