There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I didn't see it yet, but reports are Kobe was tearing up in the locker room interview. Says he's done for the season.

I watched it and yea it was sad to watch

Longlivethe2002Kings
I didn't see it yet, but reports are Kobe was tearing up in the locker room interview. Says he's done for the season.

Yeah I'm not watching that

Dude grinded his ass off during this s**t storm of a year. Respect.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM ]
Holy s**t. I had no idea I would be watching Kobe Bryant's final game tonight.

After a torn Achilles though, it's over. What a career. Nothing but the greatest respect for one of the greatest.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

After a torn Achilles though, it's over. What a career. Nothing but the greatest respect for one of the greatest.

No so fast.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

C'mon man. Arguably, nobody in the history of the NBA has worked harder than Kobe. Nobody. While he's already on the downside of his career, the guy will come back and play.
I dunno!? Kobe was already saying he may retire after next season. A torn achillies takes a long while to heal, and even when it does it takes time like with Dwight(different injury)to get back into form. If he has to sit out half the year next year, will it be worth it? You can't question Kobe's desire, but he said he was already fed up with the grind every offseason and now he has to grind through just to get rehabilitated. I just remember Memo Okur tearing his in the playoffs and he tried to come back to no avail.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I dunno!? Kobe was already saying he may retire after next season. A torn achillies takes a long while to heal, and even when it does it takes time like with Dwight(different injury)to get back into form. If he has to sit out half the year next year, will it be worth it? You can't question Kobe's desire, but he said he was already fed up with the grind every offseason and now he has to grind through just to get rehabilitated. I just remember Memo Okur tearing his in the playoffs and he tried to come back to no avail.

You just compared Mehmet Okur to Kobe f**king Bryant.
If this is it for Kobe, it's fitting. He went balls to the wall until he just...broke. It isn't ceremonious, but I can't think of a more appropriate ending.

He was referred to as Memo here and no I didn't. I compared injuries.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM ]

No I didn't. I compared injuries.

Naw, you did. lol
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If this is it for Kobe, it's fitting. He went balls to the wall until he just...broke. It isn't ceremonious, but I can't think of a more appropriate ending.

I don't think he's done. No way. He goes out on his terms. When he says he's done.
Naw, you did. lol

Touche' but I don't see what you're getting at. I didn't compare their playing abilities. A torn achillies is a torn achillies. I guess there is a diff. between a ruptured and a torn? Still a big injury if I'm not mistaken.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Apr 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM ]
Naw, you did. lol

Touche' but I don't see what you're getting at. I didn't compare their playing abilities. A torn achillies is a torn achillies.

not really, If I got a torn achilles I would be out for life and and be collecting disability instead of going to my office job
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

This won't be it for him. He was having such a great season...there is no way he was going to retire after next season.

I don't know if any other coach would have let Kobe play 48 minutes a game. He should have given him 5 minutes of rest in each half.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com