LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
Do you guys think Phil is an attention whore at all? Last time he had a hiatus from coaching, he wrote that book that had some juicy stuff about the Kobe/Shaq thing. Now, the Jordan/Kobe thing. And his media tour where he is giving all these details about the Laker's coaching situation last year.

I know he is trying to make money off his book, but does he really need it? Is this more so he can get his attention and stay relevant? I think he loves the attention... that is why his book contains those "controversial" things that get people talking.

LOL. Just a little. I've read 3 separate Phil Jackson headlines in the last 24 hours.
So it looks like I'll be hosting a podcast through LakersGround, with the backing/financial support of the site. It will likely be a roundtable type of thing, where me and a couple of other guys will talk Lakers. The target audience is going to be more hardcore fans than regular sports talk radio, with more in depth discussions on things like coaching strategies, scouting reports, front office moves, etc. It will incorporate things like trade rumors as well, just like normal talk radio, but will certainly have a geekier vibe to it, overall. We want it sound like a bunch of very informed dudes shooting the s**t about the Lakers. It's a few months away from hitting the air, but I'm excited for the opportunity.

To this end, there are some rumblings about a Phil return. Someone on LG posted that they had inside info about it being a done deal. Privately, someone with some Laker connections said that he's not totally off base, but it's nowhere near being done. Phil & Jeanie are trying and have recruited Dwight to the cause. (hence the stories that are coming out) Kobe has been recruited as well, but it's uncertain how far he'd go to push MDA out. If he gets on board, MDA is likely gone and Phil is likely in.

This is a rumor, and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. But that's the rumblings right now.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
So it looks like I'll be hosting a podcast through LakersGround, with the backing/financial support of the site. It will likely be a roundtable type of thing, where me and a couple of other guys will talk Lakers. The target audience is going to be more hardcore fans than regular sports talk radio, with more in depth discussions on things like coaching strategies, scouting reports, front office moves, etc. It will incorporate things like trade rumors as well, just like normal talk radio, but will certainly have a geekier vibe to it, overall. We want it sound like a bunch of very informed dudes shooting the s**t about the Lakers. It's a few months away from hitting the air, but I'm excited for the opportunity.

To this end, there are some rumblings about a Phil return. Someone on LG posted that they had inside info about it being a done deal. Privately, someone with some Laker connections said that he's not totally off base, but it's nowhere near being done. Phil & Jeanie are trying and have recruited Dwight to the cause. (hence the stories that are coming out) Kobe has been recruited as well, but it's uncertain how far he'd go to push MDA out. If he gets on board, MDA is likely gone and Phil is likely in.

This is a rumor, and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. But that's the rumblings right now.

That's awesome about the podcast. Will definitely check it out.

And I would be thrilled to have Phil back. I can't imagine anybody that would be against the idea, including Kobe.
I'm down for the idea of pushing MDA out and I will check out the podcast
you guys should bring back Brian Shaw
Kobe made First Team All-NBA for a record-tying 11th time.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That's awesome about the podcast. Will definitely check it out.

And I would be thrilled to have Phil back. I can't imagine anybody that would be against the idea, including Kobe.

ALL OF THIS.

You shoulda heard the warriors play by play guy Bob Fitzgerald on the radio. Saying how Curry got robbed and Kobe didn't deserve to be on the First team because the Lakers were so horrible this year. lol

You shoulda heard the warriors play by play guy Bob Fitzgerald on the radio. Saying how Curry got robbed and Kobe didn't deserve to be on the First team because the Lakers were so horrible this year. lol

Fitzgerald is an idiot and ever since the Warriors started becoming relevant he's become one of the biggest homers
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Fitzgerald is an idiot and ever since the Warriors started becoming relevant he's become one of the biggest homers

Unfortunately, i agree with this. The votes shouldn't matter about the team's performance; rather than the players'

And if the warriors were sooo horrible, didn't they only finish one game better than the lakers?!?!

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
you guys should trade for Mike Brown

fixed
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol...the guy is tripping. Curry got robbed of all-star nod, not all-nba teams. He's not there yet. All-NBA teams are hard to make. James Harden made the 3rd team...and he had an amazing season. Curry won't make the 4th team if they had one.
I'm kinda hoping Dwight leaves. The best case scenario would be that he re-signs and we trade him at the deadline or next summer, but I think that's unlikely.

If he walks, I think we'd be smart to approach Kobe and see if he'd be agreeable to a trade, because we're blowing it up. Chicago makes sense for all parties involved, IMO. I'm hoping that Pau's gone either way. Supposedly Charlotte is interested in him.
I'm kinda hoping Dwight leaves. The best case scenario would be that he re-signs and we trade him at the deadline or next summer, but I think that's unlikely.

If he walks, I think we'd be smart to approach Kobe and see if he'd be agreeable to a trade, because we're blowing it up. Chicago makes sense for all parties involved, IMO. I'm hoping that Pau's gone either way. Supposedly Charlotte is interested in him.

Trade Kobe?

Trade Kobe?

I cant believe he said that
Share 49ersWebzone