There are 181 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

bump
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Well that was a bittersweet win. One of our better defensive efforts of the season.

Wait, how was it bitter sweet? The team played a great game without Kobe. Is it just because Kobe is down and out?

My biggest complaint with this team this year has been the effort level. I've just hated watching other teams play much, much harder than us, especially on the defensive end. Just seemed like everyone went "oh s**t, Kobe's out" last night, and stepped up the intensity by several degrees. That effort level + Kobe could have made a lot of noise in the playoffs.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
them new Kobe's doe

.....lol...
Well that was a bittersweet win. One of our better defensive efforts of the season.

Wait, how was it bitter sweet? The team played a great game without Kobe. Is it just because Kobe is down and out?

My biggest complaint with this team this year has been the effort level. I've just hated watching other teams play much, much harder than us, especially on the defensive end. Just seemed like everyone went "oh s**t, Kobe's out" last night, and stepped up the intensity by several degrees. That effort level + Kobe could have made a lot of noise in the playoffs.

Well I definitely agree with that. They would just get Kobe the ball and clear out. Like you said, with Kobe and the effort from last night, the record would be a helluva lot better than it is.
9-3 w/ Alex Smith starting
Well I definitely agree with that. They would just get Kobe the ball and clear out. Like you said, with Kobe and the effort from last night, the record would be a helluva lot better than it is.

It's more on the defensive end that I'm talking about. We sucked on offense, and still beat a damn good team.

NBA players are notorious for the "give more effort when the ball is moving and everyone feels involved" crap... Remember shaq diesel quote if the big dog is not fed the house will not be protected... Lakers have complained a bunch this year about who's team is it , which style should they play, yesterday was refreshing to see ball movement and happy players
Originally posted by corona55569:
Lakers have complained a bunch this year about who's team is it

Uh.....no they haven't. There was never a doubt of any player or coach that this was Kobe's team.
If the Lakers beat Houston tomorrow, they climb into the 7th spot. If they were to advance to the next round and the warriors do as well, we would meet up with them.
If the Lakers beat Houston tomorrow, they climb into the 7th spot. If they were to advance to the next round and the warriors do as well, we would meet up with them.

LOL.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

LOL.

This place would burn.

LOL.

I know, a VERY big if, but interesting possibility.

LOL.

I know, a VERY big if, but interesting possibility.

Wonder what kind of odds in Vegas you could get for the Warriors beating Denver AND the Lakers beating San Antonio without Kobe. 100-1?
lawlz.

SASHA

Originally posted by valrod33:
lawlz.

SASHA

Share 49ersWebzone