There are 244 users in the forums

**MVP LeBron James & World Champion Miami HEAT 2012-2013 Thread**

We'll give you Bonner, Splitter, and Diaw for Bosh.

It will be Bosh, Tim, Parker, Leonard and Green starting for SA !!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Miami can't find a legitimate C to play alongside Bosh...I'd like Bosh get traded for a young talent and 14M exception. Use that exception to land an all-star caliber player who fits the need.

IMO, a legitimate C would hurt Miami more than he would help them. In order to the play the drive & kick system that they run, they need to space the floor. Riley knows this, and that's why instead of going after big guys, he went and quadrupled up on shooters like Miller, Battier, Allen, & Lewis.

I'm not sure who would be available for a $14M exception, and Miami doesn't have much in the way of picks that would need to go along with that. The only team that comes to mind that I know is looking to clear cap space is Boston, and I don't think they'd be interested in helping Miami, interested in what they'd have to offer, and I don't think KG would be an upgrade.

I felt pretty confident that Miami would win these last two titles, but I don't think they win it next year. I think that team shot their wad with this title run, very reminiscent of the '10 Lakers. But that 3rd title is the one that puts you in that next level of all-time great teams, IMO. 80's Celtics & Lakers, 90's Bulls, early 2000's Lakers, Spurs, etc.

I agree with most of it...but spacing the floor can be done by 2 or 3 shooters. If Miami doesn't find a Center to play alongside Bosh...I'd trade him (just as an example) to Utah for Derrick Favors. He can post up, he can hit the 15 footer (and improving), can rebound against anyone, can protect the rim, and plays pretty good defense for a guy who has been in the league for 2 years. With the 14M exception...you can do a lot of things near the deadline and a lot of teams get desperate.

We'll see about the 3-peat. IMO, they will go for it big time. I expect a move or two this off-season.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

You sure you don't want Wade for Ginobili?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
grats lebron
I agree with most of it...but spacing the floor can be done by 2 or 3 shooters. If Miami doesn't find a Center to play alongside Bosh...I'd trade him (just as an example) to Utah for Derrick Favors. He can post up, he can hit the 15 footer (and improving), can rebound against anyone, can protect the rim, and plays pretty good defense for a guy who has been in the league for 2 years. With the 14M exception...you can do a lot of things near the deadline and a lot of teams get desperate.

We'll see about the 3-peat. IMO, they will go for it big time. I expect a move or two this off-season.

I don't think they can hold onto that $14M exception and hope that someone becomes available. You're playing with fire in a year where LeBron has an opt out. Do you really want to lessen the talent level of the team in hopes of something good popping up? What if it doesn't? You're gonna have a pissed off LeBron James who can walk at the end of the year. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I don't think a TPE has been flipped for a significant player in this new CBA. That's way too risky of a strategy, IMO.

And while I like Favors, Bosh is a significantly better player today.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I don't think they can hold onto that $14M exception and hope that someone becomes available. You're playing with fire in a year where LeBron has an opt out. Do you really want to lessen the talent level of the team in hopes of something good popping up? What if it doesn't? You're gonna have a pissed off LeBron James who can walk at the end of the year. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I don't think a TPE has been flipped for a significant player in this new CBA. That's way too risky of a strategy, IMO.

And while I like Favors, Bosh is a significantly better player today.

True...fair points. But, if Miami is going to keep Lebron long term, they have to acquire couple of young talented players around him...unless they're okay with paying ridiculous tax next summer.

It will be a very interesting summer in Miami. IMO, they have two options. Land a Center who can play 28-30 minutes a game next to Bosh or trade Bosh to acquire guy(s) who can rebound and protect the rim. Of course, they can play it out with the current roster...but Riley will be stupid to not do something after what Indiana did to this team.

Unless he asks to be traded, he will quit as a Spurs. That's how loyal we are. You only get these 3 for Bosh. The kicker is you get insider information on how a real franchise is run.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Unless he asks to be traded, he will quit as a Spurs. That's how loyal we are. You only get these 3 for Bosh. The kicker is you get insider information on how a real franchise is run.

I wasn't gonna do this, but...after that comment I gotta point out, man...

After all those years Popovich implemented Hack-A-Shaq; even used it against the Warriors this season...it was fitting that the Spurs lost their 5th championship at the charity strip.

Oh...and RUN THIS

After all those years Popovich implemented Hack-A-Shaq; even used it against the Warriors this season...it was fitting that the Spurs lost their 5th championship at the charity strip.

Oh...and RUN THIS

Another bought player.
Another bought player.

Being bitter doesn't bring any chips. Aside from this Miami now has 3 to SAS 4 so the real franchise comment can't be serious. Every player is paid and everyone on Miami team took a PAYCUT!!! This team will most likely 3PEAT because they have the best player in the world by a large margin in uniform next season. Wow!! No one was crying when DAL, BOS, and LAL had payrolls in excess of $90 million dollars annually and Miami hasn't reached that plateau yet. And I remember the Spurs TANKING A SEASON while sitting David Robinson and most all of their starting lineup to get the number 1 overall pick in the draft to select Duncan. Because of this the NBA changed the rules and went to an NBA draft lottery system. A little tidbit of info for the people who proclaim such things as BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!

IMO, a legitimate C would hurt Miami more than he would help them. In order to the play the drive & kick system that they run, they need to space the floor. Riley knows this, and that's why instead of going after big guys, he went and quadrupled up on shooters like Miller, Battier, Allen, & Lewis.

I'm not sure who would be available for a $14M exception, and Miami doesn't have much in the way of picks that would need to go along with that. The only team that comes to mind that I know is looking to clear cap space is Boston, and I don't think they'd be interested in helping Miami, interested in what they'd have to offer, and I don't think KG would be an upgrade.

I felt pretty confident that Miami would win these last two titles, but I don't think they win it next year. I think that team shot their wad with this title run, very reminiscent of the '10 Lakers. But that 3rd title is the one that puts you in that next level of all-time great teams, IMO. 80's Celtics & Lakers, 90's Bulls, early 2000's Lakers, Spurs, etc.

get a big man that can hit the 3
Dirk
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Oh...and RUN THIS

Another bought player.

Yeup...completely within the rules...and wayyyy more ethical than hack-a-shaq
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Another bought player.

Being bitter doesn't bring any chips. Aside from this Miami now has 3 to SAS 4 so the real franchise comment can't be serious. Every player is paid and everyone on Miami team took a PAYCUT!!! This team will most likely 3PEAT because they have the best player in the world by a large margin in uniform next season. Wow!! No one was crying when DAL, BOS, and LAL had payrolls in excess of $90 million dollars annually and Miami hasn't reached that plateau yet. And I remember the Spurs TANKING A SEASON while sitting David Robinson and most all of their starting lineup to get the number 1 overall pick in the draft to select Duncan. Because of this the NBA changed the rules and went to an NBA draft lottery system. A little tidbit of info for the people who proclaim such things as BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!

Naa...Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili play for free.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Although I agree with most of this, the draft lottery was put in place long before '97. And Boston actually had the best odds of winning the lottery but the Spurs did.
I'm starting to think that people have more forgiveness for Mike Vick running a dog fighting rink and Ray Lewis being connected(allegedly) to a homicide than they have for Lebron leaving a basketball team and, stupidly, running a live, national television program to announce his departure. The hate is unparalleled.
Share 49ersWebzone