There are 252 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm still annoyed by the 2009 Finals, but as a Magic fan I think all of us can say f**k OFF to Dwight Howard

I'm definitely not annoyed by the 2009 Finals, and I don't say f**k off to Dwight. He clearly isn't the superstar he's labeled to be. That doesn't mean he isn't the best overall Center in the game, but his game has obvious holes, as does his character. I wanted him back simply as an asset, but if he chooses to leave, then so be it. I'm not upset over losing him.

I think Howard CAN be the superstar we all think he can be, but its clear he HAS to be "the man" in my opinion. He was THE MAN in Orlando. In Los Angeles, he was "the other guy" to Kobe Bryant. I think he will be the same in Houston to James Harden.

Howard will never win a championship. Mark my words. His game is too underdeveloped for this stage in his career. His post moves are like watching a car accident. He cannot hit a clutch (or any for that matter) free throw to save his life. He's too playful and doesn't do enough to work on his game and improve. I agree with 949er when he said that I only wanted him back as an asset. He's not a superstar and never will be.

If they think that Josh Smith and James Harden are going to be his savors he is very delusional.

You're talking to a fan of the team that drafted him bro.

Trust me, I know. He will win a title if he is on a team lead by someone else. That is what he is trying to do. He thought Kobe could...nope. He thinks Harden can....nope.
I don't have any ill will toward Dwight.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I guess now that I think from a Laker fans perspective, I understand.

Howard was IT in Orlando. He was just another guy for you. Imagine if Kobe left...that is how I took it.

Howard was IT in Orlando. He was just another guy for you. Imagine if Kobe left...that is how I took it.

To me, he played hard and through pain here in LA, during a God awful year, and decided to leave in free agency. Can't hate on the dude for that. I thought he jerked Orlando around and I think Magic fans have a right to dislike the guy for it, but he didn't do anything wrong in LA, IMO.

Point taken, but he's got a looooooooong way to go before he's at Kobe's level. I get what your saying, but I'm just saying. lol

Point taken, but he's got a looooooooong way to go before he's at Kobe's level. I get what your saying, but I'm just saying. lol

This
I agree with stoney. He's the best center in the league, but he has so much holes in his game that it's kinda sad that he's the best center in the league.

Honestly if DMC wasn't a dumb ass or if Bynum wasn't injury prone I dont think hed be the best in the league. His game relies so much/too much on his athleticism, he honestly isn't that talented lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Oh for sure. No comparison. Haha
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I agree with stoney. He's the best center in the league, but he has so much holes in his game that it's kinda sad that he's the best center in the league.

Honestly if DMC wasn't a dumb ass or if Bynum wasn't injury prone I dont think hed be the best in the league. His game relies so much/too much on his athleticism, he honestly isn't that talented lol

Yep. Howard has all the talent in the world, but has a lot of holes. Mainly his FTs and post moves. He has his hook shot and that is about it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yep. Howard has all the talent in the world, but has a lot of holes. Mainly his FTs and post moves. He has his hook shot and that is about it.

All players have holes in their games and Centers can often take longer to develop their offensive game. If Dwight works hard, there is no question he can improve his offensive skills.

On defense...it's not even close. Howard is too far ahead of Bynum and DMC.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jul 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

All players have holes in their games and Centers can often take longer to develop their offensive game. If Dwight works hard, there is no question he can improve his offensive skills.

Well of course. He hasn't reached his ceiling by any means. Even at this point, he is commanding double teams down low. That is why I think he was great in Orlando. Go ahead and double team him...he'll kick it out to Rashard/Hedo/etc...that is why I thought Golden State was his best option. He CAN improve...but he is approaching 30 now. He isn't 24 anymore.

On the defensive end, he is dominant. He controls the paint.

Howard has been in the league for 10 years. You would think he would have made some improvements in his offensive skills by now. I doubt he will ever put the time in to do it now.

Of course he can improve, but he's been trying to improve his offensive game for years with absolutely nothing to show for it. He may be ahead of the others defensively, but overall he's not that far ahead. If Bynum could actually stay on the court for a season or two, I think he'd easily be the best overall Center. Sucks for him that he can't. lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jul 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Haha, I remember this...

Top comment on the video is the best....and true...HAHA

I've never seen Dwight do any of this s**t.

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM ]
Haha, I remember this...

Top comment on the video is the best....and true...HAHA

I've never seen Dwight do any of this s**t.

Worked with Ewing with Orlando, worked with Hakeem with Orlando, worked with Kareem with the Lakers. Now back to Hakeem. lol
Share 49ersWebzone