There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Lakers amnestied Artest, saving $30 million in Luxury Tax.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think his point was that the Knicks have won 2 titles in their history, and none in 40 years. Sort of a large jump to so easily compare them to the Lakers. I get what he's saying, but I get sincal too. lol

I wasnt saying that the Knicks franchise was ever as good as the Lakers. People get so butt hurt sometimes. I was simply making a point, as you just said, that long runs of failure (or at least not winning titles) can happen to any franchise even those in the biggest cities where you wouldnt think it would happen.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I wonder if he knows about that.

Hopefully the Kings put a bid on him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think his point was that the Knicks have won 2 titles in their history, and none in 40 years. Sort of a large jump to so easily compare them to the Lakers. I get what he's saying, but I get sincal too. lol

I wasnt saying that the Knicks franchise was ever as good as the Lakers. People get so butt hurt sometimes. I was simply making a point, as you just said, that long runs of failure (or at least not winning titles) can happen to any franchise even those in the biggest cities where you wouldnt think it would happen.

I get all that. I really do. There's a possibility that the whole run of unbelievable success is all over for years to come. Anything is possible. But there's been absolutely no record of that in the history of this franchise, so until it happens, I think it's fair to consider the possibility of them reloading and being a contender just as possible, if not more than likely. It was Kobe and a bunch of hacks when Mitch took over, and everybody said it was over. Badda-bing, badda-boom, they went to 3 straight Finals and won 2.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I get all that. I really do. There's a possibility that the whole run of unbelievable success is all over for years to come. Anything is possible. But there's been absolutely no record of that in the history of this franchise, so until it happens, I think it's fair to consider the possibility of them reloading and being a contender just as possible, if not more than likely. It was Kobe and a bunch of hacks when Mitch took over, and everybody said it was over. Badda-bing, badda-boom, they went to 3 straight Finals and won 2.

No doubt that is true. However, you had Dr. Buss and the 2nd greatest SG and fiercest competitor ever. I really believe the Lakers will need some luck to get there this time. When I say luck, I mean to get lucky in the lottery and get a superstar. I dont think you can win a title these days without that happening.

I am not hating on the Lakers here by the way.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Let's be real. No one liked Howard, but we all realized he was a huge defensive presence. I was really pissed we put up billboards asking him to stay, cuz that's chickensh(t....

Having said all that I'm bummed he chose Houston, but I'm already over it. I couldn't stand the guy. He's a mental midget and an offensive liability IMO. If it wasn't a layup, or an alley-oop, his post moves were a rich man's Kwame Brown. We're gonna have the same if not better record next year without him, and a ton of more money.......So what does it really matter? We just got swept as an 8 seed, really what are we missing? Better to clean up, move on from that d-bag.
I stand by what I think, that Howard had not fully recovered from his back surgery. Coming from someone who has had two, some people never get back to 100%.
No one liked Howard? All the Laker fan's I know were thinking championship, I know a guy who plunked down $1,000 that he didn't have on the Lakers winning it all the second that Dwight signed. He is just a scape goat for an aged team that had a lot of injuries.

Yes and he changes his name back

Not yet.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Not yet.

Right. The article I saw said they plan to. Any reason why they wouldn't?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Not yet.

I wonder if they were pissed at Kobe for announcing it on twitter... from what I heard this morning, they are still "thinking about it?"

You guys know more than me on the matter though.
Stephen A and a lot of other people on ESPN are saying they have no faith in Jim Buss. And this is a "different" Laker era now (for the worst). While I get that line of thinking, I think it's a little extreme.

Jim Buss has to do some really dumb s**t to mess this thing up as bad as some are saying. The Lakers may struggle this year, but you guys all know about the contracts coming off of the books and the allure of the team. Jim has the Laker brand. He has to f**k up real bad to mess that up. Also, he has Mitch Kupchak and other basketball people around him to advise him. Sure, Howard left. But he is a different type of guy. Mentally soft.

I know everything in LA is under a microscope, but I don't prescribe to the panic some in the media are portraying.

no thanks, he can join Rodman on the clown tour
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com