There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by angelv05:
I just checked Facebook. Seen a bunch of Warrior fans describe a 2nd round exit as a "magical" and "great" season. Lol

Hey, dude. I get that it ain't s**t compared to what we're used to, but s**t. They've made the playoffs twice in 20 years. That's pretty f**king magical for them, IMO.

I guess lol. My Warrior buddies all jumped on me after the Lakers got beat so now I just think it's hilarious.
I just checked Facebook. Seen a bunch of Warrior fans describe a 2nd round exit as a "magical" and "great" season. Lol

It was a great season for the Warriors. Better than the Lakers this year anyway.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

It was a great season for the Warriors. Better than the Lakers this year anyway.

C'mon, you can do better than that. lol

Damn thats a pretty historic season for the Warriors then

You are right. Being better than the Lakers this year was nothing to brag about. Still, the Warriors beat the Nuggets without David Lee or Brandon Rush and took the Spurs to 6 games with a gimpy Curry and limited Bogut. I would say thats a pretty great year. No reason to ridicule that.

You are right. Being better than the Lakers this year was nothing to brag about. Still, the Warriors beat the Nuggets without David Lee or Brandon Rush and took the Spurs to 6 games with a gimpy Curry and limited Bogut. I would say thats a pretty great year. No reason to ridicule that.

Add up all those injuries on the warriors and it's still laughable to compare it to the injury situation the Lakers went through. But whatever you gotta do to make yourself feel better is alright with me.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9285372/phil-jackson-compares-michael-jordan-kobe-bryant-book
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9285372/phil-jackson-compares-michael-jordan-kobe-bryant-book

This.
I guess lol. My Warrior buddies all jumped on me after the Lakers got beat so now I just think it's hilarious.

the lakers didn't get beat, they got murdered, raped, and buried.
Add up all those injuries on the warriors and it's still laughable to compare it to the injury situation the Lakers went through. But whatever you gotta do to make yourself feel better is alright with me.

but the warriors played with ALOT MORE HEART and were alot more successful than the lakers in the playoffs. lol, the lakers didn't even try to compete. Charles Barkley said it best. (paraprhasing) "It looks like they're playing like they want to be on vacation early; they want to hit the LA beaches ASAP"
This surprises me:

"Jackson considers the Lakers' Game 7 victory over the Boston Celtics in the 2010 NBA Finals the most satisfying of his career"
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on May 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM ]
This surprises me:

"Jackson considers the Lakers' Game 7 victory over the Boston Celtics in the 2010 NBA Finals the most satisfying of his career"

why wouldn't it be. Unless you're using sarcasm, this no doubt should be the most satisfying. His teams never pushed a game 7 in the finals. His team were down 3-2 and came back to win it. Game 7 was soooooo very close also. The Celtics could've easily won that series. Such a close series. I don't think none of Phil's teams that won a championship were ever pushed that hard. (maybe against the kings in the wcf) And IIRC, is that finals win victory is where he surpasses Red for the most titles ever for a coach? If so, then the ironing of the situation.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

but the warriors played with ALOT MORE HEART and were alot more successful than the lakers in the playoffs. lol, the lakers didn't even try to compete. Charles Barkley said it best. (paraprhasing) "It looks like they're playing like they want to be on vacation early; they want to hit the LA beaches ASAP"

hell ya they did. we looked like a dead fish at times, anybody telling you any differently is just trolling.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

aren't you a Kings fan? or did you jump the bandwagon to the Warriors?

didn't try to compete? lol they were playing some of the best basketball in the League in the 2nd half of the year....Everybody knew they were done once Kobe went down
Go kings
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com