LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Better defender...Barnes or Thompson?

Neither are great right now but I would lean towards Thompson as the better defensive player.

I disagree. I actually think that Barnes is the better defender. Klay did well in some games, but there were a lot of games where he just looked confused

And Barnes wasnt?

sure, but that was expected from a rookie. as the season progressed, he actually got better, using his length, and was fairly consistent. klay showed flashes defensively, but consistently took his eye away from his man to find the ball.
thank god out of dwight mix

that would have helped the lakers more than it did us

Neither are great right now but I would lean towards Thompson as the better defensive player.

I disagree. I actually think that Barnes is the better defender. Klay did well in some games, but there were a lot of games where he just looked confused

And Barnes wasnt?

sure, but that was expected from a rookie. as the season progressed, he actually got better, using his length, and was fairly consistent. klay showed flashes defensively, but consistently took his eye away from his man to find the ball.

Like I said.. neither are good defenders at this point. Its close.
I agree with Jeff on that one^

And Barnes wasnt?

Klay had alot more boneheaded plays. He would make a mistake either on offense or defense and it would stick with him. I remember he gave up a turnover and they scored a bucket. He then turned it over right on the in bounds. Ship him out, keep Barnes. Klay is alot easier replaced than Barnes is.
I wouldn't mind Reke
Originally posted by YungAce:
I wouldn't mind Reke

He's super talented, but it's been 4 years and he still has no idea how to play off the ball. He pounds the rock too much and can't shoot. He's great at driving to the basket though. We need to find guys who can play off the ball and let Curry do his thing. A constant criticism of Jack was that he hogs the ball, but at least he could shoot. Evans can't.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Andray Blatche
Originally posted by YungAce:
I wouldn't mind Reke

DO NOT WANT
Originally posted by j3xperience:

And Barnes wasnt?

Klay had alot more boneheaded plays. He would make a mistake either on offense or defense and it would stick with him. I remember he gave up a turnover and they scored a bucket. He then turned it over right on the in bounds. Ship him out, keep Barnes. Klay is alot easier replaced than Barnes is.

I think Barnes has the bigger upside and would trade Klay before him. That wasnt the question though.

Looks like were looking at Andre Blatche.

the warriors are interested in everybody and their momma

I think Barnes and Thompson are basically on the same level defensively. Thompson is a little better right now, he improved a lot this season compared to last. But I think Barnes has more potential defensively because of his athleticism.
What about Robin Lopez as a backup C. New Orleans looking to unload him and I thought he was pretty effective.
What about Robin Lopez as a backup C. New Orleans looking to unload him and I thought he was pretty effective.

He'd be a solid pickup, assuming the price is right, obviously.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/01/report-andray-blatche-agrees-to-re-sign-with-nets/

any truth to this?
Share 49ersWebzone