LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Robert Sacre has re-signed with the Los Angeles Lakers on a fully guaranteed, multi-year contract, a league source told RealGM.

The Lakers extended Sacre a qualifying offer before free agency, and both sides wanted a return beyond that one season proposal.

Sacre and Nash in 2014!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Werent you guys crying about Lebron Wade and Bosh teaming up but would be okay with Deng, Bryant, Gortat and Melo teaming up?

lol this...and some Lakers fans will differentiate it by random ambiguous argument.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I will believe it when I see it regarding Kobe taking a minimum salary. Pipe dream if you ask me.

Yea...I doubt Kobe will ever take vet. minimum while 'Melo signs for max deal. Way too much pride and ego there, IMO.
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Werent you guys crying about Lebron Wade and Bosh teaming up but would be okay with Deng, Bryant, Gortat and Melo teaming up?

How is Wade, Bosh, and Bron all in their primes teaming up the same as 37 year old Kobe, LUOL DENG, MARCIN GORTAT, and Carmelo Anthony?

Since when did Deng and Gortat turn into all-stars, let alone HOFers?

Wtf Val

Deng has been an All-Star the last 2 seasons, lol.

So Deng/Gortat a combined 2 all star appearances out of the combined 16 NBA seasons they've played...Bosh alone has 8 out of his 10 NBA seasons and had 5 back when he joined the Heatles...

I appreciate you fact checking but I hope my overall point sunk in as quickly as my error did

LOL @ you cherry picking Gortat.

Kobe, Melo, Deng is an all-star big three on par with LeBron, Wade, Bosh. And even worse since Kobe is taking $1 for one last desperate attempt at a championship. If LeBron took the minimum the critics would NEVER shut up.
No one should be mad that Riley did his job. Now the whole league is trying to do the same thing. Houston just did it Dallas tried but failed. You got NYK LAC and now LAL trying. Lakers trying to carve out space to stockpile stars. Its the game now and LAL of all people should understand this. Never understood the hate

How is Wade, Bosh, and Bron all in their primes teaming up the same as 37 year old Kobe, LUOL DENG, MARCIN GORTAT, and Carmelo Anthony?

Since when did Deng and Gortat turn into all-stars, let alone HOFers?

Wtf Val

Deng has been an All-Star the last 2 seasons, lol.

So Deng/Gortat a combined 2 all star appearances out of the combined 16 NBA seasons they've played...Bosh alone has 8 out of his 10 NBA seasons and had 5 back when he joined the Heatles...

I appreciate you fact checking but I hope my overall point sunk in as quickly as my error did

Kobe, Melo, Deng is an all-star big three on par with LeBron, Wade, Bosh. And even worse since Kobe is taking $1 for one last desperate attempt at a championship. If LeBron took the minimum the critics would NEVER shut up.

I brought up Gortat because Valrod brought up Gortat. It's called context.

Let me see you write a list of the top 20 players in the NBA RIGHT NOW to see where Kobe, Melo, and Deng would rank (if they're even on that list for you).

If you think Kobe at 35-36 post-ruptured achilles, Carmelo, and Luol Deng (and where they are in their respective careers) are equivalent to Bosh (top 10-15 player at the time), Bron (the best player in the league at the time), and Wade (a top 3 player in the league at the time) teaming up then...

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
No one should be mad that Riley did his job. Now the whole league is trying to do the same thing. Houston just did it Dallas tried but failed. You got NYK LAC and now LAL trying. Lakers trying to carve out space to stockpile stars. Its the game now and LAL of all people should understand this. Never understood the hate

To be fair, Ainge was the first to start the trend with the celtics, then the Lakers loaded up as well.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

To be fair, Ainge was the first to start the trend with the celtics, then the Lakers loaded up as well.

How about the Laker team with Malone, Payton, Shaq and Kobe? Of course two of those guys were old and washed up, but when they went there most people thought they had a ring on lock.

The hate with Miami was centered around Lebron. People hated him that offseason after the infamous "Decision."
Originally posted by sacniner:

How about the Laker team with Malone, Payton, Shaq and Kobe? Of course two of those guys were old and washed up, but when they went there most people thought they had a ring on lock.

The hate with Miami was centered around Lebron. People hated him that offseason after the infamous "Decision."

they had the ring on lock till Malone got hurt in the WCFs and his replacement was Slava Medvedenko (sp?) Couple that with Billups destroying Payton
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

they had the ring on lock till Malone got hurt in the WCFs and his replacement was Slava Medvedenko (sp?) Couple that with Billups destroying Payton

C'mon...that's not why they lost. Kobe's performance in those finals was turrible. He scored 22.6 point/game on 23 shots/game and shot 38% from field.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

C'mon...that's not why they lost. Kobe's performance in those finals was turrible. He scored 22.6 point/game on 23 shots/game and shot 38% from field.

The entire team was trash from the floor. Detroit defended very well that series. Kobe's whopping 38% was 2nd highest (not including Shaq since his shots were all around the basket)

• 4ML
  • Veteran

The entire team was trash from the floor. Detroit defended very well that series. Kobe's whopping 38% was 2nd highest (not including Shaq since his shots were all around the basket)

Of course, Detroit was a great defensive team....but it doesn't change that fact that Kobe struggled in that series and that was one of the biggest reasons why Lakers lost in 5 games.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jul 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM ]
Of course, Detroit was a great defensive team....but it doesn't change that fact that Kobe struggled in that series and that was one of the biggest reasons why Lakers lost in 5 games.

He was the only reason they didn't get swept and yes Kobe shot the ball like s**t with the exception of Game 2..Prince played great D on him... The Lakers also had no answer for Billups

Kobe in his 19th year vs LeBron in his prime? A liiiiiitle bit different.

Hell, in Kobe's prime, he was trying to get away from Shaq, not form the Super Friends.

Kobe will be in his NINETEENTH year when this happens.
I just realized that Cleveland signed Earl Clark to a 2-year $9 mill deal...wtf! How come we didn't do something about this? He is one of the few young athletic guys we had on our team and we just let him walk out? Didn't we own his bird rights too? The f**k!
[ Edited by GameOver on Jul 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone