LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
they will rebuild him he will be back the dude is too much a warrior to go out like that.

MVP....MVP.....MVP
You guys see his long ass post on FB? Was kind of sad but was bad ass

I loved a quote he used in it- "if I get in a fight with a bear, you better help the bear"
Originally posted by marshniners24:
You guys see his long ass post on FB? Was kind of sad but was bad ass

I loved a quote he used in it- "if I get in a fight with a bear, you better help the bear"

He was all drugged up lol
I just can't believe that happened...this has got to be the biggest s**tshow of a season I've ever witnessed...f**k

Kobe, there is no shame in calling it quits after surgery. There is no shame in wanting to be able to walk and properly function in the later years of your life. Don't sacrifice your well being for immediate results. Obviously, the surgery and rehab process could turn to be do-able and not too grueling, but you're getting to the point where you need to think about life after basketball. I don't know what the long-term repercussions are for putting your body through this for 17+ seasons but if any medical professionals are telling you (while going through the recovery process) that your body just can't or shouldn't, then there's no shame in hanging it up. I don't think any of us want to see you as a 40 year old man in a wheelchair/crutches because theres no more life in those legs. Maybe I'm just looking at things way too pessimistically and my non-expert opinion is outlandish and has no merit. It's possible...but regardless, go about this process with your mind, not your heart.

It's Pau's team now. Pau's been playing great the last couple of games and was aggressive again after Kobe last night too. Pau, show us why we were wrong in criticizing you these last few years. Show us why you're one of the most talented bigs in the game. Lead us to the promise land.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Apr 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM ]

Kobe is my favorite player but I HATE THE LAKERS. However, seeing the lakers in the playoffs>utah in the playoffs.

He will be the mvp next season
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I didn't see it yet, but reports are Kobe was tearing up in the locker room interview. Says he's done for the season.

Dude grinded his ass off during this s**t storm of a year. Respect.

Yup Much Respect ! The guy has been my favorite Laker since he got in the league. My girl says im to hard on him. But its only cus I expect alot from him(The Laker Way). But Damn, The Gods tried to make sure Kobe was not gonna win anything in this years playoffs by allowing him to get injured again, but this time something he cant comeback from so early. Time after time he would get injured and comeback from injuries that would knock out a normal player out for the year. But not the Mamba! Not this time the Gods must have said ! Uggggh what a disaster of a season.

What now fellas? Normally there would be a next man up chant! But not this year, not with this squad!
Originally posted by jrg:

That quote is a little out of context. He meant it as "are you kidding me, you're asking me that question right now?!" lol

And that pic of him on the gerny is hilarious. He's like "wtf".
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That quote is a little out of context. He meant it as "are you kidding me, you're asking me that question right now?!" lol

And that pic of him on the gerny is hilarious. He's like "wtf".

Yea, I saw that interview. Man, that was tough to watch. It's good to see him in better spirit today, in that picture.

I'm not even a Lakers fan, but I want D'Antoni out...this is the 2nd player he has done this too. Worst HC in the game today...you're supposed to be an offensive genius and you couldn't figure out to give your star player a 5 minute rest each half without losing efficiency on the court? He should be fired the day the season ends.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 13, 2013 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
alright well its time to fire D'antoni for running Kobe into the ground

I cannot believe that D'Antoni was going to play Kobe 48 minutes on back to back games. I guess he thinks the guy is 24 years old. I dont know if it helped lead to the injury but it was a stupid decision.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yea, I saw that interview. Man, that was tough to watch. It's good to see him in better spirit today, in that picture.

I'm not even a Lakers fan, but I want D'Antoni out...this is the 2nd player he has done this too. Worst HC in the game today...you're supposed to be an offensive genius and you couldn't figure out to give your star player a 5 minute rest each half without losing efficiency on the court? He should be fired the day the season ends.

he sliced Kobe's achilles?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

he sliced Kobe's achilles?

Pretty much. As a coach, you've to do what is best for your team. You have to manage your players. That is your no.1 job. He is the reason Amare has f**ked up knees and he is the reason for Kobe's injury.
That interview was real tough to watch. I still can't believe he tore his ACL. I figured he'd get up after the two previous times during the game where he got banged up and played through it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I'still can't bieve it! All time favorite player! I love the Lakers, but its not the same without KB24.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by titan:
I'still can't bieve it! All time favorite player! I love the Lakers, but its not the same without KB24.

Don't worry the dynasty will prevail.
Share 49ersWebzone