There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Mark Heisler @MarkHeisler
Source: #Warriors are expected to get #D12's max slot by packaging expiring deals w/No. 1 picks... If that's all Dwight needs, he's theirs.

8:49 AM - 5 Jul 2013

• IT21
  • Veteran
• CBSSports.com: "League sources tell CBSSports.com that Golden State has offered the likes of Andrew Bogut, Andris Biedrins and Richard Jefferson to the Hawks, Cavaliers and Jazz. … One person briefed on Golden State's cap-clearing efforts told CBSSports.com that the team is intent on clearing room regardless of Howard's decision. If Howard says no to Golden State, the Warriors are expected to use the room — if successful in moving contracts — to chase another max-level free agent such as Denver forward Andre Iguodala, the person said."

lol called it a couple pages ago..
If we're not getting Dwight why don't we just wait a year instead of trading away first round picks and any other assets

Also, don't expiring contracts get more valuable at the trade deadline? Are we really that impatient

And who's gonna be our starting center if we trade Bogut, Biedrins, dont get Dwight? Ezeli is injured
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM ]
if the warriors did a sign and trade with the lakers, id give them bogut (doesn't demand the ball like dwight, kobe can take as many shots as he wants, hes slow just like the rest of the lakers), brandon rush (didn't they try to sign him the other year??), and an expiring contract. maybe a draft pick to sweeten the deal. lol!

those would all be expiring contracts next year i think.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
lol called it a couple pages ago..
If we're not getting Dwight why don't we just wait a year instead of trading away first round picks and any other assets

Also, don't expiring contracts get more valuable at the trade deadline? Are we really that impatient

And who's gonna be our starting center if we trade Bogut, Biedrins, dont get Dwight? Ezeli is injured

trades and free agent signing are not official until july 10th so the warriors can back out of any deal
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Mark Heisler @MarkHeisler
Source: #Warriors are expected to get #D12's max slot by packaging expiring deals w/No. 1 picks... If that's all Dwight needs, he's theirs.

8:49 AM - 5 Jul 2013

Yea..Bogut is an asset - a lot of teams will love to take over his contract from Warriors.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
We don't know that. In fact, I'd have a hard time believing that Harrison Barnes is a deciding factor for Dwight. Curry, Klay, & Lee are still better than Harden, Parsons, & Lin.

And I don't think losing Dwight for nothing is the worst case scenario.

Just going off with what is being reported.

What else can be the worse than that?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
i don't know why you guys want that cancer Howard. you already have a top 5 starting lineup. Trading young talent like Barnes or Klay is stupid for an emotional little girl like Dwight.

He's a young guy who is a top 5 player in the league. Ppl were sayin' Lebron can't win championships two years back. I'd love to see Miami trade Bosh for Dwight if it was possible.
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by teeohh:
This on twitter?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m Just added to ESPN's latest Dwight story: Sources say Warriors and Jazz have opened talks on trade that would send Andrew Bogut to Jazz

ESPNSteinLine Jazz have expressed strongest interest to date in Bogut, sources say. No surprise after Al Jefferson's departure and Bogut's college ties

ahh yes leave the stupid lakers out of it all together!
who's got leverage now?

Trading Bogut isn't the hard part.
Originally posted by schmons:
if the warriors did a sign and trade with the lakers, id give them bogut (doesn't demand the ball like dwight, kobe can take as many shots as he wants, hes slow just like the rest of the lakers), brandon rush (didn't they try to sign him the other year??), and an expiring contract. maybe a draft pick to sweeten the deal. lol!

those would all be expiring contracts next year i think.

And the Lakers would laugh, say no, and hang up the phone.

What the Lakers don't get = Andrew Bogut (expiring contract), Brandon Rush (expiring contract), expiring contract, pick.

What the Warriors don't get = Dwight Howard on a 4 year contract.

Who has more to lose there? And why in the world would the Lakers trade for expiring contracts rather than just letting an already expiring contract expire?
  • IT21
  • Veteran
I still don't see Dwight coming here
I just hope we don't clear all our cap space to give Iguodala a max contract. He'd be nice but we don't need him, especially if were giving him a huge contract.

Now if we go after someone like Aldridge in a trade, and add a couple years to his contract (he only has 2 years left) then I'd love that.
I also like Josh Smith, I don't know how realistic that is either. But I don't want to give Iguodala a max contract..
i dont think lebron would come to LA in 2014

idk why people would think that would happen. Lakers should sign and trade to get a couple young pieces at least
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
And the Lakers would laugh, say no, and hang up the phone.

What the Lakers don't get = Andrew Bogut (expiring contract), Brandon Rush (expiring contract), expiring contract, pick.

What the Warriors don't get = Dwight Howard on a 4 year contract.

Who has more to lose there? And why in the world would the Lakers trade for expiring contracts rather than just letting an already expiring contract expire?

yeah i just looked and lakers dont have much salary obligations for next year anyways.
[ Edited by schmons on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
i dont think lebron would come to LA in 2014

idk why people would think that would happen

lol he's gonna stay in Miami
As things currently stand, Houston/Dallas/Atlanta are the teams with leverage over the Lakers, because they can sign him outright. Not true of the Dubs. Some of the deals you guys are suggesting are mind-boggling. A huge part of negotiation is understanding what the other party has to lose. If the Dubs are willing to lose out on Dwight Howard because they won't go beyond offering something silly like Bogut/Rush/1st, it would be one of the worst mistakes in franchise history.

The Warriors would have to give value back in exchange for Howard unless they're able to dump Bogut, Jefferson, & Biedrins, at which point they wouldn't need to make a trade in the first place. But the Lakers will just let him walk if they don't get what they view as acceptable value in return for him.
There's literally a thread on a kings forum titled "Help GS get Howard?"

Lulzzz and then those f**ktards say to trade for bogut, Barnes, and a first and then you guys just sign Howard....

The point is you don't want to trade Barnes so why would trading him to the kings solve anything? People on that site are retarded
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com