Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Projected depth chart:

C Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli
PF David Lee, Draymond Green
SF Andre Iguodala, Harrison Barnes
SG Klay Thompson, Kent Bazemore, Kevin Murphy
PG Stephen Curry, Nemanja Nedovic

It's not a bad depth chart. I look forward to seeing Bazemore get some more playing time. Ezeli, Green, and Barnes will all be productive off the bench. Green and Barnes can play small ball 4. The only question mark is Nedovic.

Keep in mind that while losing Jack is a bummer, Iguodala can also handle the ball and take some pressure off Curry. Iggy is like a point-forward and he won't turn the ball over like Jack, plus he's a superior defender.

This trade made us better, but not title contenders. That only would have happened if we managed to get Iggy and Howard. Iggy is a guy the Warriors have long coveted, so I'm not surprised to see us use all our expiring contracts and a few draft picks to get him, rather than wait for next years FA.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Projected depth chart:

C Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli
PF David Lee, Draymond Green
SF Andre Iguodala, Harrison Barnes
SG Klay Thompson, Kent Bazemore, Kevin Murphy
PG Stephen Curry, Nemanja Nedovic

It's not a bad depth chart. I look forward to seeing Bazemore get some more playing time. Ezeli, Green, and Barnes will all be productive off the bench. Green and Barnes can play small ball 4. The only question mark is Nedovic.

Keep in mind that while losing Jack is a bummer, Iguodala can also handle the ball and take some pressure off Curry. Iggy is like a point-forward and he won't turn the ball over like Jack, plus he's a superior defender.

This trade made us better, but not title contenders. That only would have happened if we managed to get Iggy and Howard. Iggy is a guy the Warriors have long coveted, so I'm not surprised to see us use all our expiring contracts and a few draft picks to get him, rather than wait for next years FA.

stopped reading after noticed it was upside down
That center spot
I don't know if the dubs are better if they're losing both landry and Jack. They need a bench, BAD.
we probably gave iggy 48 mill because he will be closing out games for us when we have the lead
What are the chances we have nuff money to sign JJ Hickson? I think he'd be the perfect replacement for Landry.

Nvm, Marcus coincidentally answered it via twitter

Marcus Thompson: I don't think so RT @RoyGeorgeChen do the Warriors still have the capability to sign a good backup center like JJ Hickson?
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Jul 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM ]
Darren Collision?
Originally posted by schmons:
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojYahooNBA

Warriors still working to make moves, so my suggestion they're out of play with Dwight Howard is premature. They have tentacles everywhere.

warriors got tentacles

TENTACLE RAPE
sign greg oden
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
Darren Collision?

Dcoll and JJ and championship
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If you're the Lakers, how do you not strongly consider a S&T for Bogut and Barnes now???

They were always strongly considering that. Dwight has to make up his mind though. S&T can't happen without his consent.

The real question to me is, why in the world would you pick Houston, TX over the Bay Area?

because you're dumb?

taxes
Can the Warriors use a mid-level exception to sign a FA, even if it puts them over the cap? I'm not 100% clear on how NBA free agency works.
still need that back up pg..
Sooo how much $$ do you guys have? you cleared 24 and signed Iggy for 12 so you have 12?
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Sooo how much $$ do you guys have? you cleared 24 and signed Iggy for 12 so you have 12?

I think it's less than that. Curry's salary spiked from $4 mil to $10 mil. Bogut and Lee salary each increased by $1 mil. We probably don't have much space.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com