LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Dont forget about Brandon Rush too.

I believe he's a free agent next offseason, but you would retain his Bird Rights. But his cap hold (the dollar amount that would be held against the Warriors salary cap until he either signed somewhere or was renounced) basically means that you could either use the $5-6M in cap space that you'd have OR re-sign Brandon Rush, but not both.

But ya...Rush would probably play the 3 this year in place of Barnes, Green would have the same role he had this year backing up a couple of different positions, and (I believe) you'd have the full MLE available. Heck, you could be a title contender this year.
wouldnt the lakers prefer Klay over barnes?

Klay, as a shooter, may fit D'Antoni's system more than barnes?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
wouldnt the lakers prefer Klay over barnes?

Klay, as a shooter, may fit D'Antoni's system more than barnes?

I dunno who the Lakers would prefer. I'd prefer Barnes.
s**t I'll take dwight Howard but he needs to stop acting like a little kid
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Dwight... kinda rooting for him to come here now.
look who's going to be featured in the next 2K ...

http://instagram.com/p/bR5daRuPSm/
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Dwight... kinda rooting for him to come here now.

Talent-wise, it's a no-brainer. But I wouldn't go near anyone who acts like he does...he's completely unprofessional and doesn't mind quitting on a team and/or throwing coaches under the bus when it suits him. Anyone who signs him is making a deal with the devil and if the Lakers end up fleecing us for anyone of the caliber of Barnes or Klay, LA fans deserve to laugh in our face for years to come.

Again, it's not a question of talent because the guy is a beast, no doubt. It's a question of character, and the guy has none.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Talent-wise, it's a no-brainer. But I wouldn't go near anyone who acts like he does...he's completely unprofessional and doesn't mind quitting on a team and/or throwing coaches under the bus when it suits him. Anyone who signs him is making a deal with the devil and if the Lakers end up fleecing us for anyone of the caliber of Barnes or Klay, LA fans deserve to laugh in our face for years to come.

Again, it's not a question of talent because the guy is a beast, no doubt. It's a question of character, and the guy has none.

I can't think of him ever quitting on a team. He was playing in Orlando with a herniated disk, in a lot of pain, and gave what he could give. He came back early from his back surgery and played through pain for the Lakers this year. The dude has the maturity of a 15 year old, but I don't think it's fair to say he's quit on a team. And neither Barnes nor Klay is of Dwight's caliber.
kobe considers barnes to be like a little brother, sees a lot of talent in him
Please no Dwight Howard. Barnes is a future all-star. What are the Warriors thinking? Keep the team intact!

where did you hear this?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I can't think of him ever quitting on a team. He was playing in Orlando with a herniated disk, in a lot of pain, and gave what he could give. He came back early from his back surgery and played through pain for the Lakers this year. The dude has the maturity of a 15 year old, but I don't think it's fair to say he's quit on a team. And neither Barnes nor Klay is of Dwight's caliber.

That last year under Van Gundy, he "seemed" to quit on games (especially one against the Knicks that got a lot of pub), regularly avoided team huddles and acted like a jack-ass. Now, I'm not a doctor, and neither is Kobe or Magic, but they both publicly questioned Dwight's "injuries" often, and Magic specifically thought Dwight quit on the team in that last game when he got ejected. He didn't quit as in "dogging it," but he stupidly got ejected while his team was being blown out.

From my pedestrian's eye, it sure didn't seem like he was giving max effort most of the time. But again, it's my opinion and I have no inside information to prove anything.

What disturbed me the most was when he tried to play it off to Van Gundy that all was well between them. He didn't even have the balls to say, "yah, we have our issues and those issues should remain in house." He tried to pretend like everything was ok; thankfully VG outed him for being the little b***h he is.

Very true, Klay and Barnes aren't anywhere near the caliber of player that Howard is, but I'd rather have guys like that on my team (lesser talents, but high character) any day of the week than people like Dwight Howard. More specifically, I'd take my chances building on the core team of Bogut, Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee, Green, Ezeli, Rush, etc.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

That last year under Van Gundy, he "seemed" to quit on games (especially one against the Knicks that got a lot of pub), regularly avoided team huddles and acted like a jack-ass. Now, I'm not a doctor, and neither is Kobe or Magic, but they both publicly questioned Dwight's "injuries" often, and Magic specifically thought Dwight quit on the team in that last game when he got ejected. He didn't quit as in "dogging it," but he stupidly got ejected while his team was being blown out.

From my pedestrian's eye, it sure didn't seem like he was giving max effort most of the time. But again, it's my opinion and I have no inside information to prove anything.

What disturbed me the most was when he tried to play it off to Van Gundy that all was well between them. He didn't even have the balls to say, "yah, we have our issues and those issues should remain in house." He tried to pretend like everything was ok; thankfully VG outed him for being the little b***h he is.

Very true, Klay and Barnes aren't anywhere near the caliber of player that Howard is, but I'd rather have guys like that on my team (lesser talents, but high character) any day of the week than people like Dwight Howard. More specifically, I'd take my chances building on the core team of Bogut, Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee, Green, Ezeli, Rush, etc.

NBA history is full of champions that were coach-killers with questionable character. Your current core isn't a championship team, and Howard represents the opportunity to become one. Perhaps you will become one in a couple of years as cap space opens up, but I'd go after the franchise center in his prime who grants me an audience while I have the chance rather than wait two years and hope the next guy wants to come to Golden State.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

where did you hear this?

On which young players he appreciates ...

"There's a few of them. I really like KD (Kevin Durant) quite a lot and what he does and how he plays and how he works. There are several other young players I really enjoy, (Russell) Westbrook being another one and they just both happen to be on the same team. James Harden, who is now in Houston and Carmelo Anthony, obviously, we've had a long relationship. But, just as a whole, players who get injured and go down: David Lee -- I felt it was my responsibility to reach out to him and make sure that he was alright. Harrison Barnes, he's like a little brother to me. There's guys in the league that I definitely look out for and try to steer them in the right direction."

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/36713/kobe-bryant-interview-the-best-of-the-rest
Share 49ersWebzone