LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
No, I meant to say...Kobe did some of the same things Dwight did in Orlando i.e. throwing team-mates, coaches, FO under the bus, while not taking any blame for the failures. I don't think that's something you expect from someone who is referred as strong willed and ultimate competitor. That's a pretty weak move in itself.

You're comparing a 3 time champion who was the 1b option on those teams to Dwight in Orlando. I get what you're saying, but IMO, Kobe had every right to b***h about the desolate situation that the Lakers were in post Shaq.

Not comparing the two players but because he had 3 championships, Kobe got away with it. Dwight was called soft and diva...which is exactly how Kobe was acting when he went on several radio shows to demand trade. And after going through all that, he decided to stay with the team...and ppl say Dwight is indecisive.

I completely agree that Kobe had the right to complain. A better way to go about it would have been...tell the management they need to put better team on the floor. If they can't do that, he'd like to be traded. That's perfectly professional. But, he didn't need to blame everyone. Kobe is an all-time great player...that was beneath him, IMO.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Either way he's still taking a huge pay cut. With the new CBA he's looking at about half of what he makes a year, now. lol

Lolwut

Well he's making $30 million this year. Under the new CBA, aren't the Lakers not allowed to pay him anywhere near that? I know they have his Bird rights, but don't they still have to drastically cut his salary?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Either way he's still taking a huge pay cut. With the new CBA he's looking at about half of what he makes a year, now. lol

Lolwut

Well he's making $30 million this year. Under the new CBA, aren't the Lakers not allowed to pay him anywhere near that? I know they have his Bird rights, but don't they still have to drastically cut his salary?

Yeah, I think he can't make more than $11-12 million/year in his next contract...not 100% sure but that's the number Ive heard get tossed around
The Lakers "could" pay Kobe up to 105% of his previous salary.
I bet he takes a pay cut. He cares too much about winning not to
god damnit that whole Earl clark thing has me pissed off
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

damnit...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I bet he takes a pay cut. He cares too much about winning not to

He obviously won't make $30M.

My guess is, he'll demand he makes as much as the highest paid player Lakers sign in FA but with a 2 or 3 year deal.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

damnit...

Yea dude...I'm not sure where you heard 10-12M a year. Kobe may not be worth 30M anymore, but he's worth well over 12M a year.

damnit...

Yea dude...I'm not sure where you heard 10-12M a year. Kobe may not be worth 30M anymore, but he's worth well over 12M a year.

So he can get $32 million a year in his next contract...

Man...I really hope Mitch negotiates the s**t out of him and he shows some heart and takes no more than $15 mill/year.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

damnit...

Man...I really hope Mitch negotiates the s**t out of him and he shows some heart and takes no more than $15 mill/year.

IMO, a lot of it depends on how he responds from his injury.
Dwight Howard was worried about the timetable of the Los Angeles Lakers to move on from the Kobe Bryant era if he re-signed with the team, according to sources.

Howard and his representatives told the Lakers that he would have a difficult time re-signing if Bryant remained beyond the final season of his contract in 13-14.

Bryant said publicly shortly before the Lakers' meeting with Howard that he planned to play two or three more seasons.

"How can it be Kobe's team and Dwight's team?" one source said. "It was about the passing of the torch."

Howard's camp asked if the Lakers at least considered using their amnesty provision on Bryant, according to sources.

The Lakers could have amnestied Bryant while shopping Pau Gasol and Steve Nash to teams with cap space to potentially re-sign Howard and also sign Chris Paul. But the Lakers made it clear that they would allow Bryant to decide his own future with the club.

Sources say Howard didn't feel especially close with anyone inside the Lakers except for Mitch Kupchak. Howard also had concerns about how the Lakers would market him and had been disappointed with that aspect during his lone season with the franchise.

damnit...

IMO, a lot of it depends on how he responds from his injury.

Speaking of his injury...

Kobe Bryant admitted last season that he could retire when his Los Angeles Lakers contract expires in 2014, but he says he is now gearing up to play three or four more seasons.

"How many pages in that last chapter, I don't know. But it's definitely the last chapter," Bryant said. "I've been rejuvenated somewhat by the injury and inspired by watching what San Antonio was able to accomplish this year, so I'm ready to go for at least another three.

"Mentally, I think mentally I'm more locked in, more engaged on the prospects of playing another three or four years."

Bryant has made progress in his rehabilitation from a torn Achillies tendon.

"I'm far ahead, far ahead," Bryant said. "Surprisingly so, but really ahead of schedule."
Dwight Howard was worried about the timetable of the Los Angeles Lakers to move on from the Kobe Bryant era if he re-signed with the team, according to sources.

Howard and his representatives told the Lakers that he would have a difficult time re-signing if Bryant remained beyond the final season of his contract in 13-14.

Bryant said publicly shortly before the Lakers' meeting with Howard that he planned to play two or three more seasons.

"How can it be Kobe's team and Dwight's team?" one source said. "It was about the passing of the torch."

Howard's camp asked if the Lakers at least considered using their amnesty provision on Bryant, according to sources.

The Lakers could have amnestied Bryant while shopping Pau Gasol and Steve Nash to teams with cap space to potentially re-sign Howard and also sign Chris Paul. But the Lakers made it clear that they would allow Bryant to decide his own future with the club.

Sources say Howard didn't feel especially close with anyone inside the Lakers except for Mitch Kupchak. Howard also had concerns about how the Lakers would market him and had been disappointed with that aspect during his lone season with the franchise.

Suggesting to the Lakers to amnesty Kobe? This mothaf**ker!

Suggesting to the Lakers to amnesty Kobe? This mothaf**ker!

lolololol
Share 49ersWebzone