There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
However, I don't know if I'll ever root for this team the same way I did when Jerry was the owner. I just flat out don't like Jim's decisions (I'm assuming he's calling some/many shots over Mitch).

Sorry Amp, you're my boy and all, but that's pretty f**king s**tty of you as a fan. Did you abandon the Niners when York took over and we went to s**t? Did you jump back on the bandwagon when the reigns were finally handed to Jed, the next generation of the family with the knowledge and passion that was needed to build a championship contender?

Eh, I don't know that calling out my fandom is deserving. Furthermore, equating bandwaggoning and my name is downright slander and pretty much the worst kind of insult I consider.

I simply don't like the direction of our franchise and won't support decisions I think are poor.

Well I know you aren't a bandwagon fan because you were on this site supporting them when we were s**tty. The question was rhetorical. lol

My point is if were were taken over by a s**tty owner and were crap for so many years and you still supported the Niners for all those years, why wouldn't you do the same for the Lakers?
However, I don't know if I'll ever root for this team the same way I did when Jerry was the owner. I just flat out don't like Jim's decisions (I'm assuming he's calling some/many shots over Mitch).

Sorry Amp, you're my boy and all, but that's pretty f**king s**tty of you as a fan. Did you abandon the Niners when York took over and we went to s**t? Did you jump back on the bandwagon when the reigns were finally handed to Jed, the next generation of the family with the knowledge and passion that was needed to build a championship contender?

Eh, I don't know that calling out my fandom is deserving. Furthermore, equating bandwaggoning and my name is downright slander and pretty much the worst kind of insult I consider.

I simply don't like the direction of our franchise and won't support decisions I think are poor.

Well I know you aren't a bandwagon fan because you were on this site supporting them when we were s**tty. The question was rhetorical. lol

My point is if were were taken over by a s**tty owner and were crap for so many years and you still supported the Niners for all those years, why wouldn't you do the same for the Lakers?

I could have probably said 'support' instead of 'root'. I will always root for the Lakers regardless of my support for their decisions.

I could have probably said 'support' instead of 'root'. I will always root for the Lakers regardless of my support for their decisions.

Yeah, and maybe not said ever, too. You telling me if Jeanie took over, or one of Jerry's grandkids someday, and built a powerhouse you wouldn't start supporting the decisions because of the poor choices jimmy made years ago? Ever is a long time, bro. Like forever ever. ForEVER EVER? lol

Yeah, and maybe not said ever, too. You telling me if Jeanie took over, or one of Jerry's grandkids someday, and built a powerhouse you wouldn't start supporting the decisions because of the poor choices jimmy made years ago? Ever is a long time, bro. Like forever ever. ForEVER EVER? lol

What can I say, I'm drunk and dramatic. Don't hold it against me.

What can I say, I'm drunk and dramatic. Don't hold it against me.

Well is that case, carry on.
Fandom being called out! Come on guys we are a lakers fan family on this forum. We have made it through the good and bad. No point stopping now!
thank god he's gone. don't care if he does good or bad, im just glad hes not a laker anymore.
So basically the plan is to suck this year (which is going to happen anyways with MDA as coach) and then make it rain next offseason?
Lottery pick and then old Kobe may have a couple more chances for #6. Sit him out until Jan.
Laker fans might cry foul, but I think the entire problem behind the Lakers franchise can be summed up into two words: Kobe Bryant. Unlike guys like Michael Jordan, who pretty much played on a dominant team that only required replacements for role players, the Lakers have had to go through several transitions through the Kobe era. And not just minor changes. We're talking losing star power like Shaq, Odom (to some extent), Fisher (to some extent), with the Lakers trying to replace that kind of play by acquiring big name players. The problem here is Kobe's willingness (or lack thereof) to budge and be a team player. Everyone and their mother knows this is Kobe's team, but it's his constant harpering and gesturing in public/media outlets that this is HIS team that irks players in my opinion. I dont know exactly what was said to Howard when he met up with the Lakers, but reports stating that Kobe was using statements like "I can teach you to be a champion" are unnecessary. We get it Kobe. You're a 5 time champion and the best thing thats happened to the NBA since Jordan. But do we constantly need to hear that from your mouth ? It might work with guys like Odom or Horry, but it can demoralize and discourage star players like Howard and Gasol, who then feel as if they have to adapt their games to your liking.

I think if Kobe (this late in his career) took a more nonchalante approach, maybe like Pierce or Wade, where the focus is about team success through individual sacrifices rather than "my team, my way" the Lakers would have a better chance at landing guys like Howard.

I HIGHLY doubt Melo or James would be willing to come to LA in 2 seasons if Kobe keeps up this antic. It's a different league where success is handled by committee. One great player does not equate to championships. Teams like the Spurs, Heat, Thunder are winning bc multiple players are allowed to play their game as long as each is willing to sacrifice a bit for the other. Kobe's attitude wont help recruit anyone and he's going to end up leaving this league with only 5 rings.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
F**kin Dwight Howard you scrub!!!!

Ok just wanted to vent see you all later.
lol, HV.
lol, HV.

lol this
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
lol, HV.

lol this

lol those
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by LA9erFan: