LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

• teeohh
  • Veteran
When is espn airing Howard's decision
Originally posted by vrabbit:
look who's going to be featured in the next 2K ...

http://instagram.com/p/bR5daRuPSm/

LOL!
I'm still 50-50 on the potential acquisition of D12. I really hope we don't get rid of Barnes.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'm still 50-50 on the potential acquisition of D12. I really hope we don't get rid of Barnes.

I hear you about moving Barnes. Quite honestly, I think the chance of a sign and trade to the Warriors is VERY remote. Almost nil.

However, if Howard does want to come to the Warriors I think you have to gamble and make a deal. As much as I like Curry, Barnes, and Klay together, they wont win a title without a dominant big man. Bogut has just one year left and I dont think he can hold up for the season anyway. Now, if I knew for sure that the Warriors could get Marc Gasol as a FA after next year by waiting it out I wouldnt make the deal. BUT, it is just so hard to get a max player away from his team these days. Even with all the money coming off the books there will be no guarantee that they can land a dominant guy.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I hear you about moving Barnes. Quite honestly, I think the chance of a sign and trade to the Warriors is VERY remote. Almost nil.

However, if Howard does want to come to the Warriors I think you have to gamble and make a deal. As much as I like Curry, Barnes, and Klay together, they wont win a title without a dominant big man. Bogut has just one year left and I dont think he can hold up for the season anyway. Now, if I knew for sure that the Warriors could get Marc Gasol as a FA after next year by waiting it out I wouldnt make the deal. BUT, it is just so hard to get a max player away from his team these days. Even with all the money coming off the books there will be no guarantee that they can land a dominant guy.

i hear what you're saying. it's a huge gamble. there's D12, a very talented center in his prime with maturity issues and lingering injury issues the past couple seasons. if you miss out on him, the 2014 free agent class has a lot of great players, but nothing is ever a guarantee, and that goes for Gasol in 2015 as well. Marc Gasol would fit perfectly with our team.
i hear what you're saying. it's a huge gamble. there's D12, a very talented center in his prime with maturity issues and lingering injury issues the past couple seasons. if you miss out on him, the 2014 free agent class has a lot of great players, but nothing is ever a guarantee, and that goes for Gasol in 2015 as well. Marc Gasol would fit perfectly with our team.

Gasol will be 30 then. Damn time flies
Originally posted by YungAce:

Gasol will be 30 then. Damn time flies

wow. didn't even realize that. but he's pretty durable. doesn't spend every waking minute playing in the post with his decent mid range
Warriors meeting with Josh Smith, however, Smith doesn't seem very interested in signing with the Warriors.
ESPNSteinLine: First surprise of week on Dwight front: Sources say Golden State made real impression on Howard in their meeting and have become a factor
ESPNSteinLine: Rockets/Mavs clearly still have better shot to steal Dwight from Lakers than Warriors. But Dubs, I'm told, have forced way into conversation

• Hopper
  • Veteran
If the Lakers aren't open to a sign and trade they deserve to lose him for nothing.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
ESPNSteinLine: First surprise of week on Dwight front: Sources say Golden State made real impression on Howard in their meeting and have become a factor

Unless D12 really wants to be in Texas, I honestly feel like the Dubs give him the best chance to make it to the finals.

Unless D12 really wants to be in Texas, I honestly feel like the Dubs give him the best chance to make it to the finals.

I think Houston gives him a great shot too. I like their roster.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I think Houston gives him a great shot too. I like their roster.

true, but Lin and Asik might be going if they're serious about pairing Howard with Josh Smith. after that, it becomes a real depth issue.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

No income tax right? Dude has got 5 baby mamas supposedly
Share 49ersWebzone