LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

at least your team made the playoffs.
Any other options to start at SF? I don't think Nick Young rebounds or plays defense well enough to be a starter. He offers perimeter shooting and nothing else.
They just amnestied Artest.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by GameOver:
I've been wondering what Blake could fetch on the market...what you think? I was hoping if not a 1st rounder in 2014/2015 then at least a serviceable SF? I don't think Nick is our answer at the 3 just like I don't think Kelly is our answer at the backup 4. Young would be a great backup 2 however.

I don't think Kelly sees the court unless there's an injury, unless he really impresses in training camp. He might, because he's 6'11" and can shoot, and D'Antoni will love that, but Pau/Hill/Kaman will probably take all of the PF & C minutes.

I think Blake might be able to fetch a guy like CJ Miles from Cleveland, or Brandon Rush from Utah. More likely, I think he's tradable at the deadline to someone like Memphis or Golden State in exchange for a trade exception & maybe a 2nd round pick.

Young isn't the answer at the 3, but I think he'd fit in fine at that spot with MDA. Or put Kobe there. This squad's gonna put up 110 points on a regular basis...even though they might give up 115.

Blake for CJ Miles would be solid. I believe he's an expiring contract too (aka double bonus).

Nash/Farmar
Kobe/Meeks/Young
Miles/Young/Kobe
Hill/Pau
Pau/Kaman

If we go on and sign LO too, that's solid. I still don't know what we're trying to accomplish though. That team can't win the ship but it's not going to suck enough (unless we're ravaged by injuries again) to get a good draft pick...if these guys really want to try to win the ship next year then you might as well put all our eggs in that basket and trade Blake plus our 1st rounder to Cleveland (who I still think will be a bottom 10 team in the league because Bynum's knees are done) or to another s**tty team that has hope
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Had he not called Lebron - I'd agree with you. I read Dan called him later and they talked it out. Now, that may be simply because Dan realized that he's pretty good friends with Irving and he doesn't want Lebron influencing him to leave Cleveland. He did congratulate Lebron on winning a title, so who knows what their relationship is like now.

But, I agree - if Riley is there, I do expect Lebron to stay put. Cleveland has proven over and over that they're an incompetent bunch, and if I'm Lebron - I'm not putting my career in their hands. Now, if Waiters, Bennett and Bynum play well next year...even Cleveland's FO can't f**k up title runs with Lebron on that roster.

A buddy of mine just FB'd me this that he got off one of the many forums he frequents...

Brief summary by Chris Broussard on The Herd:

- Lakers 2014 plan is to get LeBron... but...

- My intel says Lakers are 3rd in LeBron's likeliest destination in 2014.

- Miami and Cleveland are LeBron's top 2 destination.

- If he wins 1 more with Miami, he stays, if he doesn't he'll come home to Cleveland and play with Kyrie Irving to have the storybook ending to his career.

- A longshot for Lakers to land LeBron.

- For Lakers fans wanting Dwight gone and having all this cap space, just look at Dallas = Great owner, no state tax, can't land a superstar.

- With no Dwight, LeBron doesn't want to have to "start over again" if he goes to the Lakers.

- LeBron doesn't want his image to look like a mercenary going from team to team on his 3rd franchise.

Brief comments by Brian Windhorst:

- LeBron has a similar kind of happy personality like Dwight.

- You bet LeBron was keeping an eye on how the Lakers handled the Dwight situation.
They just amnestied Artest.

Originally posted by GameOver:
Blake for CJ Miles would be solid. I believe he's an expiring contract too (aka double bonus).

Nash/Farmar
Kobe/Meeks/Young
Miles/Young/Kobe
Hill/Pau
Pau/Kaman

If we go on and sign LO too, that's solid. I still don't know what we're trying to accomplish though. That team can't win the ship but it's not going to suck enough (unless we're ravaged by injuries again) to get a good draft pick...if these guys really want to try to win the ship next year then you might as well put all our eggs in that basket and trade Blake plus our 1st rounder to Cleveland (who I still think will be a bottom 10 team in the league because Bynum's knees are done) or to another s**tty team that has hope

I had kind of warmed up to Blake after his injury, but him for Miles would be a good swap.

I know a lot of fans want us to tank and get one of the top quality recruits in the draft since we're not winning a chip this year. It's just that I honestly don't think we were ever gonna be bad enough to get a top 5 pick barring devastating injuries early on, so might as well win as many games as possible and make the games worth watching.
I'm gonna miss crazy Ron Ron.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Nick Young is good. Always been a fan.

Dude throws up 100 shots though.
Originally posted by jrg:

Kobe will teach him how to get better at shooting terrible shots.

Originally posted by jrg:

Don't worry, D'Antoni will make sure he gets north of 110.
Hey GO...you were asking what the Lakers could get for Blake, and someone on LG had a good suggestion. Why not stick with the Hot Tub Time Machine theme and go Blake for Trevor Ariza? Washington doesn't have a decent backup for Wall, just drafted Otto Porter, and probably don't wanna pay Ariza $7.7M to back him up.
Any time you can amnesty an average (to slightly below average) defender and replace him with one of the worst defenders in the league, you gotta do it! Especially when youre back court cant guard their own shadow and your rim protectors are soft, lanky, pale skinned non defenders.

This team might give up 200 pts in a game next year lol.
FAP

Just to pick you guys up a bit from this downer of an offseason.
Hey GO...you were asking what the Lakers could get for Blake, and someone on LG had a good suggestion. Why not stick with the Hot Tub Time Machine theme and go Blake for Trevor Ariza? Washington doesn't have a decent backup for Wall, just drafted Otto Porter, and probably don't wanna pay Ariza $7.7M to back him up.

I like that idea. Washington has a glut at SF. Blake is a Maryland guy. Make it happen!
Share 49ersWebzone